Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23

Author Topic: Zombie thread: Mah zambah barg bra!nz haarh.  (Read 57319 times)

Whitefoxsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • something meaningful.
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie in Miami, Florida or: zombie survival thread
« Reply #90 on: May 30, 2012, 08:11:40 pm »

The zombie apocalypse isn't realistically going to start off as one person being infected, it makes more sense as either a superflu or a horribly batch of something everyone uses like painkillers or something. It would have to infect at least 60% of people to really be an apocalypse, maybe less if they're sprinters instead of zombies.

Of course that means that your likelihood of survival is not dependent as much on your survival skills but on how good your immune system is at being randomly immune to superdiseases.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2012, 08:15:31 pm »

The zombie apocalypse isn't realistically going to start off as one person being infected, it makes more sense as either a superflu or a horribly batch of something everyone uses like painkillers or something. It would have to infect at least 60% of people to really be an apocalypse, maybe less if they're sprinters instead of zombies.

Of course that means that your likelihood of survival is not dependent as much on your survival skills but on how good your immune system is at being randomly immune to superdiseases.
I don't know. If it had an incubation period, I think a hand full of zombies could infect all of New York. Just nom a couple of people, wait a few days, and it spirals out of control.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 30, 2012, 08:23:42 pm »

Depending on the method of infection... that's what it comes down to.

If it spreads similarly to AIDS (ie. slipping through via. cytokine receptors) then one could expect Scandinavia to be the last safe place on earth thanks to the Delta 32 mutation. :P

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 30, 2012, 09:58:58 pm »

I didn't actualy believe this till they released the picture of the homeless guy's face. Damn, the guy prob mixed PCP with LSD and other crazy stuff and reverted to his mike tyson persona mixed with hannibal lecter. Not nearly as classy though.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2012, 10:36:21 pm »

They released a picture? Yeesh.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2012, 10:39:00 pm »

Do not want. Just...no.  :-\
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 30, 2012, 10:40:09 pm »

If it spreads similarly to AIDS (ie. slipping through via. cytokine receptors) then one could expect Scandinavia to be the last safe place on earth thanks to the Delta 32 mutation. :P
Given how one of the current anti-HIV plans is to spread Delta 32 to as much of humanity as possible through gene therapy, this would also result in humankind defeating the zombies.[/killjoy]
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 30, 2012, 10:41:55 pm »

Its spreading already!!!

http://www.examiner.com/article/new-jersey-man-wayne-carter-threw-intestines-at-police-after-disembowling-self
Quote from: that link up there^
Carter then reportedly stood up, and began stabbing himself several times through the abdomen, neck and legs. Officer’s then attempted to pepper-spray Carter, which had no effect on him.
Turns out pain compliance doesn't work on people who are currently repeatedly stabbing themselves, who'd have thought?
I didn't actualy believe this till they released the picture of the homeless guy's face.
Well now you HAVE to post a link.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 30, 2012, 11:09:04 pm »

I dont want to post a direct link to the photos, but at the bottom of this article there are links to them. They're pretty gruesome.
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 31, 2012, 12:09:43 am »

HUUUUURGH
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 31, 2012, 12:43:37 am »

I dont want to post a direct link to the photos, but at the bottom of this article there are links to them. They're pretty gruesome.
Thankfully, I have a +15 resistance to shmuck bait 8)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 31, 2012, 12:52:36 am »

I'm surprised no one has made the comment that nothing about this is at all surprising, because it's Miami.  I would be willing to entertain the idea that it was really a zombie if this happened anywhere else in the world.  Nope.  That's just Miami.  I'm not even really exaggerating.  I've known a few people who live there.  They have the craziest fucking stories.  I was really good friends and chatted daily for like 5 years with a guy from Miami.  Every day he had crazy stories.  He kept multiple self defense implements on his person at all times and used them.  There were several occasions when he commented that people were chasing each other through his backyard with guns or knives, and it didn't really concern him much so long as they finished passing through.  I also got to hear all about the Elian fiasco from a front row perspective.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 31, 2012, 12:56:19 am »

Thankfully, I have a +15 resistance to shmuck bait 8)
It's really not that bad to look at. His face has been eaten thoroughly enough for it to go up the left side of the uncanny valley. It passed "human with something seriously wrong with him" and landed in "hunk of meat".

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 31, 2012, 07:00:23 am »

http://pastebin.com/QGtM3p5U

http://pastebin.com/tQpynGDX

These are not fully reliable, but it's a strange pattern if they are true. I'm not suspicious of one hobo eating a guy's face off, but apparently there are multiple cases. I'm currently suspicious, but I'm going to wait until I see a police officer getting eaten alive by a horde in a video or something.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 31, 2012, 07:02:05 am »

So, what's this mess concerning a LQP-79 or somesuch and it's supposed effects?

(Melting of the organs, Brain decay, and necrosis. Seems too good, or bad, rather, to be true, right?)

E: The above post, if it's really true, is scary. I mean, what if we became zombies via cows, so to speak?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 07:09:07 am by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23