Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXXIV: Nine-Life Ninja: GAME OVER, Scum Victory!  (Read 64577 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXXIV: Nine-Life Ninja: Loss of Life at Level 3
« Reply #300 on: July 06, 2012, 12:39:25 am »

Great. Day end. Saving post anyway on what I would've said before Jim got it...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXXIV: Nine-Life Ninja: Bested Before Boss Battle 3
« Reply #301 on: July 06, 2012, 12:41:02 am »

Do not post at night under any circumstances.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXXIV: Nine-Life Ninja: Bested Before Boss Battle 3
« Reply #302 on: July 08, 2012, 11:21:48 am »

The extra lives jump around and flip and dodge the attacks of a giant mosquito thing. It opens its mouth and reveals lots of gross crud inside.

It zooms by for a sting, and all the ninjas dodge out of the way, except for Theodolus.

"No, Theodolus!" Tiruin shouts. "You don't have to meet your destiny today!"

Theodolus gets a stinger in the chest.

The extra lives jump and slash at the thing and finish it off. They gather around a barely breathing Theodolus.

"I died as I lived..." He sputters. "As a ninja...." His strength leaves him and his head falls to the side.

The extra lives nod and move on.

Level 4 Begins!

Theodolus has been killed! He was an Extra Life (Vanilla Town)!

It is now Day 4. Day 4 will end Wednesday 9:00 PM MST.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXXIV: Nine-Life Ninja: Not Ninja Enough at Level 4
« Reply #303 on: July 08, 2012, 11:40:34 am »

Rose... bud

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 09, 2012, 08:21:09 am »

(Woo!)

I'll try to make a post once I'm actually awake.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 09, 2012, 08:52:35 am »

Bah! I guess I was too threatening to the remaining traitor! Avenge... me...
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 09, 2012, 09:46:39 am »

[Hello, everyone!  With one scum down, that leaves one scum left for town victory.  However, with four players left in the game total, we're still at MYLO, so my previous speech about MYLO applies. 

Town:  Same deal as yesterday.  You may want to opt to No Lynch to force the game to LYLO if you feel that you can't 100% pick scum today.  Barring a save from a doctor, a mislynch today hands the game to the scumteam.  However, lynching scum today results in a town victory. 

Scum:  With just one of you left, now it is of utmost importance to not get caught.  It's a difficult line to walk.  You have to be active enough to not look scummy, but at the same time not drop any scumtells while being active. 

Good luck to everyone, and remember to keep active!]

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 09, 2012, 10:17:17 am »

PFP

Alright, good work folks! I want your opinion on something. Can we say that Chaos Armor is confirmed town? Considering the way that FD (who turned out to be the Godfather) was laying into him, I find it very doubtful that he's scum.

Everyone: Top scumpick? Comments, thoughts, questions, suspicions?

Shakerag: You have to understand that you don't look very good to me right now; considering the biggest tell I saw was the interaction between you and FD and he flipped scum. The only way I see for you to get out of my vote is to build a very convincing case on someone else (ie Tir). It's a tall order, but everyone gets their chance. What have you got?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 09, 2012, 11:17:57 am »

Theodolus:  [I don't remember if the hypocricy thing was necessarily directed at you off the top of my head, but seeing that word being thrown about made me want to drop a J-bomb of advice on you all anyway.  It's just good to keep in mind regardless.]

Tiruin@271:  When you ask why didn't I mention borno's comment earlier ... earlier than when, exactly? 

@274: I concluded your bolded selections post-IO-flip.  How did I come to said conclusion?  Because he was asking an awful lot of questions about why people were voting Chaos Armor, but not in a way as to throw suspicion on CA.  It came across, to me, like he was trying to get people to re-think their cases on CA. 

Second bolded selection:  Yes, I know that's what he said, but that doesn't mean I believe him.

Third bolded selection:  I was heavily focused on Deathsword D2, so I wasn't processing things outside of that scope terribly much.  As for why, refer to my bit about what a bandwagon is. 

