Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: SuperGenericRPG(With a crazy GM!)  (Read 9984 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: SuperGenericRPG(With a crazy GM!)
« Reply #120 on: May 29, 2012, 09:52:49 pm »

Stats go up tomorrow assuming they weren't lying about math exams frying your brain for a week.

Nirur and Ochita talk with the white mage. Consoling: (2,4)=(Success)
"What's wrong?"
And if you thought the dialouge couldn't get more common...
"Are you OK?"
The diminutive mage shakily responds. "Y-y-yes, now I am."
"What's with the sudden dragon?"
"I kind of accidentally summoned it... umm... and it didn't like me."

-collective what the hell kind of mage are you glare-

"I-I was studying a theory of mana that my friend pioneered, and it sort of worked, but the results are... well, no mage would take them over regular spellcasting. It results in high failure at the chance of uncontrollably funneling tons of mana into a spell, and "Summon Rabbit" kinda became "Summon huge pissed-off dragon", and things went south, and, yeah."

"Speaking of which, what did your friend even do to it back there? You had my heart going a mile a minute, I thought you were one of those crazy Black Mages... the ones who worship "the Dark Lord" or whats-its, Catulu or something?"

Derm tries to use self control. (4)
He does shoot her a very angry gaze, which somehow misses. This oh-so-great bonding session continues a bit...

"What's in the box there, Derm?"

"It's a dead cat. Oh, and a bottle of something. I bet it's deadly, cat's dead."

"Did it have air holes?
"Errr..."

"Exactly."

New items up for grabs:
Dead Cat Materials
Bottle Of Unknown Something
-The bottle has a yellow-green glowing goop in it. It also attained alliteration ability.

ok ok I'll stop.

Azerion inquires about a gem necklace.

"O-oh, you mean this?"

The mage removes a hidden necklace from under her loose robes. Suspended by a simple gold chain was a clear gemstone, the base of which was reddish in color.

"I-I don't know how you knew about this, but it's my family heirloom. The story is, long ago, my lots-of-greats great grandpa was the best healer in the town, and one day, he had a dragon come up and snatch his daughter, and he went on a great journey, et cetera, until he got to the cave. Turns out he captured her thinking she was the healer, and didn't have the strength to return due to ailments my really-great great grandpa cured, the dragon giving him this necklace as a token of his appreciation. It's got a lot of pent-up mana, but it won't release it for anything."

Azerios was unsure of whether to believe her or call her out for lies right then- though, rational thought declared that even if her ancestry did take this, she had no part in it.

Technically. And she did rather like the thing.

"By the way, my name is Eden. I-I'm not a great adventurer, not really experienced, but I'd be glad to come along with you. I, err, my talents are both healing and appraisal... My mom is a great business conductor in high places. I don't see her much...

((Did forget to mention that against any real dragon, a roll of 6 on that Divine would have done little more than give it some feathers- it being summoned by rampant magic and whatnot made it appear strong but it was mostly just a magical anomaly created by plot crazy mages.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 10:01:59 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 29, 2012, 10:23:34 pm »

Azerios sighs. The bonding session made him slightly sick due to all that acting, but he still has some things to talk about with Eden. Or maybe not; the warrior wonders if he should tell the girl and the rest of the party about the dragon's unnatural interest in the necklace since only him had managed to understand the beast, or even the fact only the soldier managed to comprehend the dragon, for that matter. He decided to just shrug it off.

"Well, whatever. Let's rest then we move on. What is there?"
He questions the girl while nodding towards the doorway she had escaped from.

While resting, Azerios concentrates to see if he can reach his inner self. After resting is over, advance.

Edit: Use some drops of the potion on the cat corpse. Keep the corpse anyway if nothing happens.

((Edit:@GM: Sorry about that, but I sent another PM your way.))
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 11:34:59 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 29, 2012, 10:38:31 pm »

Derm grumbles. The cat was basically useless to him. No magical its whatsoever. THe potion however, was interesting. He pocketed it and tapped his foot impatiently, waiting for the designated meat shield. He supposed he could regenerate his mana in the meantime.

Recover mana.

(Where is my status?)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 10:40:28 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 29, 2012, 10:51:50 pm »

Derm grumbles. The cat was basically useless to him. No magical its whatsoever. THe potion however, was interesting. He pocketed it and tapped his foot impatiently, waiting for the designated meat shield. He supposed he could regenerate his mana in the meantime.

Recover mana.
((Derm spent almost all of his mana, making him nearly useless at the moment. It is best if we rest.))

Edit:
((The potion may be a ressurrection potion. We should use some drops of it on the cat and check the effects.))
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 11:33:26 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 30, 2012, 06:00:46 am »

Test Buckshot through my earth staff and stone arm at the wall.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 30, 2012, 09:25:24 am »

Loot the potion, and ask the white mage to teach me a healing spell
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 30, 2012, 12:36:21 pm »

I'm a slight bit saddened at you guys not knowing what the potion is, especially since the contents were set and required no rolls. Schrodinger's cat, anyone?

