Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXXIV: Nine-Life Ninja: GAME OVER, Scum Victory!  (Read 64607 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXXIV: Nine-Life Ninja: Level 2 Starts Well!
« Reply #165 on: June 19, 2012, 04:40:28 pm »

Tiruin
what sort of experience do you have playing Mafia? how does it feel to be replacing somebody who is suspected to be scum? as the Godfather what would be your long-term plan to best leverage your position? As the cop how would you go about uncovering the Godfather?

Please clarify on what kind of sort do you mean. Basically, I only know Mafia through my sojourns on Bay12, forum Mafia that is. I'm unsure as to my personal abilities, but know the basics in handling myself. I'm perfectly fine as a replacement.

Also, could you clarify what you mean by leverage? In the long-term, basically, I would be aiming to complete my wincon.

As a Cop, I wouldn't actually know if my target was Godfather or not, given the word 'town' upon inspect is the same but basically, I would always suspect the chance of a Godfather. Basically, it breaks down into scumhunting.

Also, I've noticed you rated Fiskav and borno higher on your suspicions, but went ahead to lynch BMC instead. Why?

Looks like activity has either dropped, or most are busy, in my opinion.

Flying Dice:
BMC has by far been the scummiest in my eyes, what with the OMGUS votes and BS, and I haven't seen anything noticably objectionable from anyone else. Deathsword is slightly ahead of the rest, because he wasn't arguing clearly earlier.
Could you say what you see in an OMGUS that makes a person scummy?

Chaos Armor: You there?

Deathsword:
My top suspicions currently are Chaos Armor and Fiskav abculatter_2.

The problem with fiskav/abculatter is that whiel fiskav did act somwhat scummy (abculatter even commented on it), abculatter himself hasn't done anything that I could consider scummy.
So why aren't you questioning abc? What do you consider scummy, by the way?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 19, 2012, 04:53:28 pm »

[1] Deathsword: Shakerag
[1] Chaos Armor: Deathsword
[1] abculatter_2: Tiruin

Day ends Tomorrow 9:00 PM MST.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 19, 2012, 05:06:27 pm »

Tiruin: I haven't asked abulatter_2 a question because I simply couldn't think of any that could be used for scumhunting.

What I consider scummy? Mostly avoiding questions or giving very vague answers, really.

Now that I have actually managed to think of a question and re-read some of the last posts... Abculatter, why is it that you keep giving clearly non-serious and rather confusing answers to the questions of others? Like the others, I would like if you clarified what you meant by (bolded part):
As for your question... Well, the first thing I'd try to remember is that I'm not a mafia player, but I'll just pretend I have amnesia...
What would be the most important thing to remember... Hmmm... I would say, stay low-key, and don't go hoppin' around voting on everyone. But I'm a nub, so what would I know?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 19, 2012, 05:48:35 pm »

Flying Dice:
BMC has by far been the scummiest in my eyes, what with the OMGUS votes and BS, and I haven't seen anything noticably objectionable from anyone else. Deathsword is slightly ahead of the rest, because he wasn't arguing clearly earlier.
Put simply, when someone attacks someone for poor/no reason right after being accused by that person, it looks less like scumhunting and more like defensive scum trying to take pressure off. Of course, that tends to lead to confusion in games like this because (as we've seen) newtown can get nervous and do the same thing. Of course, you could have gotten that from the definition of OMGUS; why are you softballing me?

Spoiler: Whole post for context (click to show/hide)

Still waiting on a response to the above, Chaos Armor. BMC flipped town, and your shoddily concealed bandwagon is looking a hell of a lot more suspicious to me now. What do you have to say for yourself?

Theodolus, you were the other person I saw going after BMC (apart from myself) with something approaching real reasoning; do you think that someone was pushing a bandwagon on him, or was his death more of an inertiawagon? I'm thinking on my own conclusions regarding this, but I'm interesting in seeing what you have to say as well.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 19, 2012, 07:18:09 pm »

Extend

Of the late I have been overtaken by RL and lack of internet leaving me unable to post. Sorry about that.

Deathsword:

My top suspicions currently are Chaos Armor and Fiskav abculatter_2.

