Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23

Author Topic: Zombie thread: Mah zambah barg bra!nz haarh.  (Read 57301 times)

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
Re: Zombie in Miami, Florida or: zombie survival thread
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2012, 12:19:06 am »

Yeah. Just strange little things which tend to be far above the tide. Probably some city works thing for Saint Louis.
Interesting. Then from there you could hang out until our dirigibles come and pluck you from there :D Or you'll have to wait until we get a good and well watched supply line set up so we can extract you some other way.
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2012, 02:42:59 am »

My plan is to strap giant blades to my arms so I can be a boss zombie. Much better chance of surviving then other zombies.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2012, 02:54:35 am »

My plan is to strap giant blades to my arms so I can be a boss zombie. Much better chance of surviving then other zombies.
Depends on what type of zombie game we're in. If it's an old fashion survival horror, small zombies have a great chance for survival as players will prefer to avoid them. Just don't block off any necessary doors.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2012, 03:00:23 am »

Now I want to make a survival horror game. BAY 12 WHY DO YOU NOT WANT ME TO FINISH MY ORIGINAL GAME IDEA.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2012, 03:14:37 am »

Now I want to make a survival horror game. BAY 12 WHY DO YOU NOT WANT ME TO FINISH MY ORIGINAL GAME IDEA.
I like survival horror games, they make me lol :D Wat's your original idea? O,.,o
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2012, 03:45:35 am »

Its a roll to village that I made way too complex. If your village has more that 30 people in it currently it requires more than 150 rolls per turn.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2012, 04:00:18 am »

that's a lot of damned rolls, are humans rolling or is it a computer rolling automatically?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2012, 04:30:46 am »

I'd actually planned on writing a series of "How well would you survive in a Zedpocalypse" episodes, just for fun, by going to areas around Victoria and rating them according to defensibility, ability to farm, etc...

That failed when I realised that my budget wouldn't stretch to paying the bond to film in a Parks Victoria region...

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2012, 04:37:08 am »

Ah, glad to see an official zombie thread.  I'll leave the weapons, vehicles, and zombie combat questions for later.  For now:

Since I really don't know how to farm, what would be a good way to get food?  The movies all show scavenging and looting, but, just like the internet, if you've thought of it, someone else has probably done it already.  In the mass panic of a zedpocalypse, all the stores, homes, etc would be looted for every scrap of food.

What other realistic options would there be? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2012, 04:43:09 am »

Heavily guarded farm.
HEAVILY guarded.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2012, 06:27:21 am »

Re: food
How about nomadism? We would stay on the move and be able to escape even running Zs if mounted.

I'd actually planned on writing a series of "How well would you survive in a Zedpocalypse" episodes, just for fun, by going to areas around Victoria and rating them according to defensibility, ability to farm, etc...

That failed when I realised that my budget wouldn't stretch to paying the bond to film in a Parks Victoria region...

That could still work if you would do it web only in text & (maybe) pictures. You would obviously need to be able to write well enough to evoke a few chuckles along the way, but it certainly could be done. It wouldn't be the first fake manual online.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2012, 06:35:24 am »

I might apply for a state government grant by saying that it's for tourism, which it technically could be.

I'd be showing off areas around Victoria to the outside world...

That's all moot at the moment, I've got exams coming up. But I might see how I go later in the year. I've got a friend or four in the film-making industry, and I did scriptwriting at TAFE, so I know some things.

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2012, 11:32:57 am »

Let that be a lesson for all future zombies: when being interrupted during meal, you BITE, not growl. I assure you, the innocent bystanders will be as delicious as the flesh you're currently consuming. Even if they have a gun, don't be selfish - without progeny, your population will never grow, so be sure to infect as many as possible.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2012, 12:16:29 pm »

Ah crapski. Check the WTF thread.
Second infection. EXACTLY THE SAME.
(tough they mention a new drug. but drugs are also known to cause zombie infection in da movies)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23