Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Mass effect 1>2  (Read 4017 times)

revo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mass effect 1>2
« on: May 28, 2012, 09:15:44 pm »

So, here's the sitch...when i played ME1 i had not connected my xbox to live ever. When i finally did connect to live, i started a new profile and played off of that. Now i have finally got ME2 (but i sold 1) and i want my old save from the non-live account on my live account ( the default game on me2 has a bunch of crappy choices made for you) is their a way i can do this? or should i just go play on my non-live account?

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
Re: Mass effect 1>2
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 09:19:32 pm »

I've never had to do it myself but I think there's something you can do with a thumbdrive? I have no idea how you'd go about this though. Maybe you could try fiddling with those cloud saves they have now?

TBH I imagine you're going to be in for a pain in the ass. I can understand your predicament though, the way the ME games work if you don't import a save is fucking ridiculous.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 09:23:11 pm »

I've never had to do it myself but I think there's something you can do with a thumbdrive? I have no idea how you'd go about this though. Maybe you could try fiddling with those cloud saves they have now?

TBH I imagine you're going to be in for a pain in the ass. I can understand your predicament though, the way the ME games work if you don't import a save is fucking ridiculous.
Actually 2 can build up the story and your actions if you have that one DLC

revo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 09:28:59 pm »

yea but it's not MY mass effect it's one the developers chose for me and that's not how i see mass effect

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 09:34:07 pm »

yea but it's not MY mass effect it's one the developers chose for me and that's not how i see mass effect
Genius, You get to pick which action you want at each event. You can choose from either blowing up ashley or kaiden, Kill Wrex someone kill wrex or save wrex, save the queen or not YOU GET TO PICK FOR EACH EVENT EVEN THE LOVEPATH

revo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 09:41:26 pm »

oh really? this didn't happen when i started a new character maybe i hit something wrong. still, their is no reason to get  angry and cap-scream at me

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 09:48:39 pm »

The problem is you don't actually get to do that. Unless you have the mass effect genesis digital comic, and most people without PS3s wont have it. And it doesn't let you choose the smaller sidequests, and some of those are rather significant for ME3.

If you wanna move saves around you need something to put them on for the transfer. I don't know the exact process.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 09:58:27 pm »

The problem is you don't actually get to do that. Unless you have the mass effect genesis digital comic, and most people without PS3s wont have it. And it doesn't let you choose the smaller sidequests, and some of those are rather significant for ME3.

If you wanna move saves around you need something to put them on for the transfer. I don't know the exact process.
Meh i dunno, i compared different saves from a ME1 import and a Genesis start and i really couldn't see a difference. Note i didn't had time to check ME3 since Origin is ticking me off and i sold off my ps3 weeks ago but finished the game.

I know for ME2 you get to pick the path of the original save path, check your documents for savefiles from EA there should be one for ME1 in there, check your APPDATA folder if its not on your documents folder. Thats what i had to do on windows 7 with a ME2 steam install.

revo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 10:00:00 pm »

it's xbox bud i don't have a documents folder

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2012, 10:03:07 pm »

it's xbox bud i don't have a documents folder
/headdesk

didn't read that part, yea what Janet said. Get a flash drive, log into the nonlive account and save it to the drive, then log into the live account and transfer there.
xbox360, the only console i never owned.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2012, 10:06:10 pm »

Then why are you giving advice when he clearly refrences Xbox-live several times in the opening post? .V

Looking it up further it might just not be something you can do. You might wanna just load up the live account to get any DLC you have loaded installed and then play on the non-live account. You can still use live downloaded content on local accounts if I recall, just not play multiplayer or do anything else with live. Might be a problem if you move to ME3 and wanna multiplayer but it should work otherwise.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2012, 10:09:02 pm »

Then why are you giving advice when he clearly refrences Xbox-live several times in the opening post? .V
I didn't read the xbox part up top .___.

And even if i didn't own one i do alot of work for them via saves, hacks, transfers, repairs, and destroying so i do know enough just i don't have my own to tinker with :P

Edit: also did you tried going into the other profile to the save when ask to import it?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 10:17:58 pm by Tellemurius »

revo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2012, 10:47:08 pm »

I'm not sure what you mean... but the answer is probably yes. i've tried just about everything i can do

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2012, 11:00:31 pm »

Out of curiosity I did a quick google and found this:

1) Plug in the thumbdrive to the xbox360, turn on the console.
2) Log into the profile that has the game you want to transfer.
3) Copy the game(s) (through the system settings, memory, harddrive, games, skyrim, select the game, copy) to the thumbdrive.
4) Log into the profile that you want to copy the game TO.
5) From this profile, either copy a game (owned by this profile) to the thumbdrive, or start up skyrim and save a new game under this profile to the thumbdrive.
6) Turn off the console.
7) On the PC, download Modio ( http://www.game-tuts.com/community/modio.php ). Run it.
8) Plug in the thumbdrive from the xbox into your PC
9) In MOdio, click the "Explore a device"
10) IN the new window, there should be at least two directories that have a series of letters and numbers (something like E5234AF3234). These are the profile ID's. FIgure out which one is the profile you are copying from, and which is the one you are copying to (I used the names of the saved game files inside the directories to figure out which was which). Write down the profile ID for the profile you are copying the game to.
11) In the old profile, find the game file that you want to copy.
11) Right click on the file and click the "Open In Resigner".
12) Change the ProfileID to the profile id of the profile that you want to copy to.
13) Click the "Rehash and resign" button.
14) Memory is a little foggy, but there should be a "Save to device" or something similiar button. CLick it. It should show you a list of the profile ID's on the thumbdrive. Select the profile you want to copy the game to.
15) CLose the drive (File menu, "OPen/CLose drive")
16) Eject the thumbdrive, stick it back into your xbox.

Now if you turn on the console, go to system settings, memory, thumbdrive, games, skyrim, you should see the saved game with the new profile as the owner. You can either copy that to the harddrive, or just play the game off your thumbdrive.

From this I'd assume you can't just normally transfer saves between profiles? But I guess you can edit the profile stuff on your pc if you really wanna do it. It looks like the cloud storage thing will only work for transferring saves across consoles with the same profile on both, so that's a no go.

And even if i didn't own one i do alot of work for them via saves, hacks, transfers, repairs, and destroying so i do know enough just i don't have my own to tinker with :P

Edit: also did you tried going into the other profile to the save when ask to import it?

So you didn't read the guys post, don't know what he's talking about, were kind of insulting and abrasive for no reason, and offer advice for something which you are completely unfamiliar with.

Genius indeed.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2012, 11:01:41 pm »

So you didn't read the guys post, don't know what he's talking about, were kind of insulting and abrasive for no reason, and offer advice for something which you are completely unfamiliar with.

Genius indeed.
reread that one too :P
Pages: [1] 2