Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXXIV: Nine-Life Ninja: GAME OVER, Scum Victory!  (Read 64564 times)

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXXIV: Nine-Life Ninja: Not Ninja Enough at Level 4
« Reply #345 on: July 17, 2012, 04:58:43 pm »

Tiruin:
Tiruin:

You have been posting and active for days since your last post in this Mafia game. What do you have to say for your active lurking?

I have varying degrees of suspicion for everyone. But my list of suspicions has You and Hapah in first and Shakerag in second.
First, I am waiting for Shakerag's post. Not lurking.

Second, could you state...why? You just tied the vote and did an extend.

First, that makes two of us waiting on Shakerag's reply.

Second, I would rather have a no lynch then lynch someone I don't see all that scummy. Neither You or Hapah have convinced me that Shakerag is scum.

The extend was put in place because I'd rather see the lynch of a scum than a no lynch.

This is MYLO and ending in a no lynch can be a good tactic. Best case scenario is that we lynch scum today. Second best is we don't lynch today and doctor saves player from NK. Third best is we don't lynch and there is a NK. Fourth, being the second worst, is when we mislynch and doctor saves player from NK. Fifth, the worst, we mislynch and there is a NK. That means a scum victory.

Unless we are absolutely certain that the person we lynch is scum then the best idea would be a no lynch.

And as I've stated before I'm not convinced that Shakerag is scum and therefore not ready to lynch him.

For my vote: The short version is, I am voting Shakerag because I perceived his interactions with FD to be complimentary and, therefore, scummy.

In my opinion that is not enough to vote someone on. Do you have more evidence?
Could you state why it is not enough to vote someone on? He posted the evidence in those quotes back there.

Why did you tie the vote, and why do you believe two people are more suspicious than one on MYLO?

I just don't believe that it is enough for a lynch that could possible end in a scum victory. Which/what quotes? I see evidence in a spoiler but not quotes.

I've already stated why I tied the vote.

It's not so much that I find two people suspicious it's that I find two people more suspicious than the other guy.

Why are you so eager to lynch?

Shakerag:
Well, if we're not going to end day early, I'll need an extend for time to reply to everything.

Why weren't you planning on replying to anything until we extended?

Hapah:

What do/did you think of my case on FD?
Lurking since 2009

Leerooooooooy walk forward twice

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 17, 2012, 06:10:24 pm »

PPE: It's a little longer than I intended, but I kinda got going. I spoiled my rationale for opposing a no-lynch, please give it a read. I think a No-Lynch is a worse move than a Lynch.

Quote from: Chaos
What do/did you think of my case on FD?
It was alright, all things considered. It's really hard to fight someone when you have limited time and they have lots. That could be why FD targeted you initially, but who knows? Scumchat might have something after the game's over.

Which means, unless anyone thinks they can pull something concrete out of another day of chatter, you've got to work with what you've got. It's not going to be crystal clear, but you've got to make the best of it. I think Shake is the last scum for the reasons I've outlined previously. I tried to build a case on Tir, and I couldn't come up with anything nearly as convincing as I could on Shake. I mean, my case on Shake is far from perfect, it's based on how I perceived his interactions with FD and a few (minor by comparison) other points. It's not perfect. It can't be perfect. But it's what I've got.

The point of this rambling post is that I've got a case on Shake. It's not perfect, but it's what I've got. You (CA or Shake) need to give me a convincing reason to move my vote, or I see no reason to. I haven't seen anything of the sort from Shake, and CA just got back. What case can you build on Tiruin?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 18, 2012, 11:12:42 am »

Okay, here we go.

Chaos Armor:  I'm voting Tiruin due to process of elimination.  I outlined that I believe you're town here, and that Hapah is town here.  Therefore, that leaves Tiruin as scum.

As to your second question, I wasn't responding mostly due to RL busyness, and partly because before you decided to pop back in it looked like the day was going to be over with me getting lynched anyway.  And partly just long-game fatigue of wanting the game to move to N4 already.

Hapah: [Firstly, to answer your question about bussing.  I will admit that I'm possibly not the best choice to answer this question as I've been scum very few times.  Having said that, (and I've re-written this several times to try and make it more readable) looking at bussing your scumbuddy as some kind of strategy is very likely bad, except possibly in certain game-specific situations.  Bussing your scumbuddy because he looks scummy is just normal scum play, in my opinion.  If you would lynch him as a townie, then you should lynch him as scum.  Does that answer your question?]