The problem with fiskav/abculatter is that whiel fiskav did act somwhat scummy (abculatter even commented on it), abculatter himself hasn't done anything that I could consider scummy.

Chaos Armor, on the other hand, jumped on BMC while he (BMC) and I were accusing each other. While he claimed it was a pressure vote, he kept the vote for the rest of the day without giving any more reasons.

Chaos Armor, did you use BMC's attacks on me (and mine on him) as a convenient excuse to attack him, or did you have any other reasons for that?

He was my RVS vote. That was my first post and when I picked someone at random he is the player that came up. I used that pressure vote from RVS to question him. I continued to use the vote to pressure while I questioned him. See below for my evidence against him as most of you have asked for it.

Spoiler: Evidence (click to show/hide)

FlyingDice:

That constitutes your entire "investigation" into BMC. You pose ONE moderately valid question to him, then use that as an excuse to sit back and sideline ever since, occasionally firing off one-line token questions and responses, hiding yourself behind the claim that you're waiting for his real response, and waving off the one he did give by asking for another response. If you're so damn suspicious of him, why the hell aren't you pushing him!? Ironic, really, considering that one of your one-line responses was stating that the best way to catch scum is to scumhunt.

So. Chaos Armor. I guess I gave you a proper answer after all, borno. Incidentally, why are you so curious about my suspicions, borno? Looking to rifle through peoples' pockets for loose paths of investigation so you can appear to be doing something productive instead of sidelining like Chaos Armor?

Anyhow. BMC is still scummy as all hell to me, and that blackmail he's been throwing around hasn't helped his case. BMC: I'm sure you've at least skimmed the tips (or old games), so why the hell are you trying a last-ditch blackmail attempt? It won't help town stop a mislynch, and it certainly won't help scum like you. You have given me zero reason, in your behavior or response, to think that you're town.

The questions I was going to ask BMC were already asked by another person before me. I saw no reason to ask them again. It would simply be the same answer. I will admit that I could have done a little less sidelining but time and internet restricted me.

Still waiting on a response to the above, Chaos Armor. BMC flipped town, and your shoddily concealed bandwagon is looking a hell of a lot more suspicious to me now. What do you have to say for yourself?

What do I have to say for myself? What I have to say is that I fail to see how being the first person to vote makes it my bandwagon. Unless you are insinuating that Jim gave me a power called the "Jim Bot Fallacy", then I fail to see how it is my bandwagon. You yourself voted for BMC later. So maybe it is you who I should be accusing you of bandwagoning? You explained it away using the same reasons as everyone else.

What do you have to say for yourself, Flying Dice?

Abculatter_2:

The words, the words, oh god, the words... ._. Apparently, I've become bad at reading... And short-term memory...

abculatter_2:  Hi and welcome to the game.  Get to reading and give me your top two scumpicks with reasons why.  Also, what's your mafia experience, if any?

BlackMageChill, mainly because he's been overly accusatory this entire game, then he became overly defensive when questioned, and now he's just giving up in one big hissy-fit.

As for #2... I actually have a few #2s...
Fiskav PPE: OH WHOOPS LOL I'M REPLACING HIM! (Which means next day, I should totally vote myself, because I've obviously now inherited his scumminess! ... Despite the fact that I can now see his alignment!)

Chaos Armor, as Flying Dice's points are very good, and we've yet to hear back from him.

Also, Deathsword acted rather defensively when accused by BMC, and as everyone else has pointed out, his arguments were illogical and panicky.

I know I really should give more reasoning then that, but I'm still trying to find the search function that allows one to search for all posts in a thread by a single user, so I can get some more focused scrutiny on everyone here.

If there is no such search function, I will shit my pants and throw them at the computer screen... Then wonder why the hell I did that, clean up, and proceed to accuse everyone of everything (make a post summarizing everyone's actions, one at a time, then voice my suspicions and questions on them).

If you don't have anything reasonable to post in the current moment, don't post it, and even if this may be meant as a sort of humor, don't. Remember that Mafia is Serious Business, and that Timezones happen.

Sorry... I am going to say this now to everyone that, as you can probably tell, it's hard for me to take things TOO seriously... I can almost promise you that I will likely shove SOME kind of humor into all of my posts, because that's just how I am. I don't do SERIOUS BUSINESS very well...

