Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Let's Play Tropico 4 Modern Times! Part 3: Tropical Tornadoes?  (Read 11596 times)

Cicero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Tropico 4 Modern Times! Part 1: Partycrashers
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 02:54:50 pm »

Part One: Partycrashers

I call to order this meeting of the Tropican People's Committee. There are refreshments over in the corner there, help yourself but once we begin I'd appreciate it if you could remain seated as we have grave matters to discuss. Now, if you're settled, we'll begin with a slideshow recapping of the events following Mountaindew's rise to power.

Spoiler: Slideshow (click to show/hide)

Now, people of Tropico, we have a decision before us. Our great leader Mountaindew, as...wise...as he is, is not suited to this kind of delicate task. As such he has not been informed of this yet. We, the people, have several options open to us.

We could tell Mountaindew that Ms. Ortiz is a traitor but Mr. Valisi may have others working for him on the island to take up her reigns and anyway, the Americans might simply invade anyway.

We could submit plans to Mountaindew detailing a new "pub" that would in fact be a diplomatic embassy, with which we could attempt to secure safety through international diplomacy, however there's no guarantee that the embassy would be done in time, let alone actually work.

Lastly we could attempt to trick the Americans by building a capitalist newspaper, however that would take even longer to set up than an embassy.

I leave the choice to you. People of Tropico, you have your own future in your hands!

Oh and here's a brochere that many of you may find interesting. Any of you are free to participate and I may or may not gain a commission for each treatment. It's tons of fun!

Spoiler: A brochere (click to show/hide)

ivanthe8th

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 03:44:44 pm »

Let's try and fight the Gringoes, it can't be much harder than a bar fight can it?

Also here's my application for El Presidente'

Ivan the 8th
former advisor to the Romanovs
monarchical/despotic political orientation
extremely old
depressed
alcoholic
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 03:46:24 pm by ivanthe8th »
You do remember that you've been farming gigantic wingless dragon-fish for profit and Fun, right?
This quote right here is the essence of DF.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 07:36:01 pm »

Why not just befriend their faction leader?  Up the salary of contruction workers so they can live in El Presidente's fancy housing, and you should win Ms. Ortiz over.

As for the Americans, if we ask the Soviets to build a military base on our island, then the Americans can't touch us.  Failing that, I'm all for an embassy and newspaper.

Hehe, you won't like my application:
EuchreJack
Former Sweat Shop owner
Capitalist political orientation
Educated (High School or College graduate)
Late 30's - Early 40's
Shrewd Accountant
Easygoing
Alcoholic (who doesn't love alcohol?)

Cicero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2012, 07:57:12 pm »

To propose an alliance to the USSR would require both a Ministry, a foreign affairs minister and probably an embassy running Pro-USSR to make them like us enough. That is certainly a plan though. However, if we got Ms. Ortiz to like us than the Americans would be more likely to keep away... Let's keep the input coming, Mountaindew certainly can't do this on his own...

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2012, 11:57:18 pm »

I say go for the embassy.

Application:
Name: "Cain"
Faction: Loyalist
Education: Well Educated (College Graduate)
Traits: Charismatic, Womanizer, Vigilante, Alcoholic (think BatManuel)
-J-
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 11:59:02 pm by Jarod Cain »
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2012, 03:29:47 am »

Embassy. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2012, 09:17:11 am »

Embassy

new character:
Drakale
El Presidente personal guard
Will give his life for the greatest person he ever met, Mountaindew H. Camacho.
He try to keep the relation strictly professional, but it is a struggle.

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2012, 11:20:44 am »

I am liking where this is going

Application:

Name: Heinrich Ostenhof
Faction: Intellectual
Education:  Educated (College Graduate)
Traits: Scholarly, Ugly, Activist, Multiple Personality Disorder

Description: Heinrich Ostenhofs opinion on the new El Presidente is a bit a mixed bag; while the Mountaindew radical ways fits his own crazy scientific methods quite well Heinrich can't help but have misgivings about the president's apparent lack of appreciation for the ways of the educated mind. He feels a draw from both the part of him that want to be radical and the part of him that want science, can it be unified?. Time will tell if the superior intellect of Ostenhof will help him convince the president just how radical science can be or of he is going to be left to grumble in his basement lab about the lack of insane doomsdays devises on this beautiful tropical island.

Flavor image:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Note; I can make some other character if you don't like this one or need some other role to be fulfilled; I kind of also had an eye on the environmentalist faction.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 11:25:04 am by hostergaard »
They decided to leave my fortress via the circus because the front door was locked to keep Goblins out.  THAT should be an interesting trip back to the Mountainhome.

Cicero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2012, 11:24:36 am »

Alright, played the update. I managed to create all of you except for Cain. (there was only one loyalist Palace Guard and I gave it to Drakale, sorry...) EuchreJack, you became Jane Euchre and became a fairly central character. Ivan, I made you the oldest male on the island, a 60 year old, militarist farmer, however you don't even appear in the update as you didn't do anything significant... :p

Just about to post this when you post hostergaard. This update's been played, but I did want a leader of the intellectual faction. Next update, I will make you whoever they are (you might need to prepare an alternate female name just in case...)

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2012, 12:00:27 pm »

Sounds great! Alternate female name? Lets go with Hilda. Did you notice I kind of ninja-edited in Multiple Personality Disorder shortly after posting? I felt he needed a little more crazy.
They decided to leave my fortress via the circus because the front door was locked to keep Goblins out.  THAT should be an interesting trip back to the Mountainhome.

Cicero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Tropico 4 Modern Times! Part 2: World Police
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2012, 06:37:57 pm »

Part Two: World Police

Now that you're all here gentlemen, let's get down to brass tacks. Now most of you know now that our operations in Tropico have recently ceased and thus this will be the last meeting of T-COMM. More of a debrief than a real meeting. The following slideshow will serve as a refresher on recent events.

Spoiler: Slideshow (click to show/hide)

This is the first half of the update that I played, the other half will be posted tomorrow or at some point over the weekend.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2012, 07:48:34 pm »

I take it I'm the woman in the green dress and not the man sitting at the table?

And good job El Presidente!

Cicero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2012, 08:02:05 pm »

I take it I'm the woman in the green dress and not the man sitting at the table?

And good job El Presidente!

Haha yep, that's you. Also just so you know that's the 3d model for a pregnant woman...intrigue to follow...

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2012, 02:54:53 am »

Huh.  Nice U.S. perspective.  Keep it coming! 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2012, 10:11:34 pm »

We need to build a nuclear weapon of our own!
Pages: 1 [2] 3