Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23

Author Topic: Zombie thread: Mah zambah barg bra!nz haarh.  (Read 57323 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie in Miami, Florida or: zombie survival thread
« Reply #195 on: June 02, 2012, 01:22:44 pm »

So, MMA fighter, tore out the heart of one of his friends and ate it. Media is like "dude was on mushrooms, mushrooms bad". I suspected there were probably more to it.

Turns it WAS drugs - specifically, he'd been awake for 3-4 days on a combination of meth and coke, while repeatedly filling himself with steroids, and THEN decided to take an absolutely massive dose of hallucinogen on top of it.

Maybe this is the cause of the "zombie" epidemic - people are absolute morons.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 02, 2012, 05:34:32 pm »

So, MMA fighter, tore out the heart of one of his friends and ate it. Media is like "dude was on mushrooms, mushrooms bad". I suspected there were probably more to it.

Turns it WAS drugs - specifically, he'd been awake for 3-4 days on a combination of meth and coke, while repeatedly filling himself with steroids, and THEN decided to take an absolutely massive dose of hallucinogen on top of it.

First person to make a "Kali Ma" joke gets frowned at.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 02, 2012, 06:00:57 pm »

First person to make a "Kali Ma" joke gets frowned at.

Well now I'm not, because you beat me to it!

*frowns at Sirus*
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 02, 2012, 06:04:37 pm »

Oh, we know that it's because people are stupid.

My plan depends on when:
If before school, head over to [redacted], where our resident shark-puncher lives.
If it's while I'm in Italy, we're staying in a castle (not alone, just renting one of its ten sections). If it's the part we're in Rome for, then I can hope it's the necromantic type; with the Vatican so close, holy water will saturate the air. Which leads to a question: if holy water evaporates, is it now holy water vapor?
Anyways, if it's while at school, either the ROTC building (where all firearms on campus must be checked in and stored) or Walmart. Since it's an engineering school primarily founded for manufacturing, I presume we'll have ammo fabrication capability.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 03, 2012, 02:25:15 am »

I'm sure wallmart will contain lots of throwing ammunition.

Also, lets not go the entire religious/necromantic way and take the modern take to zombies: caused by a virus. (also because religion-related stuff tends to become a derail/flamewar)

But the people in the castle would hardly suspect that, so they could easily be infected too.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 03, 2012, 09:04:14 am »

If its an L4D style virus, let's face it - you're going to end up a zombie. Airborne viruses FTL.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #201 on: June 03, 2012, 10:05:39 am »

I somehow doubt that airborne viruses are faster than light, but meh.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 03, 2012, 10:29:08 am »

I KNEW someone was going to do that. :P

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 03, 2012, 11:01:12 am »

Sports news link to this if anyone wants: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/399624-mma-fighter-jarrod-wyatt-allegedly-rips-out-friend-taylor-powells-heart

The judge threw out the psychotic break defense, saying there was no evidence he wasn't coherent.  They're charging him with torture in addition to murder, and prosecutors are rejecting the defense on insanity based on police statements calling it too methodical (the arresting officer says he didn't believe the killer was influenced by hallucinogens, but that his girlfriend was).

But if he wasn't a murderous psychopath to begin with, but just a moron who was on all that stuff and survived for days awake without having a heart attack, then I'd guess the roids made him rage, the sleeplessness took away his reason, meth psychosis made him see the devil, the shrooms gave him the god vs. devil idea, his ego convinced him he stood for god, and the violent setting plus his innate lunacy helped him to stab his partner and nom his heart.

If its an L4D style virus, let's face it - you're going to end up a zombie. Airborne viruses FTL.

Zombie's not guaranteed, you might end up as a Special Infected!  Being a Hunter would be kind of cool.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 03, 2012, 11:09:19 am »

Infected = zombie.
I dont like the idea of a airborne virus tough, since there is nothing you can do against it except for having a natural immunity.
AKA, its not intresting to think about.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 03, 2012, 12:02:19 pm »

Gasmasks and sealed rooms.

Mind you, it means the government is probably going to be the sole source of survivors.

Of course, just staying well away from the infected (like with other airborne illnesses) also works.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #206 on: June 03, 2012, 12:15:32 pm »

everyone, to Madagascar!
They close the shipyard, and we are all safe!
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 03, 2012, 01:29:02 pm »

Nah, my eventual goal is to take a 1000-foot lake freighter and refit it for survival capability, sort of like those people who refit a nuke silo.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 03, 2012, 02:27:58 pm »

You guys know the guy who stabbed himself 50 times and threw his intestines at the cops? I'd love to do that in Dwarf Fortress I've been wondering.. Who even counted how many times he stabbed himself?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 03, 2012, 02:30:12 pm »

Probably the folks doing the autopsy. It's most certainly a guesstimate, though.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23