Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Friendly" Migrants?  (Read 1674 times)

SkyShadowing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"Friendly" Migrants?
« on: May 28, 2012, 01:42:49 pm »

I just got a family of migrants who appeared with the @ symbol. They're listed as 'Friendly' in the Units screen, and they appear to be more useless than the average migrant.

Any reason why this could be? Is it a bug? Is it game-breaking? Should I amputate?

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: "Friendly" Migrants?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 01:44:42 pm »

DFhack tweak fixmigrant should take care of that.
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 04:20:45 pm »

They used to be caravan merchants. When they decided to join your fortress, they forgot to stop being merchants.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

dbay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 11:34:38 pm »

I got this once or twice, but only in worlds that I'd played adventurer mode in, first. My theory is that anyone I spoke to in adventurer mode got stuck as a 'friendly.'

They're really useful, though. They trigger ambushers, they all carry knives and things, and they don't eat drink or sleep. They just sort of... loiter.

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 02:31:41 am »

Never played Adventure mode and I've gotten it before so I don't think it's related unless it's a newer version of the bug.
Quote from: Gerottomo on May 03, 2012, 04:34:11 pm
That should be a new type of project, making a rug design in dwarf fortress (With accurate coloring)
"And so, after many deaths and much sacrifice, someone turned their fortress into a fully functioning self aware carpet that actively sought after sources of fresh blood."

The Giant Bat who decided an axe made a better weapon than claws:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108229.30

Niyazov

• Bay Watcher
  • shovel them under and let me work - I am the grass
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 05:42:53 am »

They used to be caravan merchants. When they decided to join your fortress, they forgot to stop being merchants.

Listen to Quietust.

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 05:46:56 am »

Listen to Quietust.

Quietust is the closest thing we have to a prophet of Armok, surely.
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 07:37:03 am »

I have this with my FIRST ever migrant wave.

I need dfhack updated to even start playing this world properly.

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 08:30:19 am »

Yup, I also didn't upgrade.