Could you do a 60(Seriousness) 40(Silliness) ratio?

Why FoS me without making points of your own? In fact, everyone you FoSed you pointed to other peoples explanations instead of giving your own. Why abculatter_2?
Lurking since 2009

Leerooooooooy walk forward twice

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 19, 2012, 07:27:14 pm »

Right, so, let's not lose our headstart.

Now may be a good time to mention a very useful tool: Think's Lurkertracker. You copy the thread URL into the appropriate box, and it spits out every post in the thread divided by poster. This makes it a handy tool for trying to sift through just one person's content.

Theodolus:
IronyOwl
it's strange that you speak about having to be completely active to be able to do anything in this game and then you end up lurking for extended periods of time. I find it suspicious that despite admitting that your vote on death sword would've been better had it been fresher you retained it until you knew that it would do absolutely no good one way or the other because BMC was being inertia-lynched. despite the fact that you have been on frequently you haven't been scum hunting and haven't been doing anything to further town goals.
Also, I hope not summarily lynching you for not answering my questions is what's giving you the idea that ignoring them works.
can you explain exactly what you're trying to say here? I'm a bit confused why you would want him to think ignoring a question works despite the fact that you followed up and said that if he hadn't answered them in a real game you would've lynched him by now.
I've been lazy. I wish there was a better excuse for it, but there isn't.

My vote on Deathsword lasted so long because it wouldn't have been any more useful elsewhere; you'll notice I didn't bother to vote anyone else after I took it off. Most of this is due to laziness again.

The quote was me getting lost in my own sentence. I meant isn't what's giving him the idea, or similar.

As for you, why'd you ignore your gut on BMC and go for the lynch instead? What do you think of your decision now?

abculatter, what about Fiskav was suspicious to you? Why do you think he did those things?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 19, 2012, 09:55:08 pm »

-snip-
You...copied what I was asking to abc.

And anything of a question can be used for scumhunting, if worded correctly.

So basically, Deathsword, you're lacking in trying to scumhunt.

Flying Dice:
Put simply, when someone attacks someone for poor/no reason right after being accused by that person, it looks less like scumhunting and more like defensive scum trying to take pressure off. Of course, that tends to lead to confusion in games like this because (as we've seen) newtown can get nervous and do the same thing. Of course, you could have gotten that from the definition of OMGUS; why are you softballing me?

Why the overreaction? Softballing?

All I wanted to know how was how you saw it, as BMC didn't OMGUS in the first day. His first vote was on Deathsword, who only has an FOS on him back. You accused him of an OMGUS at that time, by the way.

An OMGUS is a term for a vote solely of being voted. Period. A person can attack others based on his own reasoning, it could also be made for pressure. It isn't an OMGUS (though technically) if backed up by good reasons.

Actually, he didn't OMGUS anyone. You were the first to bring up the notion, and somehow others followed in the belief.

abc OMGUS'd BMC, as Fiskav's rep.
BlackMageChill, mainly because he's been overly accusatory this entire game, then he became overly defensive when questioned, and now he's just giving up in one big hissy-fit.

Come to think of it: abculatter_2, what do you see in being overly accusatory in relation to being scum?

Flying Dice, you could use -snip-s to shorten those posts...

And

He was the first person to vote on BMC, on a re-read. An RVS question that stuck because he thought it was worth it.

Why are you accusing him of a bandwagon when he was the first one to vote?
Pointed out by CA.

Why are you mangling the use of OMGUS?

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 19, 2012, 11:23:54 pm »

I forgot I was allowed a Bah! post. Seriously, fuck all of you. ESPECIALLY Chaos Armor.

(If you thought that was serious, you are either thin-skinned or have very narrow vision and didn't see the parenthesizes. No ill will directed at anybody, this was really fun and a good learning experience.)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 20, 2012, 11:14:44 am »

Deathsword: If Fiskav was a top suspect of yours, then why aren't you putting more pressure on abculatter_2 to confirm your suspicions?  Also, just using someone else's question (especially against the same person) is lazy and scummy.  There are many other questions you could have (and should be) asking.  What was your reasoning for FoSing BMC way back in post #72?