Also, since your case on me basically boils down to complementary behavior between FD and myself, I'd like to direct you toward my case on Deathsword and the complementary behavior I saw between him and Tiruin.  And we know how that turned out.  Amusingly, Tiruin was voting Deathsword at the end of the day there, which, at the time, I was thinking it looked like he was bussing his scumbuddy as well. 

Tiruin
@321 - I already talked about the "seriously". 
- I don't remember why I didn't mention the connection at that time.  If I had to guess, I'd say I was thinking it and neglected to mention it.  I get yelled at by my significant other for doing this a lot.
- IO likely didn't say he got a town inspection, because it's usually not good strategy to cop claim unless you have at least one scum result, or possibly two town results.  In smaller games, at least. 
- I feel I did state my reasoning for linking people up based on flips.  It seems logical to me.  I didn't need to question you, because I felt that I had a strong enough feel that the other players were town, so therefore you must be scum.  Finding scumtells isn't the only way to identify scum.
- What's not to get about the bussing question?  If he wanted me to answer as a player, then that could be information he (or anyone) could use to determine my alignment one way or another.  If I respond as an IC, then the answer can't be taken as game-related information.
- What impact does Hapah's statement have on me?  I'm not even sure what the point of your question is.  The impact of the statement is that Hapah thinks I'm scum, and it makes me feel that he's pretty well decided on that point. 

@329 - Pushing for a no lynch at the start of MYLO isn't scummy, it's a perfectly acceptable town behavior.  Which is why I'd be inclined to do it if I were scum.  Then I could NK whomever I didn't want to bring into LYLO with me. 
- I didn't need to question CA to feel that he was very likely town.  Circumstantial evidence did it for me.  As for when, look up at the link in my response to CA.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 18, 2012, 04:30:44 pm »

PFP

=snip=
You state many ideas about the lynch, and cyclic thinking yet you don't even say why you think anything about why or what your beliefs are or on why you aren't convinced or not.

That post reeks of BS. Or contradiction.
[...]I would rather have a no lynch then lynch someone I don't see all that scummy. Neither You or Hapah have convinced me that Shakerag is scum.

The extend was put in place because I'd rather see the lynch of a scum than a no lynch.

And by:
And as I've stated before I'm not convinced that Shakerag is scum and therefore not ready to lynch him.
You mean:
I have varying degrees of suspicion for everyone. But my list of suspicions has You and Hapah in first and Shakerag in second.
?
If you did state it before, could you at least post the quote or reply #? I don't see anywhere on your case on WHY you're not convinced, just vagueness and nebulous statements.

What makes you sure on that?

For my vote: The short version is, I am voting Shakerag because I perceived his interactions with FD to be complimentary and, therefore, scummy.

In my opinion that is not enough to vote someone on. Do you have more evidence?
Could you state why it is not enough to vote someone on? He posted the evidence in those quotes back there.

Why did you tie the vote, and why do you believe two people are more suspicious than one on MYLO?

I just don't believe that it is enough for a lynch that could possible end in a scum victory. Which/what quotes? I see evidence in a spoiler but not quotes.

I've already stated why I tied the vote.

It's not so much that I find two people suspicious it's that I find two people more suspicious than the other guy.

Why are you so eager to lynch?

Are you intentionally being dense? The quotes are in the spoiler for easier formatting.

Next, you don't have to refer that you already stated why, if the reason is in the very same post. It's redundant.

Also, please clarify the bolded portions.

Lastly, did you even read anything of what I posted?

This is MYLO and ending in a no lynch can be a good tactic. Best case scenario is that we lynch scum today. Second best is we don't lynch today and doctor saves player from NK. Third best is we don't lynch and there is a NK. Fourth, being the second worst, is when we mislynch and doctor saves player from NK. Fifth, the worst, we mislynch and there is a NK. That means a scum victory.
You know, assuming there is a doctor, actually. This whole thing contradicts itself.

No lynch =/= lynch.

