Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Big Trouble in Little Guinea Pig Village: Closed.  (Read 16265 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Big Trouble in Little Guinea Pig Village: Week One Part Two
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2012, 02:25:10 pm »

Guineass, although he's now frightened by the speedoes, walks over to Sheb in his time of pain. The others are scouts and singers, but his job is keeping the team together.

"Sheb, you can't die here. Our team needs you. Without your additional speedomancy, we might as well be nothing. Is there anything I can do for you? If so, I will do it for you to the best of my abilities."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2012, 02:35:14 pm »

I have added a spoilered section of each guinea pig's actions and the results, separate from the main block of narrative text. This is to make clear who has done what, seeing as how I have not followed a clear cut quoted action/written result format. I have various reasons for writing the turns (so far) as I am, but obviously don't want the style to effect the comprehensibility or playability for anyone.

Please, if anything is not clear, or if you have any feedback, let me know.

Also, feel free to RP amongst yourselves, or something. This is your Guinea Pig Village, after all, and a Guinea Pig Village is not formed of its buildings (although you will need to build some), but of its guinea pigs!

« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 02:36:52 pm by lawastooshort »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2012, 03:41:20 pm »

"Still alive Sheb? I am not surprised. A gut injury is a long and terrible way to die. Still, if you've lived this long I see no reason why you should not continue to do so. Unless it becomes infected..."

Scout along the river, up towards the railway station.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2012, 08:38:54 pm »

Very creative forum game and writing. I'll be following these Speedo related shenanigans.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2012, 08:52:30 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2012, 05:55:41 am »

Why does everyone seems not to care about me spilling my guts? :/

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2012, 06:00:07 am »

Was wondering about that. Several people are taking notice now, but it's kind of odd for you to have been gutted, and then have everyone just sort of go about their daily business. Maybe they figure they're not medical guinea pigs so there's nothing they can do.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2012, 07:45:05 am »

We have a -2 penalty do you want to lose your guts entirely?
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2012, 08:29:39 am »

Tiko goes and collects some of the Grass from the recently located spot...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2012, 10:21:27 am »

Partly because we just arrived in Speedograd and have a ton of stuff to do, and partly because we all suck at healing and will probably get you killed.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2012, 11:54:50 am »

Well, healing me on the first turn would mean I'd still have 4 HP to absorb any failure.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Big Trouble in Little Guinea Pig Village: Week Two
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2012, 04:31:04 pm »

Week Two

Tiko was confused. It was only yesterday that Bohdan and he had discovered the fresh grass. He was sure they hadn’t eaten all of it, but he’d paced backwards and forwards amongst the ruins to the west of the guinea pigs’ new burrow for most of the morning. He hadn’t even picked up the merest waft of grass. He wondered what to do. He knew he would have felt surer if Bohdan had been with him; the hardy plainsman was a reassuring and confident presence. Tiko trusted him instinctively. The way he sniffed the ground, the way he had always seemed to know what to do on the long journey north, the way his strong thighs shifted beneath his spiky hair as he marched. He decided he’d carry on. Perhaps the grass patch was nearer to the grain elevator than he remembered. He had never really had much of a head for this kind of thing; his mind usually too busy on flights of fancy and wanderings of words as whistles and squeaks filled his daydreaming ears.

He headed over to where they had run into Cutey the day before.

…   …   …   …   …   ..

Perhaps he’d been a little short with the rambling Speedomancer, Bohdan told himself as he took in the majesty of the River Volga. As much as he appreciated a clear route to follow, he worried about becoming trapped up against the river’s edge. He was a good swimmer, but he knew the dangers of such vast waters.

No, he decided. He’d just been plain and clear with the facts. If they managed to do something for him soon then McSheb wasn’t going to die, just suffer, and what else was life? Suffering. Endless marching, the hammering of the sun, perhaps one day in two grass as green as you’d hoped for. Suffering.

He turned and carried on walking to the north. He enjoyed the freedom of walking on his own.

…   …   …   …   …   ..

"Sheb,” whispered Guineass, nudging the wounded Speedomancer back to consciousness. “You can't die here. Our team needs you. We all need you. Without your additional Speedomancy, we might as well be nothing. Is there anything I can do for you? If so, I will do it for you to the best of my abilities."

“Guineass?” came the faint reply. “Guineass? Is that you? But… but I thought I saw you on the eastern hilltops… dusted with snow, up above the grassline, fleeing, silent in the distance… there were the figures in the dark, Snatchers, mother warned me… And then…”

“Sheb. It was just a dream. You were dreaming, you’ve been delirious for days. Tell me, what do we need to do to help you?”

“A Speedo, Guineass. I saw a Speedo. I need a Speedo. The White Speedo.”

With a deep drawing in of breath, Guineass the Record-keeper turned and left.

…   …   …   …   …   …

Cutey circled round several times. There was no one else near, not that he could see. He couldn't tell by sniffing the air as a guinea pig might; his nostrils were deeply drinking in the heady rich smell of the trough of used Speedos he'd found the day before. Surely he could risk just a little wallow? Surely he could rub the length of his back just one time against the stained and fetid fabric?

After all, it wasn't a sin if no one saw him.

