Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Random Magical Effect Generator  (Read 37496 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Random Magical Effect Generator
« Reply #105 on: June 02, 2012, 02:55:38 am »

I think what we need to do is create the B12 magical effect generator by combining all the current mods, post a link in this thread (maybe Jacob/Lee could add it to the OP), and perhaps take suggestions for more effects to be added in. Of course someone who knows html (because I don't >.>) would have to volunteer for it, but I think it would be highly entertaining. :D
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 02, 2012, 05:23:40 am »

I don't know HTML or Java (reading the HTML, it references Javascript), but at the current point in time I'm kinda game for maintaining a forum mod every once and a while if I feel like it, unless someone wants to take the magic generator further past what it is already by changing the actual scripting.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 05:25:31 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #107 on: June 02, 2012, 07:06:17 am »

http://jsbin.com/idifof/3/edit#html Has Armok's, Tarran's, my own, and Miauw's additions, spellchecked and grammar-nazi'd =P Feel free to un-nazi, some of it (like slowerfooted -> slow) is just personal preference. I also added a new sentence type to show how easy that is - find them below the fragments.

Tarran, I might have missed some of yours since you didn't put them in separately from the regular ones. It's a good idea to do this, if nothing else because it saves new contributors from adding things that already exist

To use: press render, enjoy.

Keep in mind, javascript is prone to opening you and others to nasty virus vulnerabilities in browsers. Don't try to get to revisions manually (like going to idifof/2/ or whatever, which was just a test) or you could introduce a complete stranger's exploits into your own revisions without realizing.

Edit: Herp derp, already found an error and a few typos. http://jsbin.com/idifof/4/edit#html

Your right hand ceases to exist, with a PANG as surrounding air fills the vacuum left behind for a thousand years.
Your spine has an orgasm for a week. Your penis, if any, grows hundreds of tiny eyes for an hour.
Your eyebrows becomes self aware permanently.
ALL OF YOUR EYES twitch and tremble twice.
Snow begins to fall and then you become inexplicably completely sexually uninterested permanently.
Your birthmarks, if any turn dark crimson and then spiders and centipedes crawl all over your body until you start to like it.
You have an incredible orgasm, then you become a pebble, and finally you glimpse into the future.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 07:43:41 am by Eagleon »
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 02, 2012, 09:42:43 am »

Eh, you made a misser there, i did not make any additions xD

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #109 on: June 02, 2012, 10:14:07 am »

Eh, you made a misser there, i did not make any additions xD
I added your elephant, for the hell of ant.
Music, Ballpoint

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 02, 2012, 10:17:14 am »

yay :D

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 02, 2012, 10:51:50 am »

Added a bunch. Fixed a few typos, too.

I tried adding conditionals to the duration list, but I'm not sure if it looks right in the results. Feel free to remove the 'until [you perform an action/have an action performed on you]' results from my contribution if you don't like the way they read.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #112 on: June 02, 2012, 11:05:25 am »

I tried adding conditionals to the duration list, but I'm not sure if it looks right in the results. Feel free to remove the 'until [you perform an action/have an action performed on you]' results from my contribution if you don't like the way they read.
You need to provide a link to the revision you made. JS Bin works by making a copy of the document with a new number for each save.
Music, Ballpoint

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 02, 2012, 11:24:07 am »

You need to provide a link to the revision you made. JS Bin works by making a copy of the document with a new number for each save.

Okay - I did a bunch of saves, since I kept finding things I wanted to change, so it's at http://jsbin.com/idifof/12/edit#html...

I keep seeing an 'undefined' error at the end of some of the outputs, but I haven't managed to track down the culprit.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 02, 2012, 01:02:50 pm »

Your eyes become feline permanently.
Creepy, and colorblind. Great.

You remember everything you have forgotten. An apocalyptic flaming hailstorn rends the land.
Goddamn, I didn't know memories were that powerful.

You feel your energy drained away, then you grow a pair of black dragon wings, and finally you feel your energy drained away.
High-maintenence wings?

Your wings, if any, both turn navy blue and then you become a water/ice elemental repeatedly.
Great, now my high-maintenence wings are blue.

You turn into a centaur, then you turn into a wolf anthro, and finally you turn into a dogperson.
Best furry ever?

You burst into flames, then you go deaf, and finally you burst into flames.
I assume my eardrums were burning the first time. But what was the second time?

Your right leg bursts into flames repeatedly.
Oh.

Your ass begins glowing repeatedly.
Hey, get away from my nuclear pile!
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 02, 2012, 01:06:20 pm »

wow.
just wow.

cats can see color, just its more blue and green.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 02, 2012, 01:25:25 pm »

Has Armok's, Tarran's, my own, and Miauw's additions, spellchecked and grammar-nazi'd =P
Um, wow. That was out of nowhere.

Tarran, I might have missed some of yours since you didn't put them in separately from the regular ones. It's a good idea to do this, if nothing else because it saves new contributors from adding things that already exist
Yes, yes. I had never thought that it would be included in a larger mod. Give me a break.

Anyway, yes, you missed a huge amount of my stuff on the first section. After the turning into centaurs, I have a LOT of stuff added beneath there.

I'll add everything I only added. Anyone can remove anything I added if it is already covered by someone else: I'm not interested in checking too much. I'll also be completely overwriting my section in the 128s in case something was missed. If anybody had any corrections or anything that was not covered in the double slashes, feel free to redo them in both the 1s and 128s.

http://jsbin.com/idifof/14/edit -Ignore #13. It is an edit of #3. I'm new to this, give me a break.

But I have a few modifications to base texts. I want to know if anyone has any objections to these and why.
Spoiler: Modded text (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 02, 2012, 01:53:43 pm »

You die instantly.
  :-X No need to see the rest of the spell. On to the next!

You are cursed to only speak in rhyme and then you feel frigid to the bone.
Being cold sucks ass/I'd like to give this spell a pass.
You turn into a snake repeatedly.
I guess being a snake's not too bad/I can think of worse things than being scale-clad.
There is a sudden eclipse and then you feel sick.
So now I'm a serpent that's sick/I'd better finish up this spell quick.
A fissure in the earth opens and releases an army of demons, but only for a few minutes.
This effect I'd prefer to trade/A snake has no chance against a demon brigade.
An apocalyptic flaming hailstorm rends the land and then you turn into a unicorn.
This is a day to mourn/The apocalypse brought by a rhyming unicorn.

(Ugh, those are bad, but at least I kept the gimmick up. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #118 on: June 02, 2012, 03:20:46 pm »

Okay - I did a bunch of saves, since I kept finding things I wanted to change, so it's at http://jsbin.com/idifof/12/edit#html...

I keep seeing an 'undefined' error at the end of some of the outputs, but I haven't managed to track down the culprit.
The culprit is the bug I fixed in 4, which I introduced in my meddling hehe - the new sentence was missing a string in its aCheckText entry. Fixed here http://jsbin.com/idifof/15/edit
Yes, yes. I had never thought that it would be included in a larger mod. Give me a break.
That wasn't just directed at you, no worries. I see it often enough in DF mods that I felt the need to make it a point.
But I have a few modifications to base texts. I want to know if anyone has any objections to these and why.
Spoiler: Modded text (click to show/hide)
Sounds good to me.
Music, Ballpoint

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 02, 2012, 05:31:23 pm »

You are filled with overwhelming peace and joy and then you become drunk repeatedly.

dwarf walking into a legendary diner room (after having lost 5 of his friends in an ambush)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 05:34:30 pm by Antioch »
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12