I'm getting back to this in ~14 hours, due to exams coming up  :-\

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 18, 2012, 06:51:13 pm »

Shake: Regarding the bus question: Sure. Thank you.

I'm not certain that I'll be able to post tomorrow (or feel like it, for that matter), due to some heavy RL stuff going on. I still haven't seen a convincing reason to move my vote off Shake, so it will stay there.

Oppose Extend. If you three are all in agreement about an Extend, I'll be over-ruled. But I say it's time to finish this.

I'll try to check in again before N4, if possible.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 19, 2012, 10:12:20 am »

I'm not certain that I'll be able to post tomorrow (or feel like it, for that matter), due to some heavy RL stuff going on. I still haven't seen a convincing reason to move my vote off Shake, so it will stay there.
Also, since your case on me basically boils down to complementary behavior between FD and myself, I'd like to direct you toward my case on Deathsword and the complementary behavior I saw between him and Tiruin.  And we know how that turned out.  Amusingly, Tiruin was voting Deathsword at the end of the day there, which, at the time, I was thinking it looked like he was bussing his scumbuddy as well. 
And you don't have any thoughts on this?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 19, 2012, 11:31:56 am »

Not really, no. I don't think the interactions between Tir and DS were the same as the ones between you and FD.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 19, 2012, 12:09:20 pm »

Then I don't think theres anything more that can really be productive here right now.

Oppose extend.
Shorten.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 19, 2012, 03:19:09 pm »

[2] Shakerag: Tiruin, Hapah
[2] Tiruin: Shakerag, Chaos Armor

Day ends Today 9:00 PM MST.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 20, 2012, 12:52:54 am »

"Tiruin."

"Shakerag."

The two extra lives glared at each other through their ninja masks. Their hands tightly gripped their ninja swords.

"Chaos Armor?" Shakerag asks. "Hapah?"

"Shakerag."

"Tiruin."

Shakerag closes his eyes and shakes his head. "Then it looks like we won't make any decision today."

The four extra lives walked through the screen transition to the Boss' chambers. There...

Boss Battle 4 Begins!

[2] Shakerag: Tiruin, Hapah
[2] Tiruin: Shakerag, Chaos Armor

Night 4 has begun. No one has been lynched.

Night 4 will last until Friday 9:00 PM MST or until I get all actions.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

The extra lives are extra careful coming into the boss battle. They cautiously approach the boss, a big giant with a huge hammer.

The boss raises his hammer into the air and smashes Chaos Armor.

The hammer comes up and nothing's there.

The extra lives dodge the attacks and finish off the boss, and examine the spot where Chaos Armor disappeared.

"Where'd he go?" Hapah asks. "After something like that, you'd think there'd be something left."

Tiruin kneals down at the spot, feeling the indentation the hammer made. "I think he fell through the floor."

"Then he won't be coming back." Hapah says.

"Not likely." Shakerag says. "But we can't let this get us down. We're getting close to GAME OVER and we're not done yet."

The score counts and the screen turns black as...

Level 5 Begins!

Chaos Armor has been killed! He was The Older Brother (Doctor)!

It is now Day 5. Day 5 will end Tuesday 9:00 PM MST.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

PFP

Will manage a post tonight, also explaining why I was gone for ax extra ~12 hours from my last post :/

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[Do I even need to give the usual LYLO speech?]

Oppose extend
Oppose shorten
- to avoid shenanigans. 

CA dying and this being LYLO doesn't change that I think Tiruin is scum.  What about you two?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

Quote from: Shakerag
[Do I even need to give the usual LYLO speech?]
Nah. Can if you want to, I guess, for those reading along.

Shakerag.
Oppose Shorten.

I still think it's you, Shake. I know it's been a long game, but lay out all your proof and arguments on Tir one last time. I believe I've disagreed with most of them so far, but I'll take another look.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I still think it's you, Shake. I know it's been a long game, but lay out all your proof and arguments on Tir one last time. I believe I've disagreed with most of them so far, but I'll take another look.
Why I think it's Tiruin.

Humor me this:  If I'm really the last scum left, what do you think my reasoning would be for killing CA?  Additionally, if you think your case on me is "far from perfect", then why aren't you trying to reinforce that case at all?  Or look more closely at Tiruin? 
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27