Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXXIV: Nine-Life Ninja: GAME OVER, Scum Victory!  (Read 64659 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXXIV: Nine-Life Ninja
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2012, 03:19:14 pm »

Monday or Tuesday, for today or tomorrow, respectively.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2012, 03:28:10 pm »

Well there's pretty much a guaranteed extension on D1 anyway ... Like I said before, if everyone's okay with me largely being absent until Wednesday (I can likely post Thursday/Tuesday nights, and all other in-between days are extremely iffy), then you can count me in. 

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2012, 03:32:10 pm »

I'm fine with it. I'll start making the setup now.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2012, 05:52:18 pm »

The time: 1990
The place: Some kid's house
The location: The memory addresses of a
Ninja Gaiden-loaded NES.

It is a Saturday morning in an average American suburban household, and some kid has woken up to play video games. His choice:
Ninja Gaiden. However, he has chores that must be completed. He protests, when the ultimatum is delivered: He begins his chores when he gets a GAME OVER.

You are the extra lives of Ryu Hayabusa, and you realize that this will happen sooner rather than later without your help due to this kid's amazing... persistence. The nine of you have gathered together to discuss what to do when one of you makes a critical, terrible observation: The extra life counter only reads x7.

There are two among you who actively seek to bring this kid to the GAME OVER screen. You must stop them and keep this kid away from his chores for as long as possible. But there's no time to figure this out beforehand, as the cartridge is loaded, the power button pushed, and the game started.

Level 1 Begins!

Day 1 has begun!

Day 1 will last until Monday 9:00 PM MST.

The OP has been updated with potential role PMs.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXXIV: Nine-Life Ninja: Level 1 Begins!
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2012, 06:08:43 pm »

RVS Time!
TolyK: Any ideas as to who would be scum?
Theoldus: How many games of mafia have you played before?
borno: Can you beat your post record from BYOP mafia this time?

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2012, 06:27:20 pm »

Theoldus: How many games of mafia have you played before?
This is my first game ever!

BMC: What do you think you most need to improve on in mafia games?
FlyingDice: Given a choice would you rather play scum or town?
IronyOwl: What is the most important thing for a mafia player to remember?
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2012, 06:41:57 pm »

So, RVS, here I go...

Chaos Armor: Since you weren't mentioned by those above, what kind of role do you enjoy most?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2012, 07:00:50 pm »

I would rather play town like I am in this game, because I can concentrate on learning to scumhunt rather than trying to hide.

blackmagechill: Who are your initial guesses as potential scum? Why?
Deathsword: What do you find to be the most suspicious in D1? Why?
Shakerag: What do you think the greatest town mistake in BMXXXIII was? Why?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2012, 07:09:18 pm »

BMC: What do you think you most need to improve on in mafia games?
Probably sticking my vote with good evidence instead of someone who strikes me as scummy for no reason.

Deathsword stuck out to me because he seems to have fewer questions, and what looks like less suspicions.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2012, 07:10:01 pm »

*Almost like he knows something about the people we should have suspicion for.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2012, 07:14:37 pm »

I would rather play town like I am in this game, because I can concentrate on learning to scumhunt rather than trying to hide.
Of course, your statement could also be a lie should you be mafia (at least the one where you claim you are town), but I'm not going to go on this due to no evidence at all. At least not for now.

Deathsword: What do you find to be the most suspicious in D1? Why?
I am unsure wheter or not I understand the question, but assuming it's behaviour (spelling?) you are referring to, fallacies would be somewhat suspicious, especially ones where the accused can't defend himself (assuming him, not going to do all that he/she/it stuff) without looking somewhat guilty.

Deathsword stuck out to me because he seems to have fewer questions, and what looks like less suspicions.

I went with him because he wasn't questioned by you, in fact I could say it's suspicious you only mentioned 3 players. I don't expect this to be a compelling argument, but it's still what I am going to say.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2012, 07:29:30 pm »

All I'm saying is, and, granted this is RVS which really doesn't matter, you weren't throwing around as many questions as everyone else, and it seemed like you had relaxed suspicions. Now, maybe it's just me, but if someone isn't suspicious in a game of mafia, then that person probably knows more than everyone else.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2012, 07:37:26 pm »

All I'm saying is, and, granted this is RVS which really doesn't matter, you weren't throwing around as many questions as everyone else, and it seemed like you had relaxed suspicions. Now, maybe it's just me, but if someone isn't suspicious in a game of mafia, then that person probably knows more than everyone else.
Let's assume that I am scum for a moment, wouldn't I try to act non-supiciously? Wouldn't I have asked more question in order to pass as town, throwing random guesses at nearly everyone? From what I know, a scum player would try as hard as they could to look like town, perhaps a bit too hard?

What if my single question was a result of paranoia, of fear that someone might use such questions against me, not unlike you are doing now?

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2012, 07:44:28 pm »

I meant suspicious of other people, that was minor screw-up in phrasing on my part. If you were town, you wouldn't have much to fear in questioning, now would you? After all, you wouldn't have anything to hide, and thus wouldn't have any reason to fear. This is beginner's mafia. The scum are beginners too, and, probably aren't experienced enough in RVS to try too hard to appear as town. It'd be rare to find a scum player working that hard to look town in beginner's.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2012, 07:48:02 pm »

Yes I am aware that this is begginer's mafia, I seem to have been somewhat affected by reading some of the previous ones, especially ones where scum did exactly what I described.

I'd still like my question answered anyway.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27