Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: The Wizard's Slaves  (Read 5216 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: The Wizard's Slaves : 4 or so apprentices needed.
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2012, 11:54:34 pm »

It's still a run on sentence.

Basic grammar is the default, not the exception.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2012, 01:24:53 am »

Name: Sil
Appearance: Dirty little urchin with short, ill-kept, light brown hair and green eyes.
Short bio: Sil was born into poverty, and scrubbed floors for meager food and paltry shelter, though she always dreamed of something greater. One day that opportunity presented itself, and she leaped at the chance to become a powerful, wealthy sorceress instead of an animate mop. She recognized the resulting fable as soon as it was revealed to her- if she wants to not have to scrub floors anymore, she's going to have to work hard and be clever after all.

HP: 10
Attack: 1
Talky-ability: 3
Magicky-ability: 2
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2012, 02:16:55 am »

Name: Ann
Appearance: A well-endowed blonde lady dressed in simple, slightly revealing clothing of dark colors, her neck and bosom covered by a red scarf that she refuses to remove. Hidden all around her clothing is a multitude of really sharp needles of differing sizes.
Short bio: Ann is your average seamstress, and you might, ahem, understand the implications of such a profession. She'd been in what she likes to call the shadiest, most indecent places in the world, but survived: what she lacks in brawns and brains she makes up for in agility and, hem-hem, skill with needles. Unlike other applicants, Ann knew from the very beginning she wouldn't become a witch or a sorceress during the apprenticeship, albeit due to a different reason than poor learning conditions: she has no grasp of magical theory, and her past attempts to actually cast cantrips or brew potions have all ended catastrophically. Ann's goal in this tower is not to learn magic; all she wants is to get the wizard's trust(if you know what I mean) and then steal his most valuable possessions.

HP: 2
Attack: 3
Talky-ability: 3
Magicky-ability: 0
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 02:37:12 am by HmH »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: The Wizard's Slaves
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2012, 09:34:31 am »

Players are Aeliato (Caellath), Derm(Derm), Lia (Tiruin), and J.B.T (borno).
Waitlisted killerhellhound, Sil (ironyOwl), and Ann (HMH)

Waking up in your small, flea infested mattress you call a bed, you notice that the morning sun is streaming through the small rectangular hole high in the wall. Like all days, the tower is chilly and strangely humid. Or more exactly, your room is chilly and humid. Whenever you go into the library, you marvel at the cool, dry environment the books enjoy; whenever you enter the wizard's alchemy lab, the dry, warm air also is a shock. Oh, the wizard. He's quite a weird fellow. He almost never comes out of the tower, but he seems to know everything. He also has exotic tastes, such as ostrich eggs, West Coast fish (despite the tower being inland and rather far from the sea), and pheonix meat (the pheonix has to be kept alive until the meat is all digested; else, you end up with scorched insides and a pile of ash were the meat was).

The wizard told you to come to his study after you woke up today, since he decided to start sending you and your fellow apprentices on 'quests', or in less diplomatic terms go-fetch chores.

Ah, before you go, you realize that the wizard left seven tomes on your bedside, each bearing a title. He told you to choose one and only one, and get your little mind wrapped around the small piece of the unfanthomable universe that is contained therein. He also told you that if you open more than one book, you'll be zapped.

The Old but Not Olde Book of Common Magic
The Average Book of the Average Universe, part 3
The Slightly Uncommon Tome of Lesser Magic
The Uncommon Tome of Lesser Magic
The Tome of the Most Rare and Specific Magic
Obscure Magic Arcana

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2012, 09:51:13 am »

Aeliato picks The Old but Not Olde Book of Common Magic since they are all bound to be useless anyway.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 11:47:07 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2012, 09:52:12 am »

The Tome of the Most Rare and Specific Magic!

Name: Derm
Appearance: Wears a pilfered green bathrobe.
Short bio: The world of spellcraft is highly secretive, and few opportunities are open. The art of throwing around fireballs was too enticing for him, and he jumped on the first opportunity he got, leaving his boring farm life behind him. Derm happens to be completely mute due to an incident that he couldn't talk about if he wanted to, likely involving some manner of noodle, but has hence learned to cast spells nonverbally.

HP: 2
Attack: 3
Talky-ability: 0
Magicky-ability: 3
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 10:26:22 am by dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2012, 10:10:01 am »

((Should the waitlisters choose a book, too? Also, there are only six tomes on the list.))

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2012, 10:16:30 am »

Each person has their own set of 6 books. You can choose the same as another person. It's random anyways.

Waitlisters can choose one if they wish.

Note that you should post your character profile after each bolded action from now.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2012, 10:24:55 am »

Each person has their own set of 6 books. You can choose the same as another person. It's random anyways.

Waitlisters can choose one if they wish.

Note that you should post your character profile after each bolded action from now.
Done it. I just hope my useless magic school does not involve the application of brute force trauma to my own head.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2012, 10:25:54 am »

What is it with games having me keep track of my stuff nowadays...

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2012, 10:27:12 am »

((Then, for the sake of keeping actions close to each other...))
Pick up The Average Book of the Average Universe, part 3.

Spoiler: Ann - Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 10:50:48 am by HmH »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2012, 10:45:23 am »

Spoiler: Lia Teicer (click to show/hide)

'The Uncommon Tome of Lesser Magic'

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2012, 11:49:58 am »

((Changed my pick. Obscure magic seems just too inviting. I bet it contains the weirdest cantrips.))
>Yes?

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2012, 02:47:13 pm »

"Obscure magic? Sounds exciting!"

J.B.T. picks up the book of obscure magic and begins reading intently.

Spoiler: Joe Bob Tedd (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2012, 02:56:47 pm »

((May we have our ridiculous schools now? I'm curious.))
>Yes?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5