Tiruin:  You're replacing in for someone I felt was scum D1.  What's your quick take on the reasons everyone had for voting thier target D1?

Theodolus:  [Generally speaking, RVS-style questions are not necessary D2, and give the idea that you don't have anything to go on.  You want to focus on questions related to this particular game now, not the more generic questions of the RVS phase.]

[General note: Real life stuff happens.  We know.  But, if you can, it's good to either give the other players (and mod) a warning if you know you're going to be gone/busy ahead of time, or at least try to pop on to give a one line "busy, will post in x days/hours" just so we don't think you've been hit by a bus.]

[To demonstrate that you should almost always be able to ask a substantial, game-related question, I'll put one+ out for everyone else that I haven't questioned yet.]

Flying Dice: Why exactly do you feel BMC's vote on Deathsword was an OMGUS?  To me, it looks like the two of them were faffing about at first, Deathsword went paranoid-defensive and WIFOMy (IronyOwl's analysis of his posts around this point is interesting as well), dropped an FoS on BMC for reasons I can't really see, and then BMC voted Deathsword and included reasons for why.  What am I missing?  Also, you stated at some point D1 that Deathsword "hit the top of my list of suspicions" (#83).  What made him fall from the top position?

Chaos Armor: Who do you think had the weakest case on BMC D1 and why?

abculatter_02: You FoSd Chaos Armor and Deathsword D1.  What are your opinions of those players now and why?

Theodolus: Do you feel that BMC's vote on Deathsword was an OMGUS?  What do you think about BMC's arguments about the other players now that you know he was town?

IronyOwl: Why are you such a laz  Why did you unvote Deathsword D1?  Was it just a pressure vote?  Who did you think was scum at the end of D1 and why?

Extend.  We're finally starting to see some life here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 20, 2012, 12:14:53 pm »

First, Extend, we are going to need some more time. Also Unvote Chaos Armor
Shakerag: You may consider this a rather weak reason, but I did state, repeatedly, on D1 that I felt that BMC appeared overly defensive and angry, and that is why I FoS and voted him.

A question for you: How do you feel about the lynch on BMC? Do you believe it was an inertiawagon or something else?
(I am quite sure this question has been asked by somone else and aimed at someone other than you, but I'd like to hear you opinion on this).

Abculatter: What do you think happened during the night? Do you think there is a doctor or that the scum team did not kill on purpose?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 20, 2012, 04:52:12 pm »

[1] Deathsword: Shakerag
[1] Chaos Armor: Flying Dice
[2] abculatter_2: Tiruin, Deathsword

Three votes for an extension and three needed to end the day.

Day has been extended to Friday 9:00 PM MST.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 20, 2012, 04:55:04 pm »

At work and playing catch-up. I'll go over the questions posed and organize a proper post either tonight or tomorrow morning.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 20, 2012, 05:32:08 pm »

Agreed on the Extend. Also, Unvote for the moment.

FlyingDice:

That constitutes your entire "investigation" into BMC. You pose ONE moderately valid question to him, then use that as an excuse to sit back and sideline ever since, occasionally firing off one-line token questions and responses, hiding yourself behind the claim that you're waiting for his real response, and waving off the one he did give by asking for another response. If you're so damn suspicious of him, why the hell aren't you pushing him!? Ironic, really, considering that one of your one-line responses was stating that the best way to catch scum is to scumhunt.

So. Chaos Armor. I guess I gave you a proper answer after all, borno. Incidentally, why are you so curious about my suspicions, borno? Looking to rifle through peoples' pockets for loose paths of investigation so you can appear to be doing something productive instead of sidelining like Chaos Armor?

-snip-

The questions I was going to ask BMC were already asked by another person before me. I saw no reason to ask them again. It would simply be the same answer. I will admit that I could have done a little less sidelining but time and internet restricted me.

What do I have to say for myself? What I have to say is that I fail to see how being the first person to vote makes it my bandwagon. Unless you are insinuating that Jim gave me a power called the "Jim Bot Fallacy", then I fail to see how it is my bandwagon. You yourself voted for BMC later. So maybe it is you who I should be accusing you of bandwagoning? You explained it away using the same reasons as everyone else.

