Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23

Author Topic: Zombie thread: Mah zambah barg bra!nz haarh.  (Read 57316 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie in Miami, Florida or: zombie survival thread
« Reply #180 on: June 01, 2012, 10:43:26 am »

If it's spread through saliva, it's probably spread through other fluids too. Most zombie viruses are pretty similar to rabies it seems, at least as far as propagation goes.

Anyway this is the only place I can think of where people would discuss how to make themselves the most lethal zombies. You're all dirty conformists. I'd prefer to weaponize them and take over the world. And before you point it out, this is not some cliche movie where the pragmatic one dies ironically at the end; this is reality.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 01, 2012, 10:46:14 am »

Well, I mean, assume it was a disease that leads to an actual outbreak. Basic experience says that by the time you realize you have a chance of being infected, you probably already are. If it's airborne, you're screwed. If it's water borne, and a zombie falls in the reservoir - well, I don't drink anything but tap water.

There are three states in the zombie apocolypse - The Zombies, the Survivors, and the Dead.

By the time we can react, most of us are going to end up as the first, so it seems the most sensible to prepare for if your goal is to avoid the last.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 01, 2012, 10:47:10 am »

That's what all the pragmatic guys who die first say, look at the good it did them.

Too late for you now, Im afraid. You'd better get around enhacing your survival as a zombie
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 01, 2012, 10:57:33 am »

Anywho, I don't think I so much need to prepare for the slim chance of survivor-hood anyways - consistently rate superior to 99% of the populace for zombie survival chances in the various high level simulations I've been - in the last three 200-person live exercises, I repeatedly ended up as one of the final two survivors, and developed quite the reputation - and I lived risky, clicking in over 80 kills.

So yeah, definitely more important to plan for the zombie bit.

Edit:
I'll just leave this here:
http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20120601/suburban-baltimore-college-student-charged-in-alleged-cannibalism-case-120601/20120601/?hub=CalgaryHome

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 01, 2012, 11:01:29 am »

Eh?
Live excersises?
Explain more please?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 01, 2012, 11:06:12 am »

Eh?
Live excersises?
Explain more please?

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 01, 2012, 11:10:48 am »

HvZ - Four weeks of constant vigilance, where mobs of zombies could strike at anytime, tracking you, surrounding you, waiting... ambushes were a constant threat, and if you failed to complete various mission objectives in a timely manner you'd be turned by circumstance even if a zombie never got to you. And the zombies knew what those mission objectives were.

Part of my reputation was derived from the fact that I refused to carry a weapon of any sort on me like most survivor groups. (and yes, I still managed to get more kills than most of them).

I came /so/ close to winning two of the games - in the first, I got turned 20 feet from the final evac after crawling through mud and rain for four freaking hours, dodging zombies and working my way towards the evac. In the second, I was running with the other survivor in the escape mission, the target in sight, and a a horde of about 40 zombies on our tail, and the two of us had no choice but to rush through a narrow alley between buildings - behind an electrical box was a single zombie, and of the two of us I was the one who made the mistake of being on the left.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 01, 2012, 11:34:31 am »

Love, scriver~

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 01, 2012, 11:51:02 am »

HvZ - Four weeks of constant vigilance, where mobs of zombies could strike at anytime, tracking you, surrounding you, waiting... ambushes were a constant threat, and if you failed to complete various mission objectives in a timely manner you'd be turned by circumstance even if a zombie never got to you. And the zombies knew what those mission objectives were.

Part of my reputation was derived from the fact that I refused to carry a weapon of any sort on me like most survivor groups. (and yes, I still managed to get more kills than most of them).

I came /so/ close to winning two of the games - in the first, I got turned 20 feet from the final evac after crawling through mud and rain for four freaking hours, dodging zombies and working my way towards the evac. In the second, I was running with the other survivor in the escape mission, the target in sight, and a a horde of about 40 zombies on our tail, and the two of us had no choice but to rush through a narrow alley between buildings - behind an electrical box was a single zombie, and of the two of us I was the one who made the mistake of being on the left.
Sounds pretty hectic and neat.
Tough i dont think real life zombies would be smart enough to hide behind boxes xD

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 01, 2012, 12:01:17 pm »

Cracked but Relevant.

...Cracked.com is providing rational, reasoned analysis and a plea for calm.

I'm pretty sure that's one of the signs of...the Apocalypse.  8)

I haven't checked, has the Daily Show done anything on the media response yet?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 01, 2012, 12:16:14 pm »

The author basically had the exact same mental thought train I did about the whole thing.

I'm mostly just having fun with it, and I hope most people are too.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 01, 2012, 12:23:47 pm »

One man was shot to death and another had his face mutilated beyond recognition, and you want everyone to just have fun with it? What kind of monster are you?

(naw really it's fine, though it IS kinda morbid how much of a joke this has become)
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 01, 2012, 12:59:19 pm »

Humor is a coping mechanism. What bothers me is that some of the security camera footage is out there now, and apparently most of my co-workers thought it'd be a cool thing to check out at work. And then go "ohhhhhh jeeeeeeez....daaaaaaaamn....hey bro, you gotta check this out, this is messed up".  >:(

No thank you, I can live quite happily for the remainder of my life without seeing that. THAT's the part that I don't get, and that pisses me off. I remember co-workers (different company) doing the same thing when Nick Berg got beheaded by al-Qaeda and the video of it was making the rounds. And they were watching it at work with the audio on. I finally snapped and cursed several of them out over it.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 02, 2012, 01:00:29 pm »

In Washington here, either heading to a friend's house that was owned by a (properly, because her son kept breaking in) paranoid old lady and thus has reinforced walls, a bomb shelter, barricades for all the doors and windows, and said friends father also owns several power tools.
Or I'm going to my godfather's house, which has a 7 foot fence/hedge wall surrounding the yard, and is only accessible by an easily destroyed spiral staircase. Said godfather is also a carpenter, and lives next to a park.
If anyone wants to rescue me when the apocalypse happens, go crazy. Please note I also own a gardening flamethrower capable of melting human flesh. Yes, those do exist. I'm not quite sure why, though.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 02, 2012, 01:19:09 pm »

Flamethrowers are awesome.
Now take a fire axe and a shotgun and you are ready to go.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23