[Also, Female aggro basically refers to wife/girlfriend wanting some manner of attention and the poster needs to address that.]

Hapah: Fair enough, but be prepared to bring your A-game.  You can start by laying out your case.  Don't disappoint me. 

[Also, you can say Chaos Armor is confirmed town, but that doesn't guarantee anyone else will believe you.  Never under- or over-estimate what scum could do.]

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 09, 2012, 12:21:19 pm »

PFP

Shakerag: I'll see if I can put it all together after I get off. It's more or less my original case (reply 241), with a little more added on about your actions since that post.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 09, 2012, 02:20:11 pm »

So, I went back and did a re-read [as you all should do], and found something interesting happening at the end of D3.

Hapah and Theodolus were all buddying it up right at day end.  The voting stood at:
Flying Dice - Hapah, CA, myself
Me - Tiruin, Theodolus

Note that FD flipped scum, and Theodolus flipped town.  Obviously, Hapah and Theodolus couldn't have been scumbuddies. 

Chaos Armor, as I've stated previously, I feel is pretty likely to be town.  After looking back over the tail end of D3, I'm inclined to think that Hapah is most likely town as well. 

Why?  Assume Hapah was scum there.  He'd know FD is also scum, and he'd know that I am town.  Given that he'd been calling out FD and myself as a scumteam all of D3, it wouldn't have been terribly suspicious for him to have switched his vote to me, citing that Theodolus convinced him that I was scummier.  Town mislynch, game over if doc misses.  Even if there wasn't an NK, he'd be set up to bus FD on D4 and try again that night.  But he didn't switch his vote, and FD got lynched and flipped scum.  Still assuming Hapah's scum, now he would be coming into D4 as solo scum, looking at a 4pMYLO at best, or 5p at worst. 

So, from my perspective, that leaves Tiruin as the last scum.

Tiruin, Hapah: Since you both seem to think I'm scum, please explain to me why I went through the trouble of bussing my scumbuddy D3.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 09, 2012, 02:29:08 pm »

Turns out I found a little time right now!

Shakerag: Good point on the IC-speak. I definitely think he's town; but I'd be interested in hearing what everyone else says. Just look through CA and FD's exchange, though: Their general dislike for each other rings very true to me. It's hard to replicate that tone.

So, there you have it. I need to give Tir's postings a reread (as the last scum damn near has to be one of you), but at the moment I believe Shakerag is our man.

PPE: Definitely agree with Shakerag on the re-read. See above for reason for the bus: It would be the best option in a bad lot for you. On that note, Shakerag, in what situations do you feel that a bus is in the scum's best interest?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 09, 2012, 04:51:13 pm »

I would like to point out something else of note:

Come to think of it: Everyone: As it is MYLO, and we've gleaned much information today, what about a no-lynch for now. Tomorrow, we can resume the pace (if or if not there is a kill). Now I'm not against FD's lynch today, but something isn't right with the current state of affairs and on the vote patterns and I'm not having that much of a scum-feel on him.

Well, unless we can still Extend, that is.
So Tiruin, knowing that this is MYLO, which means a mislynch equals a town loss, says he's not against FD's lynch, but at the same time isn't getting much of a scum-feel on him.  That's a pretty wishy-washy attitude to be having when the outcome of the game is on the line.  I like how he's trying to toss out the idea of a no-lynch suddenly as well.  Interesting that the only person who bites on the idea is Flying Dice ...

Hapah: Will respond to your question tonight/tomorrow when I have more time.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 09, 2012, 05:17:41 pm »

Shake: Alright. I'll try to fit in a partial reread tonight, as well.

Tir, Chaos: Are you guys going to let us have all the fun?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 09, 2012, 06:21:12 pm »

PFP

Still on Shakerag. Hapah, for reasons later, especially for Hapah. (~12 hours due to work constraints but I've done my re-read and quite sure on this.)
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27