What do you have to say for yourself, Flying Dice?

You appear to be ignoring the point of my question. Namely, both myself and Theodolus posted a number of reasons as to why we were voting for BMC; Deathsword was the one who started that little spat of theirs; you just jumped into it and said

blackmagechill:
Because I've been suspicious of him the whole time, and I'm starting to really be suspicious, mostly because he was saying it's a claim that he's scum, which it isn't by any stretch, and I get irritated as fuck when people bring fallacies into anything, because it usually becomes their only defense after a while.

You say you've been suspicious of him the entire game. How is this possible? You started attacking him for his first post(A perfectly fine post for a BM) and the reason, because he only asked one question. I fail to see how this is scummy. And if you thought him suspicious why didn't you vote him in the first place?
EBWOP:

I forgot to put blackmagechill's name in red.
You made one (relatively) valid point AND THEN COMPLETELY IGNORED HIM. That does not look like you scumhunting, that looks like you dropping a vote on him because he was an easy target.

Also, re bolded:

So what if they've been asked before? Saying that you think someone is scum because of a point someone else made is still better than saying they're scum because "eh"! This smells like you trying to cover your tracks by claiming that you didn't need to scumhunt him because other people already were. BULLSHIT. You should ALWAYS be hunting, but you took the chance to just sit back and say "Meh, he isn't answering my ONE question the way I want him to, so I don't have to do anything." You didn't follow up, you apparently didn't even watch very closely, and you left your vote on him the entire time.

So let's see:
1. An early vote for a little bit of a reason.
2. No further investigation or scumhunting.
3. Target is inertia-lynched.

Does that looks like you starting a bandwagon? HELL YES.

Flying Dice:

Why the overreaction? Softballing?

All I wanted to know how was how you saw it, as BMC didn't OMGUS in the first day. His first vote was on Deathsword, who only has an FOS on him back. You accused him of an OMGUS at that time, by the way.

An OMGUS is a term for a vote solely of being voted. Period. A person can attack others based on his own reasoning, it could also be made for pressure. It isn't an OMGUS (though technically) if backed up by good reasons.

Actually, he didn't OMGUS anyone. You were the first to bring up the notion, and somehow others followed in the belief.

abc OMGUS'd BMC, as Fiskav's rep.

Come to think of it: abculatter_2, what do you see in being overly accusatory in relation to being scum?

Flying Dice, you could use -snip-s to shorten those posts...

And

He was the first person to vote on BMC, on a re-read. An RVS question that stuck because he thought it was worth it.

Why are you accusing him of a bandwagon when he was the first one to vote?
Pointed out by CA.

Why are you mangling the use of OMGUS?

1. Overreaction? You asked me what I saw in an OMGUS that makes someone look scummy, and I gave you an abbreviated answer because a good chunk of it is held in the definition of the term. You asked me a pointless question, and it felt like you were trying to buddy up on me by not pushing me hard. That is a mildly irritating waste of time, as I respond to all questions, even stupid ones. That might be okay in RVS, but we're in D2 with scum to catch and you're faffing around.

2. Please tell me that FoS was for something other than providing detailed quote-evidence. I get rather sick of people referencing posts without including context, and it tends to muddy the waters. Only scum want to create confusion, and providing the full context for an exchange helps remove confusion, as does providing the post number. Why do you want to make people have to waste time digging back through the game to find relevant quotes? Wouldn't that time be better spent scumhunting?

3. I considered BMC's first vote on Deathsword because HE LITERALLY VOTED HIM IN THE VERY NEXT CONTENT POST AFTER BEING FoSED BY HIM. They were pushing each other over stupid crap in RVS; then Chaos Armor voted BMC because he was being a little suspiciousp; then Deathsword FoSed BMC; then BMC voted Deathsword. They had been going at each other for dozens of posts, but BMC only voted Deathsword after he was voted and FoSed, and it looked like a textbook OMGUS to me; voting someone who just pressured/FoSed/Voted you to try and get them to back off.

