Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33

Author Topic: Keeping Up With Bay12: A Freeform Role-Play  (Read 20933 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Keeping Up With Bay12: A Freeform Role-Play
« Reply #435 on: June 12, 2012, 07:31:06 pm »

"...wha"
It's FEF, not FEOF

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 12, 2012, 07:33:34 pm »

"It means I can just jump into a pool of Howard's mates and just grab em."

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 12, 2012, 07:34:16 pm »

"Ah. My plan was to just attach a steak to a fishing pole and cast it into the subbasement. But that works too."
It's FEF, not FEOF

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 12, 2012, 08:15:31 pm »

Exo steps back into the lobby, holding a brown paper bag. "I was just tidying up the room. It seems whatever was here before left a few things stuck in the wall, as I accidentally broke a hole in it for reasons not to be disclosed." He takes a quick look into the bag. "I found an empty tube of toothpaste, an old magazine from twenty years ago complaining about how elephants might be extinct by twelve years ago, some funky orange mold..." he shakes the bag a little bit. "And what appears to be a rat of the dead variety." He pauses a little bit. "Wait, that may be a third ear. Not sure, probably just an old flake of drywall. Or not. I'm not touching it." He places the paper bag on the closest chair. "Whoever wants it is free to take it." Nonchalantly, he turns back and waltzes back to his living space.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 12, 2012, 08:38:15 pm »

A dark shadow ran through the streets of Moscow
"What the hell was that?"
"I dunno man. I don't care either. We need to get just over there."
"Yeah, you're right, I guess."
Behind them, the figure grinned. The city was generous.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 12, 2012, 10:57:24 pm »

Doom's phone started to buzz, alerting him. He answered it, putting it up to his ear. "So, you need me to investigate this building in Moscow? ... It's an apartment building? ... What's the address? ... Hey- I live there. ... You just tell your guys not to worry. I'll look into this 'sub-basement' thing for you. It'll be twice the usual fee, though. ... Ok then, it's a deal." Closing the phone and putting it back in his pocket, he walks over Fniff and sits down in front of him. "So, Fniff, what's this 'sub-basement' thing you guys keep talking about? I have one of the extraterrestrial contact management organizations asking me to 'look into it', and they're paying me, so could you help me out here?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 13, 2012, 05:14:41 am »

"Uhm, well... It's sort of a corruptive force that no-one really has a clue where it came from?"

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 13, 2012, 07:08:04 am »

"Didn't it come from that thing with the wizards?"
It's FEF, not FEOF

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 13, 2012, 02:19:31 pm »

Good to see this game is still going kinda.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 13, 2012, 02:22:05 pm »

"So, you're saying that it doesn't really exist so much as it's a force? I'm confused."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 13, 2012, 02:59:23 pm »

"Okay so there were these wizards...   uh I'm not sure how many of them were there, thirteen maybe? But they were trying to create a paradise. An everlasting utopia composed of all the good in the world. So they all gathered together in one spot and together cast a spell that would make their thoughts into reality.

The plan was that they would all in unison, think about all the good and holy things that they could think of, and pour it into the site they had chosen. However, there was a slight problem. You see, one of the wizards was evil. Corrupted by some unknown force, he instead focuses his mind into producing all the worlds evil. And as it turns out, one bad ingredient spoils the dish or something like that.

At first the place looked okay, so pretty much everyone in the surrounding countries moved there their. Or at least tried to visit in a pilgrimage. But then, after they enter, they came out. Once the paradise had reached maximum capacity, the corruption spread. It consumed the entire place, nothing was left untouched, turning it into a labyrinth of darkness. Then it got worse.

It just so happened that there were a few passing multidimensional universe hopping eldricht abominations nearbye when the event happened, and somehow they all got pulled in and bound to the labyrinth. I know that one of them got fused with one of the wizards, turning him into a insane incredibly powerful monster. But anyways, this granted the labyrinth's outer layers the strange property which caused them to be made out of constantly changing rooms that were pulled in from various locations across time space and dimensions.

Also somewhere along the way, it obtained some sort of hivemind sentience. Nobodies quite sure of what it's true nature is now, as overtime the distortion grew and the corruption continues to grow stronger.

As for the people inside...   the less said about what happened to them, the better. Kaladar was one of the wizards who helped create the basement, and the only person who managed to avoid being corrupted by the subbasement's power.

So yeah, that's the story. I'm surprised you forgot it Fniff, you were the one who told me it after all."
It's FEF, not FEOF

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #446 on: June 13, 2012, 03:52:57 pm »

"Multidimensional abominations, huh? I sure wouldn't like to see-" Alex somehow manages to trip and roll forwards. And he keeps on rolling... right into the down stairs. "Ow, shit, feck, goddamnit why are there so many stairs! Ouch, there goes my knee! Whoa, I-mmpfh!" Alex had unwittingly faceplanted into the sub-basment. He gripped his guitar tightly, almost in fear, and strummed to create a light. There was an angry looking abomination in his face.

Panic set in first, and out of desperation, Alex bashed the monster's... face? With the head of his guitar. The monser flinched as Alex started playing an uptempo rhythem to keep the light going and backing away towards the stairs. An angry cthullu-like charged for a foot but met a steel-toe cap-Alex forggot to change out of his !!SCIENCE!! shoes, not that he was complaining given the situation. Alex was now unwittingly playing a solo from Black Widow of La Porte, which he would have found somewhat ironic in any other scenario. The monster made a final charge, and Alex, thinking on his feet, gripped the neck two-hands  and swung it like a bat.

From above in the safety of the lobby, a large TWANG could be heard. A few minutes later, a bruised and green-blood-covered Alex emerged from downstairs, the best part of the abomination's head stuck to a stringless guitar. "I think I'm going to have a shower now..."
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 13, 2012, 03:54:19 pm »

Furtuka snatched the head bits off of the guitar as Alex walked past

"I'll take that"
It's FEF, not FEOF

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #448 on: June 13, 2012, 03:57:55 pm »

"Do you want all of the blood as well?"
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 13, 2012, 03:58:55 pm »

"Sure"
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33