Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: SuperGenericRPG(With a crazy GM!)  (Read 9977 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SuperGenericRPG(With a crazy GM!)
« Reply #150 on: June 02, 2012, 06:42:56 pm »

Azerios was about to turn back and tell the rest of the party about his findings when he heard the sound of wood breaking apart. Great. He started to sprint towards the source of the sound and saw Eden standing there like the moron she is. That would not do.

Go to help the mages with the monsters, drag Eden unceremoniously to them as well and leave her with the rest of the spellcasters. Clench the spider sword between my teeth and try to break the pink spider's neck if it proves aggressive. Try talking to it before attacking just in case.
"What the hell are you?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 03, 2012, 05:34:21 pm »

Derm casts Dark Tendrils upon the hoard.
(5)
Through the Prismatic rod, the tendrils turn light to shadow, allowing them to grow everywhere!
(+2)

All the monsters are ensnared. They take very light damage from the coils.

------

The Pink Spider attempts to bite Eden, but the tendrils hold it back.
(3)
The tendrils keep their hold.

The man-newt struggled against the tendrils.
(5) to (3)
(4) to (6)
(1) to (4)

One of the tendrils loses hold, but is soon replaced by a new one.

The mimic tried to go back inside it's box.
(autosucceed)
A few of the tendrils slid out from the box lid, but kept it wrapped up.

------
Azerios dragged Eden to the battle, not that she wasn't going anyway.
Azerios tried talking to the spider.
"What's with you?"
"HISSSSSSSSSSSS"
"Can you understand me?"
"HISSSSSSSSSSSS"

He then charged it, and tried to break it's neck.
(5)
With a sickening crack, the spider fell.
Azerios learned Wringer (MP1)!

------

Nirur switched targets to the Mimic.
He casted Buckshot through his stone arm and his Spider Rod...
(13+1) (4)
The buckshot slammed into the solid box of the mimic, sealing the lid shut and damaging the wood.

Ochita prepares and casts Magic Missile at the manewt.
(6)
It overcharges!
The missile slams into the newt, ripping it from the tendrils and launching it to the back of the room! Only magic like Buckshot or Magic Missile will hit it now.

Manewt is unconscious.

Manewt has 54/62 HP
Pink Spider is dead
Mimic has ??/?? HP.

------
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 03, 2012, 05:37:12 pm »

Attempt to draw out their life force through the tendrils.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 03, 2012, 06:37:37 pm »

Grab the pink spider's soul and see how long I can hold it. (Don't waste a scroll. I need those for useful things!)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 03, 2012, 07:20:39 pm »

Azerios left Eden by his companions' side and had turned to the Pink Spider when it tried to bite Eden. Quite the stupid move when you are bound by tendrils of darkness. The soldier held his spider leg sword between his teeth to leave his hands free and broke the pink spider's neck junction after attempting diplomacy.

He turned around and examined the room. There were still a Mimic and an oversized Newt with muscular arms left alive. Well, the newt had a neck.

Move to the newt and use Wringer on him. ((Use Fisticuffs if possible to get a second chance at breaking its neck.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 03, 2012, 07:33:17 pm »

Try to combine magic missile and mana-bomb together, to cause a slightly explosive magical missile. Throw that at the mimic
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 05, 2012, 04:52:03 pm »

Ah, yes, sorry for the long wait everyone, between E3 and random duties at the house, I've been putting it all off~

You people are crazy amazing. Every time I think the system is solid and everything's about to get as linear as possible, Ochita goes on a blow-shit-up mission.

---THE ACTUAL TURN, YAY---
Ochita calls upon knowledge of advanced spellcasting from earlier days...
(4) Two different circles appear in both hands, one for Magic Missile, and one for Mana Bomb.
He brings them together slowly and deliberately as one would deal with a dangerous material, sacrificing an early go for a safe roll!
(3+1)

Nirur grasps the Pink Spider's soul, (2) and although it makes no real attempt to escape, it slips from his grasp easily. Although most souls are fragile, it does not break once it is released.

