Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXXIV: Nine-Life Ninja: GAME OVER, Scum Victory!  (Read 64556 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

From the post you linked:

Quote from: Shakerag
Chaos Armor:  I'm voting Tiruin due to process of elimination.  I outlined that I believe you're town here, and that Hapah is town here.  Therefore, that leaves Tiruin as scum.
Cuts both ways, I believe. Tir could claim the same, couldn't he?

Also, since your case on me basically boils down to complementary behavior between FD and myself, I'd like to direct you toward my case on Deathsword and the complementary behavior I saw between him and Tiruin.  And we know how that turned out.  Amusingly, Tiruin was voting Deathsword at the end of the day there, which, at the time, I was thinking it looked like he was bussing his scumbuddy as well. 
But I have already stated that I do not believe they are the same.

..and I think that's it? The rest is just you answering questions from CA/Tir, and saying that Tir must be scum because I and CA are town.

From your last post:

Humor me this:  If I'm really the last scum left, what do you think my reasoning would be for killing CA?
That's WIFOM. "They killed CA, so they must want Shake to die. But I know that they know that I know that they know...". You should (or do) know that.

Additionally, if you think your case on me is "far from perfect", then why aren't you trying to reinforce that case at all?  Or look more closely at Tiruin?
Trust me, I did look at Tiruin. But I can't find anything to lynch him on. I'm guessing you can't find anything compelling either, or you'd have brought it up. As far as I can tell, your evidence boils down to "it has to be him because everyone else is town" and his interactions with DS (where I disagree with your assessment). My case on you isn't perfect, but my case on him is damn near nonexistent.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

PFP

Will manage a post tonight, also explaining why I was gone for ax extra ~12 hours from my last post :/
The time of the year where monsoons and low pressure areas come? Had to be now, with extra electrical problems.

Anyway, back now and ready to finish this up!

Shakerag, still.

=snip=
Addressing by marker, for better formatting. Next post covers recent events.
Spoiler: First point (click to show/hide)
Now in that spoiler, I'd like to ask you to quote//state the reply # of those posts which Irony stated that gave off that feel and why, please.

Why I think it's Tiruin.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Next:

[Do I even need to give the usual LYLO speech?]

Oppose extend
Oppose shorten
- to avoid shenanigans. 

CA dying and this being LYLO doesn't change that I think Tiruin is scum.  What about you two?
Could you clarify on the shenanigans thing? It takes two to approve, but the shorten & note, I don't get.

Next is, why the bolded portion?

Humor me this:  If I'm really the last scum left, what do you think my reasoning would be for killing CA?  Additionally, if you think your case on me is "far from perfect", then why aren't you trying to reinforce that case at all?  Or look more closely at Tiruin?
Forgive me for asking (and by this I mean IC mode mostly), what is usually meant by people when they say Humor me this? Sounds like an expression to 'just know something in contradiction of a matter' for me.

Because without that, and from my own meaning, I'd say WIFOM. You divert to me, but don't give something to chew on?

Well, here's my take.

There are about two stances on why, with assumed principles.
Me and you are dueling, I know where my stand lies, and you do yours, judging by past days. Hapah is the third party - his vote is what you need to sway. I'm guessing you're stating from the view of connections by votes.

Then I don't think theres anything more that can really be productive here right now.
In before day end, this happens. Why can't there be anything productive right then? CA did state that he extended and voted to let questions flow.

Also, why state that type of WIFOM when you told the (nearly) same thing on your case on Deathsword?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

[2] Shakerag: Tiruin, Hapah
[1] Tiruin: Shakerag

Day ends Today 9:00 PM MST in ~8 hours.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

Disregarding everything I've said previously, I'm really wondering if Hapah is scum now.  You've been tunneling me way too much for me not to find that a bit odd, coupled with your statement of not being able to find a single thing to work with on Tiruin ... If you really are town, then I want to take a shovel upside your head after this game is over. 

Not that it matters, really.  One of you is scum, and one of you is 100% convinced I'm scum. 

Game ends today, and I think I can speak for us all when I say no one wants another extend, Jim included.  So I'll just make a closing statement.

I went after borno because I thought I saw a slip there namedropping DS.  Saw what looked to be complementary behaviour between DS and Tiruin, especially since they went after abculatter early (because, let's be honest here, whoever's joking around/acting crazy is almost always easy to get lynched anyway).  DS flipped town, so that fizzed out.  FD looked like scum when I reread, so went with him. 

CA was likely town due to FD's tunneling and my theory that IO inspected him.  Hapah seemed town to me at that point because it would have been damn odd for him to be bussing FD like that the previous day, and he could have easily switched his vote from FD to me at day end with Theo, potentially ending the game right there if the NK went through.  (As a side note, I wonder if the reason why CA was not finding me to be terribly scummy was because he protected me the night there was no NK.  I guess we'll find out shortly.) 

