Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: The Vault — OOC  (Read 6437 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
The Vault — OOC
« on: May 27, 2012, 08:19:20 pm »

The Vault

After the Incident, which originated with a careless mage creating a perpetual power-eating spell, the various kingdoms and countries of the world made sure to prepare Vaults in the event of a catastrophe. They were simply sealed underground rooms equipped with anti-spell doors and walls at least three meters thick, batteries of power stored away to regulate temperature, humidity, and provide life, and simple facilities for rest, production, and research.

Inevitably, another disaster has struck. This time, it was caused by an overabundance of power, unlike the Incident, which was characterized by the lack of it. Plumes of magic appeared from tiny seams in the fabric of the world, which served to separate the seams more, which brought forward more otherworldly magic. In a positive feedback cycle much much wild power appeared in the world, which attracted strange creatures and warped many existing ones into more powerful, feral and tougher versions.

Needless to say, the world collapsed.

You and the others grouped together in the confusion and chaos. Some of you knew where a Vault was, and led the others on the dangerous path there. Though you lost three forths on the way, at least you made it here. The entrance to Vault E — made of metal and ceramic checkered and about ten meters tall, ten meters high, and square — looms before you. Far off, the thick, boiling clouds crackle as thunder and lightning ripple through them, while the surrounding hills are sparse and covered in hardy brown grass. There is a minor river about a kilometer away.

Magic in this game is generated via a random word generator. Some examples I have seen include Zestfulness, Ineffectualness, Diddlery, Brutalization.

Though it is probably a bit annoying, I would like the character sheets to be pasted whenever the player posts a bolded action, for my sanity.

Character sheet
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Example of skillsheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Combat (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Magic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Note : Clarifying, each school of magic costs 2 points, unlike other skills.

If the stats turn out to be too much for me (or whoever signs up) to handle, I might pare down on them, so the player be warned.

This thread should become the OOC thread; the IC thread will be made after people signing up.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 06:42:36 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Vault — 5
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 08:24:00 pm »

Here.

Finished.
Spoiler: Landren Caelumcursor (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 08:51:29 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: The Vault — 5
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 08:28:36 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 08:39:15 pm by Bdthemag »
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: The Vault — 3 more people
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 09:52:13 pm »

Assuming that we must be human...If we don't have to, then I'm changing the hell out of this.

Note, Embalming here is a stand-in for upgrading corpses. Course, its normal embalming as well.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 05:15:34 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 10:21:35 pm »

Spoiler: Jurith Creyn (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 02:38:58 pm by Tiruin »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 01:50:09 am »

Done! Tell me if I did anything wrong.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 02:42:30 am »

Spoiler: Sil, Demonic Helper (click to show/hide)

Assuming that we must be human...If we don't have to, then I'm changing the hell out of this.
Easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission. :3
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 04:19:16 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 08:05:16 am »

Well, finished my sheet.  :D

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 08:10:19 am »

Before we start, I have changed the rules slightly: you may choose your schools of magic.

However, these are not acceptable, for example: Evocation, Illusion, because they are a tad too broad.
Try things like 'Fire' or 'Images'. :3

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2012, 08:25:37 am »

However, these are not acceptable, for example: Evocation, Illusion, because they are a tad too broad.
Try things like 'Fire' or 'Images'. :3
Fire seems pretty broad to me. :P

Also, hello.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2012, 08:29:32 am »

Is it possible to...not choose magic? :3

Edit: And I intentional the health.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 08:43:01 am by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2012, 08:31:46 am »

Well, now on to finish my sheet.
I believe so, but you should get useful magic while you can. Because later on you'll get random schools of either limited or no use.
>Yes?

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2012, 08:34:14 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Correct me if I'm wrong - but won't bonuses just lead to more overshoots? Or do they only happen on natural 20s?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 08:47:32 am by Frajic »
EoS company name: Vikings Inc.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2012, 08:42:07 am »

Well, now on to finish my sheet.
I believe so, but you should get useful magic while you can. Because later on you'll get random schools of either limited or no use.
Well, got me there. 1 Defined school of magic coming up.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2012, 12:52:21 pm »

Hmm, making a sheet, thought I get the feeling I won't make the first player cut. O_o
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9