Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33

Author Topic: Keeping Up With Bay12: A Freeform Role-Play  (Read 20958 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Keeping Up With Bay12: A Freeform Role-Play
« Reply #180 on: May 30, 2012, 02:44:09 pm »

Dice rubbed his eyes as he picked himself off of the floor. He lifted a duffel bag and staggered towards the bedroom, yawning widely. As he entered, he noticed something strange resting on a battered table in the corner. It appeared to be some sort of detailed diorama; a glass sphere nearly a meter in diameter, about half-full with water, and with an island rising from the center, capped with a number of Grecoroman-styled buildings, tiny palm trees and ferns scattered about. He shrugged and dumped the back next to the futon, retrieving his wallet and an electric kettle from it.

He slipped through his outer door and walked downstairs into the kitchen area, fishing a teabag from one of the pockets of his jacket. He let the tap run for a moment, then filled the kettle about a third of the way. He turned it on and went back upstairs, returning a few moments later with a large, chipped mug. As Dice waited, he dug out a battered old paperback from another pocket, a copy of The Cat Who Walks Through Walls, and thumbed through until he reached a scrap of paper, continuing where he had left off two nights before.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 30, 2012, 02:57:02 pm »

Jim returned to Phantom's room, finding it oddly empty. Shrugging he got right to work installing the new door, working deftly.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 30, 2012, 03:26:55 pm »

On the streets of Moscow a pickup truck drove along. Or at least it appeared to be a pickup truck. If one were to look closely they would notice that it seemed unusually light, and had a few oddly placed seems running over it. Driving the truck was a young man wearing a green polo shirt and jeans, happily humming various TV show theme songs to himself. The car drove up to the Bay12 apartments and came to a stop in the parking lot. Furtuka, (for that is who he was) got out of the driver's seat and and looked up at the building looming in front of him. 

"It's good to see the place again. ...since when was it in Moscow?" he said. Shrugging, he walked to the back of the truck and grabbed a an oblong object tightly wrapped in rags and slung it under his arm. Still humming, he then walked into the building and entered the lobby.

"Hey guys, hows the place held up since I left?"

It's FEF, not FEOF

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #183 on: May 30, 2012, 03:30:57 pm »

"Uh, it seems to be upright. I'm Alex, by the way. Nice to meet you" Alex offered as a somewhat uninformative response.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 30, 2012, 05:20:10 pm »

Spinals back snapped straight, and his face shifted, the grim face lightening up. With a  strong, masculine voice, he said "Oh, I'm here for a house. I'm looking for opportunities to help people, because that's what my parents taught me."  He confidently strode to the registration desk, and asked for room F-600.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 30, 2012, 05:35:51 pm »

The hiss of steam snapped Dice out of his singleminded focus on the paperback. By which I mean he absentmindedly reached up with a free hand to tip the kettle slightly, pouring a stream of boiling water into the mug. He dropped it suddenly, wincing as droplets splashed onto his arm, as his hand darted to catch the string of the teabag before it sunk into the water entirely. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw movement.

"...'ello."

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 30, 2012, 08:43:50 pm »

Furtuka shook Alex's hand. "Pleasure to meet you Alex. I'm Furtuka, previous owner of this establishment prior to handing it over to Fniff and Jim. Speaking of which, could you tell me where they are right now?"
It's FEF, not FEOF

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #187 on: May 31, 2012, 12:39:41 am »

"FURTUKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" the yell comes from Shadenight, as he turns to see someone with whom he already had previous...experiences.
"How're you doing you good old chap!?" beaming with a grin, the man in the tuxedo moves towards the other man.
While he's at it, he grabs his newly bought cellphone, to send the message to the boogeymens that yes, they can start bringing the transfer stuff.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #188 on: May 31, 2012, 01:58:27 am »

"Whoa, careful! This guitar is expensive! Ok, maybe it isn't but I like it. Uhhh.... Fniff is right *there* (As Alex gestures to Fniff) and I have no idea who Jim is so yeah."
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 31, 2012, 06:46:31 am »

"Hey there Shade! It's been too long. I've missed this place. How's the world domination plans coming alone?"
It's FEF, not FEOF

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #190 on: May 31, 2012, 07:55:13 am »

"World domination? ME? You were always joking alright!" as he grins happily, he takes out a set of notes that just so casually get torn in pieces and then burned with speed by a lighter.
"Why would little poor human me do such a thing? I mean...sure, I bargain in souls, but it's an honest and honorable line of work!"
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 31, 2012, 04:33:31 pm »

((Talking to Shade))

"Really? Huh, could have sworn that-    nevermind. I'll talk to you later."

Furtuka walked over to the desk where Fniff was and waved a hand in his face

"Oi Fniff! How's it going?"
It's FEF, not FEOF

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 31, 2012, 04:36:59 pm »

Spinal walks up to Fniff. "Hello! If you wouldn't mind, I would like to purchase room F-600."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 31, 2012, 06:38:07 pm »

Doom walks downstairs into the lobby, fresh from his break. "Ah, hello there. A new tenant."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 31, 2012, 07:01:25 pm »

Hello there mister Fniff, I would like to purchase room D4.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33