Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23

Author Topic: Zombie thread: Mah zambah barg bra!nz haarh.  (Read 57309 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie in Miami, Florida or: zombie survival thread
« Reply #105 on: May 31, 2012, 08:09:09 am »

I'm surprised no one has made the comment that nothing about this is at all surprising, because it's Miami.  I would be willing to entertain the idea that it was really a zombie if this happened anywhere else in the world.  Nope.  That's just Miami.  I'm not even really exaggerating.  I've known a few people who live there.  They have the craziest fucking stories.  I was really good friends and chatted daily for like 5 years with a guy from Miami.  Every day he had crazy stories.  He kept multiple self defense implements on his person at all times and used them.  There were several occasions when he commented that people were chasing each other through his backyard with guns or knives, and it didn't really concern him much so long as they finished passing through.  I also got to hear all about the Elian fiasco from a front row perspective.

Obviously, this is simply the merger of two established franchises, resulting in Resident Evil: Vice City.

re: the stuff Fniff linked...I hadn't really made the connection between the abnormally high number of cases of "flesh-eating bacteria" in the southeast US of late (i.e. 3 high-profile cases in a month or so) and the abnormally high number of cases of "flesh-eating homeless guys" in the southeast US of late (i.e. there actually was one).

Maybe the bacteria have decided they can get eat moar flesh if they infect somebody to do the chewing for them. Oh, and the creepypasta about the supposed zombie outbreak in 1935 (bottom of the first link) is good fun. It's interesting to see how this viral zombie apocalypse theory (viral as in the theory is going viral, not as in 'a virus is making zombies') is developing and popping up all over.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 31, 2012, 09:07:26 am »

Yeesh, it almost sounds like we're planning how to cause the zombie apocalypse. 

Also, Redking, can I sig your RE:VC comment? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 31, 2012, 09:10:04 am »

Sure, just forward the royalty check to my lawyers and... :P j/k

yeah i don't mind

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 31, 2012, 09:11:54 am »

Thanks. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 31, 2012, 09:24:42 am »

Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 31, 2012, 09:26:16 am »

...Sure.   :-\

I suppose you're being sarcastic, but just in case. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 31, 2012, 10:13:05 am »

...Sure.   :-\

I suppose you're being sarcastic, but just in case.

:P
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 31, 2012, 10:23:50 am »

Oh GOD DAMN.

Now they are blaming it on LSD, eh? Not even a cocktail, nope, just a "new LSD". LSD doesn't work that way! It's not a mixture like ecstasy or marijuana! There are no 'types'! It's a straight chemical - like MDMA or THC, which also don't have "types". (though there might be different chemicals with the same default abbreviation, they would end up numbered or given a secondary abbreviation)

By new, I assume they mean a chemical that is not, in fact, LSD. Since otherwise it wouldn't be new. So it's not LSD, and doesn't act like LSD, thus it's clearly a "new LSD".

So this is basically just "well, at least this is an opportunity to stir up some LSD hysteria."

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 31, 2012, 10:45:07 am »

Reefer madness, kids! It'll make you eat somebody's face off!

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 31, 2012, 10:49:19 am »

There actually are LSD analogues (the 'sunshine acid' is hypothesized to have been ALD-52).  But neither they nor good old LSD-25 do this to you on their own.  I've seen people suffer psychotic breaks, but never any growling cannibalism as the result of a bad tryptamine trip.

What I find strange is the noise being made now about "bath salts" MDPV being behind this, as if there was a shred of evidence to support such a conclusion - there isn't any, aside from some unfounded assertions of authorities who belie ignorance with every statement.
Don't get me wrong, MDPV is nasty, NASTY stuff, but they're grasping at straws, and seemingly using a horrific and unexplained tragedy to bolster outrage against a substance they wish to see banned more strictly.  Reefer madness indeed.

Based on the facts, they could say Eugene was a wendigo, and this actually has more evidence behind it seeing as he actually ate human flesh.  We'll have to wait for toxicology reports to know for sure.

edit:  just in case I didn't state this clearly, consuming bath salts is a bad fucking idea.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 02:54:31 pm by SethCreiyd »

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 31, 2012, 10:57:44 am »

So, there's been another zombie attack, this time down to the Devil's beckoning.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 31, 2012, 11:08:22 am »

There actually are LSD analogues (the 'sunshine acid' is hypothesized to have been ALD-52).  But neither they nor good old LSD-25 do this to you on their own.  I've seen people suffer psychotic breaks, but never any growling cannibalism as the result of a bad tryptamine trip.
I'd argue analogues are just that - analogues. I certainly wouldn't call them the "new (original substance)". They are similar, though, yes, and if they'd said an LSD analogue, it might have been reasonable - instead, they said it was LSD. (a new one, admittedly). And considering the extensive work done with LSD analogues, I'm guessing this isn't even one of those, yeah.

But overall, yeah - they just seem to be looking for scapegoats. "OMG ITS TEH DRUUUUUGS!"

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #117 on: May 31, 2012, 11:09:01 am »

...sh...
*looks at reinforced steel door*
*renewable water application*
*solar panels*
I'm stocking on canned food. See you guys later, if a zombie doesn't chew down a satellite.
Btw being on an island is NOT a sign of being safe: zombie don't need to breath, they could *walk-swim* till your beaches and come up to grab a bite at you!
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 31, 2012, 11:16:21 am »

So, there's been another zombie attack, this time down to the Devil's beckoning.

Great, so it's not just zombies, it's not just drug-addled zombies, it's Satanic drug-addled zombies.
When did the world turn into a 1960's horror-exploitation film? And why aren't there more scantily-clad blonde bombshells walking around, if that's the case?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 31, 2012, 11:49:27 am »

Great, so it's not just zombies, it's not just drug-addled zombies, it's Satanic drug-addled zombies.
When did the world turn into a 1960's horror-exploitation film? And why aren't there more scantily-clad blonde bombshells walking around, if that's the case?

Not enough JDs, either.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23