I think Tiruin has played a pretty decent game, but by process of elimination I think he's got to be scum.  I also didn't like how it looked like he was trying to throw FD a line by suggesting the no-lynch, and his post-day-end post looked like he could have been trying to save FD's bacon by throwing suspicion on Hapah and Theo.  Especially the line "Why are you less certain about him than FD?"  To me that's coming across as "be more certain about Shakerag, so you don't lynch my buddy FD".

But, again, not that it matters because I think my words are falling on deaf ears.  Hapah has got serious tunnel vision or is scum, and Tiruin is too suspicious of me for going after him/DS earlier or is scum. 

Shenanigans - Just to make sure no one fiddled with the length of the day.  Extend would be painful, and shorten could be a move by scum or let scum shorten as well and win. 

Humor me - Usually means that the response to the inquiry will not have any effect on whatever's going on, but the requestor is curious about something none the less.  (Like, for example, "I know you're not really going to ask my mom to have sex with you, but humor me and tell me how you would proposition her.")

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

If Tir is scum, he deserves the win. I can't make a case, and yours still looks like it boils down to process of elimination. I mean, I've reread his posts three times since D4 opened, and I still can't really get anything to stick. The only things would be the No Lynch vote that he suggested (but never actually voted) on D3, and (maybe?) his interactions with DS. His hostile interactions with FD look genuinely hostile, while I've made my thoughts on your and FD's interactions well known.

Plus, I'd really hope that CA would have said that he saved you (or me, or Tir) before the last night. I'm guessing that he saved someone who is now dead, but like you said, we'll know soon enough. I would have completely accepted him claiming Doctor, so I'd think if he could give someone else almost-confirmed-town status he would have done so.

And yeah, maybe I do have tunnel vision, I don't know. But I'm listening. All I know is I couldn't put together a convincing argument for a Tir lynch, and yours looks very thin as well. If I've got no case on him and an okay case on you, what am I supposed to do?

I doubt I'll be back before the deciding lynch, so I'll just go ahead and say that it was a good game, everyone. Lessons can be learned from win or loss, and that's what BM is all about! I look forward to the post-game! And at the very least, this was a hell of a lot closer than most BM's, lol.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Do bear in mind that an "okay" case is really not advised for LYLO. If there was ever a time to be certain, it'd be the lynch that the entire game depends on.

I also notice there doesn't really seem to have been much hunting today; most of what everyone's got seems to be from earlier. That's not necessarily wrong, but it's a bit disturbing to think that LYLO included no actual scumhunting.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

Plus, I'd really hope that CA would have said that he saved you (or me, or Tir) before the last night.
Actually, that's a terrible idea.  Say he did save me.  CA claims.  We have, essentially, two confirmed town (scum counter-claim aside).  But there's still two unknowns.  If CA and I were to not lynch scum, the scum now knows who's the doctor, so it's guaranteed game over. 

Unless you can confirm beyond the shadow of a doubt who is scum, I wouldn't claim doctor at 4p MYLO like that.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

But I look really towny!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Day's over.

Will process shortly.

In the meantime, no posting.

Nevermind, you can post if you want to. Just bear in mind that the votes as they stand right now are what I'm going to end the day on.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

The extra lives approach the final boss' chambers. Hapah pulls out his ninja sword and blocks Shakerag's way.

"You won't go any further." Hapah says. "It's you. It's always been you."

"You can't do this. I'm an extra life!" Shakerag pleads.

"I agree with Hapah. You have to go." Tiruin says.

And before Shakerag can protest Tiruin boots him into a bottomless pit.

Hapah grins before he hears the telling sounds of an (extra) life lost.

Hapah turns his sword to Tiruin. Tiruin laughs. "How will you fight me when you can't even move?"

Hapah collapses to the ground, limp. He manages to turn his head upward, anger and loathing in his eyes. "The controller!"

"Yep." Tiruin says, look of smug victory on his face.

"You'll never get away with this!" Hapah gasps, his face red from struggling.

"Looks like I already have." Tiruin rolls Hapah's body into the bottomless pit.

The extra life counter ticks down from one to zero.

GAME OVER

The extra lives have failed. Now the kid has to do his chores!

Shakerag has been lynched. He was an Extra Life (Vanilla Town)!

The Scum Team, Flying Dice, Enemy Ninja (Godfather), and Tiruin, The Controller (Roleblocker), has won!

The Town Team has lost!

Scum Chat
Dead Chat

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXXIV: Nine-Life Ninja: GAME OVER, Scum Victory!
« Reply #372 on: July 25, 2012, 02:47:18 am »

Actions:

Spoiler: Night 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 3 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 4 (click to show/hide)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 25, 2012, 04:52:29 am »

Always. Scum. Retroactively if need be.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 06:04:31 am by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 25, 2012, 05:20:35 am »

Very well played, Tiruin. You outmaneuvered the IC. D:
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27