4. As above, I'm accusing CA of starting a bandwagon because he voted BMC for the little scrap of evidence that typically starts RVS votes and then never followed up. The initial vote might have been reasonable, but conveniently ignoring the investigation and the game until after the lynch isn't.

Between the point where he voted for BMC and the point where BMC was mislynched, CA made ONE post with any sort of content, and his response to BMC was essentially "Lol I'm pressuring you, now answer my question the way I want you to, kthxbai. I never said that CA joined a bandwagon, I said that he was bandwagoning, which in this case meant starting one for little reason and letting it run out of control without bothering to do any more scumhunting. That looks scummy as all hell to me; it says that he didn't care who got lynched as long as someone did. In my case, I held off until I had what I felt was enough evidence to justify a vote; I may be in a less opportune place on the voting chart, but if it is because I bothered to do something approaching a proper investigation, I don't really care.

Do you need anything else clarified?

Flying Dice: Why exactly do you feel BMC's vote on Deathsword was an OMGUS?  To me, it looks like the two of them were faffing about at first, Deathsword went paranoid-defensive and WIFOMy (IronyOwl's analysis of his posts around this point is interesting as well), dropped an FoS on BMC for reasons I can't really see, and then BMC voted Deathsword and included reasons for why.  What am I missing?  Also, you stated at some point D1 that Deathsword "hit the top of my list of suspicions" (#83).  What made him fall from the top position?

See above. He and Deathsword were going at each other for pretty much the entire RVS, but BMC didn't bother voting for Deathsword until he had FoSed him (and drawn an opportunist-voter onto BMC); he also tried to justify it by saying essentially "Oh, yeah, all that stuff earlier makes you look scummy, so have my vote.". He also cast that vote pretty much as soon as he saw the vote and FoS on him, and I felt that he targeted Deathsword because he was the root of the pressure on him.

In hindsight, perhaps it was a more justified vote than I thought it was, but hindsight is always 20/20. I thought that it looked defensive, so I started putting pressure on him [BMC].

For the last: Deathsword was suspicious to me for the same reason that BMC was: It looked to me like he was panicking under pressure.

Spoiler: For reference (click to show/hide)

As for why I solidified on BMC, he looked like he was less certain of himself and more defensive than Deathsword, hence why I chose to vote for him. After the mislynch, I read back over and saw what I took to be CA taking advantage of the skirmishing between BMC and Deathsword to run a train on BMC, which looked more suspicious to me than another panicker in RVS, especially given that I was mistaken about BMC.

Also, sorry about not being on top of that post I promised, but I've had a crappy day, so I really don't feel like slogging through all those words right now...
Got anything for us, abculatter?

3. Run Resize Enable

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 20, 2012, 05:47:51 pm »

Further clarification to Shakerag:

In short, I was pretending to be thinking about changing my vote to see if Deathsword would bend under pressure. He didn't (or at least not enough to draw my vote), therefore I kept pushing BMC. I wanted to see how he would react.

3. Run Resize Enable

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 20, 2012, 11:55:08 pm »

A question for you: How do you feel about the lynch on BMC? Do you believe it was an inertiawagon or something else?
(I am quite sure this question has been asked by somone else and aimed at someone other than you, but I'd like to hear you opinion on this).

Abculatter: What do you think happened during the night? Do you think there is a doctor or that the scum team did not kill on purpose?
What happened to BMC is what has happened in a lot of beginner's games I've seen: he had the misfortune of being the first to screw up.  That's pretty much a guaranteed death sentence in a beginner's game, and often is in other games as well (especially since beginners don't know how to handle all of that early-game attention well).  Hopefully we'll impress upon you all that your first suspicion of the day is not necessarily going to be your last one of the day as well. 

Also:  Did you not read my first post of D2? 

Alsoalso:  What made you switch your vote from Chaos Armor to abculatter_2?  Other than your scumbuddy Tiruin telling you to, of course. 

Flying Dice: Honestly, as of right now, I'm not really seeing Chaos Armor as terribly scummy nor a bandwagon starter.  Looking back at early D1, I see newbie behavior, and I see that he possibly had a good point on BMC's claim of "being suspicious of Deathsword the whole game" ... because the game had been going for all of four hours at that point.  Do you think that's valid in context?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27