Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: The Wizard's Slaves  (Read 5211 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Wizard's Slaves
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2012, 05:59:19 pm »

the slightly uncommen book of lesser magic for me
I wont be posting till to night my actions till then are stay with the group grab any unwanted items and DON'T DIE
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 06:11:46 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2012, 06:36:31 pm »

Aeliato : The book you open contains information on ... Scale!

Derm's book contains information on Urushiol! What the heck is that?

Ann learns Respiratory!

Lia learns Gallimaufry! Erm... horrah?

JBT learns Chlorotrifluoroethylene!

i suck at thinking up names any help please learns Shoplifting!

Note that each book teaches you a school of magic. They are not specific spells.

Happy or unhappy with your newly gained magic, you remember that the contract specified more tomes after a certain amount of accomplishment. Also, any tomes you might happen to find will be yours to keep to learn, and can be sold to the wizard himself for some extra money.

You remember that you were to report to the wizard at your leisure. Since you all are apprentices, not slaves, he says, you have the freedom to exit the tower and go outside at any time.

What to do?

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2012, 06:46:55 pm »

((Mine is so broad.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2012, 06:48:02 pm »

((I can reroll it if you want ;3))

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2012, 06:49:05 pm »

((I can reroll it if you want ;3))
((No, just no. It is nice.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2012, 06:50:56 pm »

Mine is... some sort of tree sap.

What.

Start mass producing Lacquer for profit.

Name: Derm
Appearance: Wears a pilfered green bathrobe.
Short bio: The world of spellcraft is highly secretive, and few opportunities are open. The art of throwing around fireballs was too enticing for him, and he jumped on the first opportunity he got, leaving his boring farm life behind him. Derm happens to be completely mute due to an incident that he couldn't talk about if he wanted to, likely involving some manner of noodle, but has hence learned to cast spells nonverbally.

HP: 2
Attack: 3
Talky-ability: 0
Magicky-ability: 3

Odd magic
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 07:04:19 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2012, 06:52:40 pm »

((

Wait, this is such a great coincidence :
It causes an allergic skin rash on contact,[1] known as urushiol-induced contact dermatitis.

))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2012, 07:01:24 pm »

Aeliato tries to train his magicky-ability by creating a small white dragon scale.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 11:41:45 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2012, 11:10:47 pm »

Joe sighs. He wished the book could have a school with a less boring name. Typical. Everything in his life was boring, becoming a wizard didn't change anything at all. After a brief search of the book, he fails to find anything with a more interesting name. But it was still MAGIC!

He then takes a deep breath and tries to cool down the air in the room a bit.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2012, 11:37:51 pm »

...then are stay with the group grab any unwanted items and DON'T DIE
You are in the waitlist.

Spoiler: Lia Teicer (click to show/hide)

"Well, I'll be outside to test this if...anyone needs me."

Move out onto a high parapet outside, and test a newly learned spell from that on the environment! Like...well, reading through the book more and then casting anything.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 11:48:52 pm by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2012, 11:39:09 pm »

You are in the waitlist.
i suck at thinking up names any help please learns Shoplifting!
((Maybe not, Mr. Aggressive. Or maybe yes...))

Edit:@Tiruin
((That is not a spell. It is a school of magic.))
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 11:42:23 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2012, 11:58:13 pm »

((Just pointed that out, I think I got carried away with formatting. Sorry.  :-\ and, edited.))

Edit: Oh, you.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 12:03:09 am by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2012, 11:59:21 pm »

((Just pointed that out, I think I got carried away with formatting. Sorry.  :-\ and, edited.))
((And I just wanted to tease you. :P

I knew you would fall for that one.))
>Yes?

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2012, 03:46:57 am »

shoplifting are you for real are you hating me for finding it hard to make up names? Well on to learning magicstealing
go to the teacher
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2012, 04:24:12 pm »

Derm focuses his mind and tries to mass produce lacquer, when a sharp pain interrupts him.
It is the voice of the crazyvenerable wizard, broadcast directly into your mind with the mental equivalent of a stinging slap.

"Boy, at your leisure does not mean whenever you feel like it. Shoot up here right now."

Aeliato 6 creates a small, white fish scale. Hrm.

Joe is about to take a deep breath when he realizes he misplaced his character sheet! Nothing happens! 16 makes the room pleasantly chilly. His magic abilities drive all the moisture out of the air and onto the walls. It feels like a cool fall day now. Joe's Happy increases by 1.

Lia heads outside and contemplates her magic tome. Gallimaufry means... a confused or disorderly mass or collection of things; a "mess" or a "jumble". Chaos, in short, but in a less wizardly, arcane-y, powerful-y, and more scraps-of-metal-and-rock-glued-together-to-make-+3-laquer-armor sort of chaos. You could call it SMRGTM+3LA Chaos, but it doesn't sound that good to pronounce. 'Hodgepodge' is also a nice word.

shoplifting are you for real are you hating me for finding it hard to make up names? Well on to learning magicstealing
go to the teacher

Ah, pero yo no hice decidir tu magia. Es al azar. o_O
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 04:43:56 pm by Skyrunner »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5