Everyone examines the potion. Dripping a small amount on the cat does absolutely nothing, until the mage speaks up.

"Hey! Wait! Don't touch that!"

Everyone kind of gives her the why-didn't-you-say-anything-earlier look.

"That's a really powerful poison. The bottle looks like it's not letting any fumes seep out, but inhale or let that stuff touch you and you're dead in a few minutes..."

Thankfully, no one got any on them.

Ochita asks Eden about healing spells, and if she has any she can teach.

"W-well, I'm not really great at teaching things, but I think I'm good enough at Dispel to... you know, teach it..."
(3-1) (2) [[She's not a good teacher, at all. In fact, she's kind of a ditz. So the -1 comes from that trait.]]
"W-well, you want to think about what you're curing when you cast Dispel... If it's a poison, you imagine it running through the poisoned person, and, you use your mana to sort of, like, expel it. You give it a real strong push, but you can't just let fly, or you'll hurt who you try to heal... You have to be calm, and you have to envision the ailment, then you push it out. That's... kinda how it works."

Ochita may know the mechanics, but the specifics are still unknown to him. Seeing it in action may help eventually.

Nirur switches staves and uses his rock arm and his oakroot rod together to cast Buckshot at the wall.

(5+1+1)
(The stone arm prevents ill effects, but takes away a roll point! -1)
(6)

The buckshot goes wild!
Small stones charged with mana fly forth and strike the wall, imbedding inside deeply! There's no way those are going to come out for a long, long time.

At the loud noise, Eden jumps a bit.
"W-what was that?"

"Just Buckshot. It looks like I'm destined to use Earth magic."

Azerios ignores the action for a moment and tries to connect to his inner self.
(4)
The moment is actually pretty calm, all things considered.
Azerion didn't really know exactly what he was looking for. He felt power, something that didn't feel the same as the powers that the others had. He was truly unique in this manner, but he still didn't know what exactly to make of it all. Nonetheless, the quick trip around his own mind left him more peaceful than before.

((I think I got everything... Going to be keeping stats on paper from now on, it's easier.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 12:53:24 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 30, 2012, 12:50:55 pm »

((Inner self as in "do I have some dragon in me or what"? Because Azerios is still not entirely conscious of his origins.))
>Yes?

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 30, 2012, 01:20:41 pm »

Lets go the way the dragon was at.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 30, 2012, 01:27:33 pm »

I'm a slight bit saddened at you guys not knowing what the potion is, especially since the contents were set and required no rolls. Schrodinger's cat, anyone?
((Why do you think I stayed away from it?))

Follow the group as we continue onwards!
Cast Arcane Siphon.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 30, 2012, 01:29:07 pm »

((I got the Schrodinger's cat thing, but you know, Adventure!))

Azerios sighed and flexed his arm, staring for some time at his right hand's palm. Well, time to move onwards.

Advance through the path the dragon appeared from.
>Yes?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 30, 2012, 02:15:39 pm »

Are you skipping actions every turn or something? I don't even appear anywhere! That was a rollable action!

Also, The potion was mine, I picked it up. I never said use it on the cat. Don't put actions in my mouth. I knew what it was, I just don't meta game because Schrodinger doesn't exist in the setting.

Onwards.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 31, 2012, 12:30:52 pm »

((Derm, it was technically rollable but by that I assumed that you meant to simply wait and let it charge naturally- which is what everyone seemed to be doing anyway. Plus, Azerios wanted to test the cat. I wrote it as a scene. I'll try to keep things a bit more separated from now on, but a few drops doesn't really count unless you abuse the "a few drops" every turn or so...))

The whole party moved forwards, Eden naturally falling in behind everyone else.

Nirur casts Mana Siphon (3).
It works, but dosen't quite deliver the same amount of drawing power Nirur believes it should. Nonetheless, it manages to replenish his mana back to it's full amount.

Everyone's HP and Mana are filled.

((Eden's values aren't set just yet but they will be come either the upcoming turn or after that.

This is also the first RtD I've ever brought to life. I'm actually valuing those times you call me out on something, it's helping.))

As for what was in Dragon Room...

It was a fairly large room, the middle of which had a large magic circle with books, notes, and bottles strewn all about it. It looks like this is what Eden used to accidentally summon the dragon.

For a magic circle, it was fairly intricate. Eden explained that the reason she was using such a large circle for a rabbit was so she could get every detail just right.

Aside from that, there was a door to the left and a door straight ahead. There was a bit of residual mana still in the air from Eden's miscasting.

There was an oversized newt in the corner. It made a "gunk" noise at the party, then just kinda sat there.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 31, 2012, 12:34:58 pm »

Azerios stared at the oversized newt. Was that also...
"...Part of your experiences?"
He questioned Eden while nodding towards the newt.

Open and check both doors.
>Yes?

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 31, 2012, 01:19:20 pm »

Loot all of the interesting books. As well as whatever bottles still have potions in.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11