Derm funnels more mana into the tendrils, (3) but it seems like they don't do anything except reaffirm their hold upon the foes.

The manewt struggles against the tendrils (5) breaking free for a moment before Derm's rejuvenated tendrils grasp it once again.

The mimic stays still.

Azerios moves to the newt which had almost broken free, and uses Wringer! (6)
He accidentally rips it's head off! No mana was required to give his strength a push.

Ochita's spell comes together. (1)(6) (Holy tits.)
The missile fired out splits into five missiles, which auto-aim for the Mimic's weak spots! When they hit, a violent burst of mana rips the wood of the chest to pieces! The mimic has been slain! Ochita levels up! Ochita's Mana Bomb has been replaced by Manassault (MP6).

This is a vicious spell, capable of extreme damage. However, it also has the capability of going extremely bad. Use at your own risk.

Where three monsters once stood, three corpses now lie. Eden encourages everyone to relax a bit, as she scavenges the corpses with everyone else.

After she takes:
[Mimic Chest Splinters]
[Mimic Chest Metal Strips]
[Manewt Hide],
she sets about crafting something, as the others relax. She was adamant about not leaving this place until she was done crafting.

Otherwise, the only non-material drops was a single Mimic Fang Dagger. This can be used by everyone, but Mages still need a staff to use spells and it's worse than the stuff Azerios already has. It might be better to dismantle it.

Once everyone had rested, Eden finally finished her manic crafting.

Using all the crap she'd collected, she'd made an unnamed rod.
With an orb of Snowflake Obsidian set in a metal claw attached to a wooden staff, the claw and staff connected with a covering of hide, she'd crafted a staff that indeed looked like a professional weaponsmith's... but was it any useful? Only testing and use could unlock any secrets it would hold.

Spoiler: What it's hiding (click to show/hide)

If you didn't read that, you'll find out soon enough.

"It came out a lot better than I expected..."
"I think I'll call this one "Starlight Rod."

Everyone was amazed that a small girl could produce such a rod. Weaponsmiths were generally, like, muscular dudes. Covered in soot. Yet, her white robes were still pristine. How the hell did she do this?

"Oh, well, my father was a great smith, so i... kinda picked some stuff up, y'know?"
HP-Mana restored.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 05, 2012, 04:57:30 pm »

((I'm trying to understand the experience system. How did Ochita but not the rest of the group level up?))

Azerios sighs and shrugs. Whatever.

Pocket the Mimic Fang Dagger, get any remaining Material Drops and try to enhance own smithing and crafting by remembering how Eden did her stuff.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 10:35:56 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 05, 2012, 05:00:38 pm »

"Anyone want to learn my healing spell?"

Teach my healing spell to anyone who's interested in learning it.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 05, 2012, 05:09:57 pm »

I've lost all sense of everything. I have no idea whats happening, what I'm carrying, who is what or can do what, or where we are.

Go through the next door?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 05, 2012, 05:35:55 pm »

I've lost all sense of everything. I have no idea whats happening, what I'm carrying, who is what or can do what, or where we are.

Go through the next door?

I KNEW I FORGOT SOMETHING FFFFFFFFFFF

That info coming ASAP, but that's god-knows-when because suddenly everyone's breathing down my neck again.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 05, 2012, 05:51:21 pm »

Rerolling all {1}s really is far too powerful for an ability everyone starts with.

It'd be a bit more balanced if it only worked on fairly easy spells, when we're not currently being attacked. (I'm really not sure how to balance a level 1 reroll {1}s for melee characters. Perhaps it'd only work for the first round of any combat, and only when we're not being ambushed.)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 05, 2012, 06:06:08 pm »

Balancing.
((I like the reroll system. And we only reroll the first {1}. If you get another {1} then you are screwed.))
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]