Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: The Wizard's Slaves  (Read 5219 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
The Wizard's Slaves
« on: May 27, 2012, 08:56:58 pm »

(...yes, this is two RTDs at the same time. D:)

The Wizard's Apprentices Slaves

There is a typical stone brick tower towering over the Forest of Salvation, which is quite spacious on the inside. Perhaps a tad too spacious.

The owner of the tower is a wizard of both magic and words. To be precise, he's a master of swindling poor wanna-be wizards into signing a binding contract that grants them a number of petty schools of magic in exchange for years upon years of servitude at low pay. More horrifyingly, he doesn't support 401(k)s, IRAs, doesn't have health care or insurance, and finally cooks horridly. You are one of those sla- *cough* apprentices who were roped into doing his bidding.

Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

One random school of magic will be distributed to you.

Players
Aeliato Bellis (Caellath)
Derm (Derm)
Lia Teicer (Tiruin)
Joe Bob Tedd (borno)

Waitlist
i suck at thinking up names any help please (killerhellhound)
Sil (IronyOwl)
Ann (HmH)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 09:21:35 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Wizard's Slaves : 4 or so apprentices needed.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 08:57:40 pm »

Here as well.
Name: Aeliato Bellis
Appearance: Average-sized, lean and able-bodied. Owner of clear green eys and a large amount of ambar-colored hair kept in check by a ponytail. Is usually seen wearing leather vests with light-colored long-sleeved shirts underneath, leather boots and pants.
Short bio: Born and raised to a low-class family which worked with clothing and general goods, the youth did not want to stay forever bound to the world of selling wares as his "parents and their parents before them did", and because of that he took a job opportunity to learn magic and stay away from his family's business. Due to a little part-time training with some local warriors, he can handle weapons and dish out damage properly.

(distribute 8 points among these:)
HP: 15 (3)
Attack: 3 (3)
Talky-ability: 1 (1)
Magicky-ability: 1 (1)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 10:34:15 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 09:04:43 pm »

Name: Derm
Appearance: Wears a pilfered green bathrobe.
Short bio: The world of spellcraft is highly secretive, and few opportunities are open. The art of throwing around fireballs was too enticing for him, and he jumped on the first opportunity he got, leaving his boring farm life behind him. Derm happens to be completely mute due to an incident that he couldn't talk about if he wanted to, likely involving some manner of noodle, but has hence learned to cast spells nonverbally.

HP: 2
Attack: 3
Talky-ability: 0
Magicky-ability: 3
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 10:29:12 pm »

Name: Lia Teicer
Appearance: Lean in appearance, average in height, black hair, light complexion, preference for light colored clothing and the color grey.
Short bio: Aspiring to rise in the echelons of society was nearly impossible in our day. I was one of those people who kept on trying, but failing each time. I am born to noble parents, tillers of the land and overlooked by the masses despite being pious and industrious people. The only connection to the civilized areas was through the local library, albeit a very run-down one. Everything else of my life is of lesser importance.

I am glad opportunity has smiled on me.

HP: 5 (1)
Attack: 1
Talky-ability: 3
Magicky-ability:  3
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 11:30:49 pm by Tiruin »

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 10:45:24 pm »

Name: Joe Bob Tedd
Appearance: Joe looks very average, in his dull blue eyes, his oily blonde hair and his pale white skin.
Short bio: Joe was born to an unassuming family, in an unassuming town. All his life he wanted to be something, and did his best to stand out, but it never worked. Finally he got sick of his unassuming life and joined up as a wizard's apprentice slave.

HP: 2 (10)
Attack: 2
Talky-ability: 2
Magicky-ability: 2
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 10:55:01 pm by borno »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 10:45:43 pm »

Name:(i suck at thinking up names any help plese)
Appearance: a small human that wears a cloak has a look of knowledge around him
Short bio: Not much is know about him he rarely talks unless its important like there’s a experiment gone wrong and its trying to eat him or he wants you to pass the salt he is more decanted to his study’s and has not talked about his past

HP: 2
Attack: 2
Talky-ability: 0
Magicky-ability:4
edit: sorry mate but i was writhing it up then you posted (dam ninja)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 10:48:00 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2012, 11:05:43 pm »

((I wonder how bad our random schools of magic will be.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2012, 11:30:15 pm »

I feel scared that everyone low talking skills (two people with nill) is going to screw us up
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2012, 11:32:08 pm »

I feel scared that everyone low talking skills (two people with nill) is going to screw us up
Tiruin's is high right now. His character has a skillful tongue.

She is also very prone to dying.
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2012, 11:40:37 pm »

Tiruin's is high right now. His character has a skillful tongue.

She is also very prone to dying.

Works with the bio.

Worth it.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2012, 11:42:20 pm »

I just plain can't talk at all, actually.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2012, 11:47:41 pm »

Caellath
 keep Tiruin alive with your life your the best at it.
my 0 in talking comes from not talking unless its important and flat out not speaking to strangers. with excepions I’m happy demonster isn’t talking took a look back at roll to roll to dodge. It was great fun wait he is a wizard in this oh crap  :D
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 11:53:29 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2012, 11:48:59 pm »

Honestly killer when I look at your sheet I just kinda feel like 'derp'

There's no punctuation in that. At all.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2012, 11:49:54 pm »

Caellath
keep Tiruin alive with your life your the best at it
and my 0 comes from not talking unless its important and flat out not speaking to strangers

Request: Fix your sheet to be legible. Add bits of punctuation, capitalization and a name.  :)

Ninja: dermonster

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2012, 11:53:50 pm »

sorry all fixed and new content
My Sig

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5