Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23

Author Topic: Zombie thread: Mah zambah barg bra!nz haarh.  (Read 57269 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie in Miami, Florida
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2012, 03:55:42 am »

I have a lot of thermite ready to be made, plus a couple weather balloons. Wanna build an airstrike system?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2012, 03:56:23 am »

But fire doesn't hurt zombies, not for several minutes.

And by the looks of it, this guy in Miami didn't feel pain either. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2012, 03:57:52 am »

Thermite melts through cars. I don't think its going to be stopped by a measly bit of flesh and bone.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2012, 03:59:33 am »

Scelly, are you middle to Southern USA adjacent by chance? If so then hell yeah, if not to actually do harm to the zombies then we could possibly keep looters out with air defense/offense systems
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2012, 04:01:03 am »

Please, please, please turn this into an official zombie thread...
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2012, 04:01:59 am »

Missouri, specifically. I could go grab maybe one or two more Bay12's and we could set up a fort.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2012, 04:03:33 am »

I think a island somewhere out in the ocean would make a nice play to flee to.
Thing is, it would be quite far away from any civilization thus making striking back harder.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2012, 04:04:21 am »

My uncle has a sailboat. We could take a trip down the big muddy.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2012, 04:06:02 am »

Hmm...in the case of zedpocalypse, I'd prefer a medium-sized building surrounded by a large stone wall.  Barb wire, barricade the gate, stay quiet and hide the food, I should be alright. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2012, 04:06:52 am »

Sweet, I have a pretty good setup down here with about 40 acres that I can play with as I want down here in north Alabama. Lots of rocks but Bay12-ers shouldn't be afraid of rocky land. All the rocks are about 6-12 inches into the soil so we can still grow stuff here too! AND! For the fishers in the party, we have a small lake on our property that is deceptively deep, and a much much larger lake a little north of us by a few miles. Also, Deer, Possum, Raccoon, Coyote, and Squirrel and Wild Cats so lots of stuff to hunt :D

I think the lake is about 4acres, woods make up the border to properties around here so lots of wood to make temporary living space, etc...

Addendum:
Also, I have a lot of fucking rabbits and about 18 chickens right now. Killing 20 rabbits in the next 2 weeks I think because we don't want them to finish growing up and they are just about the right size to be Roasters :) Not like DF where you only get a usable skull, these things have actual meat!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 04:09:34 am by GalenEvil »
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2012, 04:10:54 am »

We had a thread that died a slow death late-last year. I posted up a series of defensible positions in Southern Australia, namely Point Nepean, King Island, and Phillip Island.

The South Channel Fort if built up would also be useful.

Anyway, as for the guess as to why Urist McNakedn'Hungry wanted some McHumanburger:

Police say the attacker was likely overdosing on a new potent form of LSD. "What's happening is whenever we see that a person has taken all of his clothes off and has become violent, it’s indicative of this excited delirium that's caused by overdose of drugs,” said Armando Aguilar of the Miami Fraternal Order of Police. “What's happening is inside their body their organs are burning up alive.”

Acquainted as I am with pharmacology, I can assure you this policeman hasn't the foggiest idea what he is talking about.

Reudh's guess is far more likely - scopolamine or another tropane.  Naked guy could've been trying to get high on Datura.  That, or he was a zombie.

Scopolamine or tropanes can induce loss of free will in high quantities, and powerful hallucinations, though the accompanying physical and mental damage usually puts people off from ingesting it. Given Miami's close links with the Central Americas, especially Colombia, where use of Scopolamine in crimes is high, it may be that either Urist McNakednhungry used it himself for the hallucinogenic effect, or someone drugged him with it (to rob him, but may have backfired)

Datura? I'm not so sure that that has a cannabalistic effect. I know it's powerfully hallucinogenic, but it doesn't damage higher function very much.

PCP overdoses can. There's a case of a smalltime american rapper who high on PCP killed and partially ate his girlfriend.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2012, 04:13:18 am »

Hmm...in the case of zedpocalypse, I'd prefer a medium-sized building surrounded by a large stone wall.  Barb wire, barricade the gate, stay quiet and hide the food, I should be alright.

I dont agree.
Zombies bashing on the walls and such will lead to drama series, much like all the zombie series where peeps survive and shit and then there's tention and then they slowly kill eachother and at the end one guy runs away into the sunset with nobody left because everybody got killed because there was tention.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2012, 04:16:05 am »

There's a case of a smalltime american rapper who high on PCP killed and partially ate his girlfriend.

So... she didn't make him a sandwich so he made her a sandwich instead? Sounds plausible.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2012, 04:18:11 am »

I dont agree.
Zombies bashing on the walls and such will lead to drama series, much like all the zombie series where peeps survive and shit and then there's tention and then they slowly kill eachother and at the end one guy runs away into the sunset with nobody left because everybody got killed because there was tention.

So...better to stay in a place you can escape from.  But that's what dwarven tunnels are for! 

How feasible in real life would it be to stay "on the road" during a zedpocalypse? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2012, 04:20:43 am »

Not at all, the roads are now all you can bite buffets! Watercraft is safer as long as you stay in channel with a deep bottom on your way to your destination.

Okay, now it's about 4:30AM, so going to go on to sleep. Will pick this back up when I can get back to the internets later on today :D
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 04:29:48 am by GalenEvil »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23