Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33

Author Topic: Keeping Up With Bay12: A Freeform Role-Play  (Read 20926 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Keeping Up With Bay12: A Freeform Role-Play
« on: May 28, 2012, 07:21:27 pm »

In a city named Moscow, in the year 2012, there is a abandoned research institute named Zaliv 12. It was set up by the USSR to study the effects of a strange entity underneath the ground on which the building was constructed. In 1991, it was abandoned and all documents on the studies burnt by KGB agents. It was officially the last order of Gorbachev before stepping down. Now, in the New Russia, it has been revived by an Irish scientist named Dr Fniff Ulysess Aelis and an American named James Wilberton, AKA Jim. After renovations, it is now fully remade as an apartment building, and whatever documents left were carefully hidden in safes. Now, it is named Bay 12 Apartments.

The date is December Fifth, 2012. The weather is snowy. And from this point on, many lives will be changed forever.

Fniff drank a bottle of coke as he leaned against the wall outside the apartment. He was wearing a black parka with the hood up and warm trousers. The weather was rather grim, but his mood was chipper. And now all he had to wait for was for the new residents of the apartment to come by.

The apartments were arranged in numbers and letters. Fniff lived in the basement on the first room, so his room was A1. Due to... strangeness... It seemed like the apartments were infinite, even though the building looked like it only had five stories. It was odd, but he could deal with odd. He shivered, even under five layers. Moscow was cold!

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
Re: Keeping Up With Bay12: A Freeform Role-Play
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 07:22:51 pm »

Reserved for mod stuffs

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 08:00:31 pm »

Fool walked up to the apartment with a backpack on his back. Weapons lined the sides of the bag. Knives, sai, tonfas, swords and a naginata hung loosely from the oversided hiking bag. His hair was a dark brown, he had glasses with a cross shaped pattern on the side, and he wore a blue dress shirt, a black vest, and a bright white floral patterned tie. A large uniquely shaped knife was at his side. He waved at Fniff who was leaning against a wall.

"This is the Bay 12 apartments right?"

((I actually dress like that regularly and I have all of those weapons. :D))

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 08:02:28 pm »

An unremarkable man wearing a brown jacket approaches. He's a mostly normal-looking person, average height, and brown hair and eyes. Glancing at the man beside him, he remarks, "And I might ask the same question." He wears a medium-sized backpack.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 08:03:34 pm »

A tall gentleman came walking down the street, a newspaper clipping in one hand and a broken bottle in the other. He barged past Fool, then walked right up to Fniff's face, yelling "Oi! You! These the new 'partments openin' up, yeh? Well I's needin' a room for some... things. You don't got any nosy folks pokin' rounds, does ya?" At this point, everyone realizes the man is quite obviously drunk.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 08:07:34 pm »

A man garbed in a black jacket with graying stubble and a couple of elongated bags walks up the path, and pushes past the people. Turning to the man at the entrance for a moment, he gives a nod of recognition.

"Fniff. How goes everything?"

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 08:09:18 pm »

"Oi, y'git! I was tali- tal- I WAS SPEAKING TO THIS GUY FIRST!"
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 08:09:52 pm »

Despite the bombarment of questions, Fniff smiled and politely nodded, doing his best to seem like a proper landlord.

"Well, we have basically infinite vacancies, so all you need to do is pick a random number and letter, sign a contract, pay me 200 quid and hey presto, a lovely apartment you have!"

Fniff looked at Jim and said in Russian "We're in the money!"

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 08:11:12 pm »

Jim offers one hand for a celebratory handshake. "I'll be on the bottom floor, just past the lounge. 1B."

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2012, 08:14:03 pm »

"Oikay, 'ere." The man hands Fniff a wad of paper, consisting of bits of money, coupons, business cards, hamburger wrappers, and the math tests of someone named Louie. "Jus'... take whatcher need out'f the stack. On second though', jus' take th' stack. That'll be m'rent for the next... time. Yesh. Time. Time's a funny thing, innit, where it jus' keeps goin' while everythin' around it jus' keeps changin'..." The man then proceeds on a drunken rant about chronology before passing out on the sidewalk.

edit: removed a rogue C
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 08:18:48 pm by TherosPherae »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2012, 08:18:02 pm »

Fniff shakes his hand. "This is my co-landlord, Jim. If I'm not around, ask him anythi--" Fniff says in English, but looks at the man. "Er. Jim, mind carrying him to a room? Any will do." Fniff then searches through the twisted wad, dredging up 199 euro.

"Does anyone wish to trade a euro for a free chicken at Kommisar's Diner?"

OscarComrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2012, 08:19:34 pm »

On the other side of the street, an otherwise unconcerned Oscar Gafarov listened in on the commotion occurring around the building he was sure was supposed to be abandoned. He dusted off his dark red trenchcoat, put down his vodka, and went in to investigate the situation.
"WHAT IN HELL IS ALL OF NOISE YOU WESTERN DOGS MAKE ME LEAVE VODKA FOR?"

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2012, 08:21:52 pm »

Fniff skillfully defuses a situation that could end with him stabbed.

"Want an apartment for 100 euro? 50% off!"

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2012, 08:22:48 pm »

Jim lifts the drunk up over his shoulder, and turns to the yelling Russian.

"Chill the fuck out, guy, no need to yell."

Jim goes inside, very ready to finally unload his things in his residence. He drops the drunk on a couch in the lounge.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2012, 08:23:14 pm »

"Done. Here. You can call me Fool." The rather formally dressed man handed Fniff 100 quid despite it not being the standard Russian currency. "I'll take 1D. If anyone needs some art done just send them my way. I might be too busy, but it's worth a shot." With that he walked into the building, proceeding to his room down the first hallway.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33