…   …   …   …   …   …

The alien scent that had made his fur bristle the day before was back. Bohdan stopped, still, not afraid to let his terror take over now he had no comrades to see his hairs stand on end.
…   …   …   …   …   …

Having, like, been totally into helping animals for what seemed like dozens of guinea pig years, Scurryshy was surprised, once he left on the expedition north, to realise that his natural calling was gathering. He found a deep natural purr welling up inside his body as he picked up blades of grass, twigs, straw... His favourite was fresh fruit and cabbage leaves, but he wasn't expecting anything like that in this grey and dismal place. No. Instead he looked for anything that would give a bit of variety from the weeks old straw that the guinea pigs had brought with them. He was very pleased with the old carrot he noticed hiding under a small length of twisted metal. He chewed a little and dragged the rest back to the grain elevator. He was sure it would be a welcome find.

…   …   …   …   …   …

Tiko's ears suddenly leapt up. Something was coming his way. He ducked through the nearby hole in the wall he was following, ready to panic.

“Ohshitohshitohshit,” he whimpered to himself. “It's the Speedos... They're just round the corner... they're coming for me... they want to punish me for saving Cutey... Oh Guinya save me...”

Suddenly there was a piercing scream. Urinating as he fled, Tiko bolted back through the hole, steaming towards where he thought safety lay. He ran headlong into a brick.

…   …   …   …   …   …   

“Tiko! Tiko! Flee for your lives!” screamed the onrushing Bohdan. “Oh Guinea Guinea Guinea oh Christ oh shit!”

Tiko was dumbfounded by fear and concussion and couldn't understand what the strange-accented scout was yelling; he could only grasp the terror and the need to get out of there. He stared mutely for a second and then understood.

“Oh Guinya save us,” he gibbered into his beard. “A rabid dog.” He turned and ran.

…   …   …   …   …   …

”It's... it's not very white any more. I'm sorry. And it's got a little tear in the right buttock,” muttered Cutey. “I hope you can use it all the same?”

“Oh, Cutey,” McSheb breathed. “It's perfect! For all but the mightiest acts of Speedomancy, a Speedo is a Speedo, as my uncle used to say. Thank you.” The colour seemed to flood back to his cheeks as he took in the scent of the Speedo. He took it between his dinky little claws and held it up to his twitching nose. He inhaled deeply. Although he was still bleeding, he felt better on touching the glorious stretchy material. He needed to get to work.

Sheb got to his feet. He had just enough energy to perform the strange little circular dance he liked to start his ceremonies with, and he placed the Speedo carefully on the floor before prancing round it several times. Scurryshy stared at him with a strange air, perhaps of repulsion; Cutey was looking on with what could only be envy. Sheb looked up and motioned them away with his eyes. He didn't really want anyone to see what was coming next. He didn't really have a choice.

To a novice's eyes it looked disgusting. It looked like the foulest act of perversion imaginable, McSheb rolling his clotted bloody guts upon the stained fabric of the used communist Speedo, stretching and purring in pleasure and excitement, gnawing upon the thickest parts where the elastic still held strong, turning and turning with ever greater speed over the blasphemed floor, darting this way and that and then finally standing on his two hind legs, high up in the air with the all but fully discharged Speedo held out before him. A glaze was in his eye and there was no trace of entrails protruding from his seemingly glossier body. Indeed, his fur looked to have taken on the sheen of finely coloured nylon.

Suddenly the solemn atmosphere of startled amazement was shattered. There was a horrifying screaming wail coming in from the north; seconds later Bohdan and Tiko burst through the entry hole weeping with terror. One of them trailed blood across the unclean floor.

“A d- a d- a do-”

“A what?” calmly interrupted McSheb.

“A dog!”

…   …   …   …   …   …

Guineass the Record-keeper? Pfah! Guineass the Master Speedo-Gatherer! He ran back as fast as he could towards the grain elevator the guinea pigs had occupied, not daring to waste another minute now that he held McSheb's cure between his teeth. He bit down hard, the left leg hole of the clear white Speedo looped over his neck and comfortably out of the way as he galloped over broken brick and shattered concrete. Thoughts flashed through his mind as he ran: redemption, repulsion, a peculiar and taboo delight; he also marvelled at the skill of the Speedo-gatherer. He had thought that Speedo-gathering was just a mental skill, an ability to resist the disgust and temptation and the raw power inherent in the putrid elastic. But no! It was a practical skill. It wasn't easy, carrying a Speedo, for a guinea pig.

He skidded to a sudden and dusty halt as the burrow came into view.

A dog stalked the entry hole, saliva dripping from his hideous pointed teeth.

…   …   …   …   …   …

Spoiler: Sheb; Sheb McSheb (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: SoHowAreYou; Cutey (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Neyvn; Tiko (click to show/hide)

Units of Food: 184
Speedos: 0
Known Locations: Patch of Grass (1), Patch of Used Speedos (2)
Constructions: None
Time: Beginning of the second week.
Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Big Trouble in Little Guinea Pig Village: Week Two
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2012, 04:49:58 pm »

"A Dog! And this Speedo is all but out of juice. Nothing my skills can do... However, the elastic is still strong. We need to find some kind of support, and turn this speedo into a machine of war, a catapult!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2012, 04:52:23 pm »

"Well then. Did anybody think to bring a weapon? No? Then I suggest that we all help Sheb with his catapult. Unless somebody else has a bright idea."

Bohdan helps Sheb as best as he is able.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2012, 08:05:39 am »

Scurryshy helps Sheb too.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5