Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Random Magic Generator RTD (Bull meat is good meat)  (Read 4608 times)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
Random Magic Generator RTD (Bull meat is good meat)
« on: May 30, 2012, 09:39:31 am »

This is now under my leadership, so listen up maggots my dear friends. The spell system has been slightly reworked, but everything is mostly the same.

Plot: You are disciples of the Generimagic Academy. You are sent to a pocket dimension made to test your skills. Your goal is to retrieve the Sacred Crystal, which will mark you as an official mage. However since you are just newbies, you get really, really horrible useless spells.

System: Standard RTD rolls. You all have 10 mana. You regenerate 2 each turn. You may only use spells you memorized. When you join, I will let you pick 4 from 6 randomly generated spells. Since 99% are useless, this not as generous as it sounds generous at all. I will add a mana cost to each one for balance. All spells can be used on any target, but a 1d6 will be rolled for targetting to see if you explode the enemies or your own ears and then turn into a mermaid.

Character form:

Name:
Bio:

Players:
-zomara0292
-10ebbor10
-dermonster
-freeformschooler

Waitlist:
-Ochita
-Caellath
-greatorder
-Sinpwn
-Spinal_taper
-Scelly9
-Powder Miner
-UristMcDwarf
-Tiruin
(I just let anyone into the waitlist these days, dont I?)

MAGIC! (Please repost your character with the spells you have chosen)
Spoiler: zomara0292 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 10ebbor10 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: freeformschooler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 12:50:25 pm by cerapa »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thunderstorm Tiger is the best spell. Just sayin'. Will wait on intro post.

As for spells, hmm...

2)The temperature drops by 40 degrees F permanently. You grow a draconic, arrow-headed tail.
3)Your breasts, if any, turn forest green and then you become a ghost for the rest of the day.
4)You turn into a tiger. A thunderstorm begins out of nowhere.
6)Your right arm bursts into flames for the rest of the day.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 09:43:09 am by freeformschooler »

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You edit ninjad me.

You bastard, as a curse, now you your right ear is cured of any maladies twice. Your left ear becomes fireproof, but only for a few minutes.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile

Name: Zomara
Bio: He isn't classy, nor is he smart. Why he is trying to be a mage, nobody knows, but he has tenacity. . . . .

Spells:
1)Your ass begins attacking you for a week.
2)Local gravity reverses repeatedly. You turn into a fish for the rest of the day.
3)Your right arm turns blue and gains the powers of Mr. Fantastic, then you're suddenly drenched with water.
4)The sky is clear and cloudless, but only for a few minutes. Plants grow rapidly near you repeatedly.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 10:00:32 am by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Question, do all these spells affect ourselves, or can we cause the effects on other too?

If yes
2)You feel your energy drained away for a week.
3)The temperature drops by 40 degrees F, but only for a few minutes. Plants grow rapidly near you twice.
4)A torrid blizzard suddenly strikes.
6)The moon is full in the sky and then a ghostly figure walks slowly by permanently.

If no
1)Everybody in the room but you begins glowing twice. Your hair becomes electric-proof permanently.
3)The temperature drops by 40 degrees F, but only for a few minutes. Plants grow rapidly near you twice.
4)A torrid blizzard suddenly strikes.
6)The moon is full in the sky and then a ghostly figure walks slowly by permanently.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All spells can be used on any target, but a 1d6 will be rolled for targetting to see if you explode the enemies or your own ears and then turn into a mermaid.
So, yes.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

All spells can be used on any target, but a 1d6 will be rolled for targetting to see if you explode the enemies or your own ears and then turn into a mermaid.
So, yes.
I assumed the Op's would be mostly identical.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

edited my spell list to the new knowledge.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, yes.
I assumed the Op's would be mostly identical.
They were. Cept for that bit.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile

Ha. You're being less merciful than I am. : V
 The one thing I didn't mention, which you may want to add, is that you don't regenerate mana the turn you use a spell. For balance issues. Otherwise with the fast mana regeneration you wouldn't have to save mana at all.
 Anyway, I'll watch this.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

I'll take... 2 3 5 and 6 I guess.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Beginning

In the beginning there was nothing. Then there was something. Skip forward a few eons, and wizards have appeared. In their wisdom, they decided to start an academy for the study of magic. The powers of these wizards are great, and becoming one of them is not a simple matter, as your skills must be proven through a test of magical abilities. As such, you all were transported to a pocket dimension and instructed to find the Sacred Crystal. Whoever retrieves it shall become a real mage.

You all have a modicum of magical talent. A few tricks you have learned over the years purely through experimentation. Sadly you have not been studying very well, and have learned absolutely nothing besides those tricks. You arent even sure why you agreed to this challenge in the first place. You ponder about the reasons while being thrown between dimensions.

You are all standing in a glowing circle, which seems to cool down after a few seconds. Around you is a spinning whirlwind which soon slows down and turns into a grassy plain. You see a large tower in the distance. You then turn around and see a bloody plain, covered in goblins. They are either dead or sleeping. You then look up into the sky. It is warm and misty. As you look around again, you notice something peculiar. An apocalyptic flaming hailstorm is rending the land.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to not stand in the burning hailstorm.

zomara0292
1)Your ass begins attacking you for a week. [2 mana]
2)Local gravity reverses repeatedly. You turn into a fish for the rest of the day. [3 mana]
3)Your right arm turns blue and gains the powers of Mr. Fantastic, then you're suddenly drenched with water. [6 mana]
4)The sky is clear and cloudless, but only for a few minutes. Plants grow rapidly near you repeatedly. [1 mana]

10ebbor10
1)You feel your energy drained away for a week. [3 mana]
2)The temperature drops by 40 degrees F, but only for a few minutes. Plants grow rapidly near you twice. [2 mana]
3)A torrid blizzard suddenly strikes. [3 mana]
4)The moon is full in the sky and then a ghostly figure walks slowly by permanently. [1 mana]

dermonster
1)It is warm and misty outside and then you feel frigid to the bone. [1 mana]
2)There is an earthquake and then you grow a pair of white feathery wings, but only for a few minutes. [4 mana]
3)It is hot and dry outside for the rest of the day. You turn into a bird anthro for a week. [3 mana]
4)Everybody in the room but you turns invisible and screams, then you become a teenager. [3 mana]

freeformschooler
1)The temperature drops by 40 degrees F permanently. You grow a draconic, arrow-headed tail. [3 mana]
2)Your breasts, if any, turn forest green and then you become a ghost for the rest of the day. [5 mana]
3)You turn into a tiger. A thunderstorm begins out of nowhere. [3 mana]
4)Your right arm bursts into flames for the rest of the day. [3 mana]

Gentlemen. While you can use the descriptions, I suggest you name your spells instead. Then post yer actions and sheet.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random Magic Generator RTD (It has begun)
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 12:19:48 pm »

Seek shelter in the distant tower.

Spoiler: Freeform (click to show/hide)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2012, 01:52:33 pm »

Go to the Apocoliptic area and preform a Heal Gaia
Spoiler: Zomara (click to show/hide)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 01:59:58 pm »

Follow freeform
Spoiler: Ironside (click to show/hide)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4