Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: SuperGenericRPG(With a crazy GM!)  (Read 10009 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: SuperGenericRPG(With a crazy GM!)
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2012, 03:06:25 pm »

((Damn, these were some weird rolls. Nirur, you went about doing the cleansing wrong- using it makes weird stuff happen. Thank Ochita.))

Derm and Azerios look into the chest.
(3+5)
The chest didn't even have a lock.
Inside was:
Crafting Kit x4 (Auto-distribute)
Prismatic Staff x1 (Mages)
Note:
"Adventurers. I have identified green, bubbly potions to be Potions of Minor Mutation. Drink at your own risk."
Note:
"This chest is property of Guild Mercomp."
------
Azerios picks up and examines his new weaponry, and uses his new crafting kit to make a crude helmet(4). It's not storebought quality, but it's well made.

((Oh, by the way, Azerios is really close to level 2.))

Azerios's New Stuff:
Exoskeleton Breastplate (No effect.)
(5,120,6)
Spider Leg Saber (May inflict Fear.)
(12,8,1)
Spider Head Helm (No effect.)
(2,20,4)
------
Meanwhile, Nirur casts Buckshot at a nearby wall.
(1+1)
His mana surges, but closes in upon itself! It engulfs his right arm (casting arm), the mana deeply ingraining itself into it! First, tattoo-like markings appear, with a magic circle embedded in the shoulder! Once the mana stops flowing in, the circle glows!

Nirur's Right Arm has become a stone arm. It is articulate. It has magical properties.

The excess mana remains in much smaller increments.

Ochita uses Mana Siphon on Nirur.
(5)
It does well, removing the rest of the excess mana and stabilizing the entire area once more.

Everyone has full HP.
MP levels:
Azerios: 5MP
Nirur: 9MP
Derm:4MP
Ochita: 15 MP

The chest is now empty. The fountain is still there. Neither door is locked.

-EVENT-

"I think it's time I check up on you guys, you've been doing well."
Telloh appeared before the group.
"You should try religion- it'll give you nice things if you do nice things- like an endless circle of back-scratching!"
The diminutive fox-girl made an eccentric motion.
"Personally, I think that Vitrius, God of Magic or Klina, Goddess of Music would make good choices- that's kinda because they're my parents though."
"You can pray to either one, or a god/goddess you've seen before, know about, or have been to their shrine. To join a religion is easy, but afterward, it may be best to carry a statue or be near an altar so you can fully reap the rewards. Also... you shouldn't switch religions a lot... you might start a heavenly war."

"No. That's bad, so like, don't do it."
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2012, 03:10:54 pm »

"Derm stared coldly at the fox girl. "I already have a..." he paused. "God. Master. Whatever you may call it. I don't much think the others would take kindly to me."
Derm grabs the prismatic staff, then eyes the potion. With a shrug, sends it down his gullet.He then moves on to the next door.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 03:23:45 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2012, 03:14:01 pm »

Derm grabs the prismatic staff, and attempts to craft a wizardly hat with the kit?

He eyes the potion, and with a shrug, sends it down his gullet.

He then moves on to the next door.

Dear god, Derm. This is going to be fun.

You need materials- monsters will start to drop them, but anything you kill's corpse is also viable- just like that Spider Head Helm. That corpse has no head anymore so you can't make another, but if it's there, use it.

You could try for Spider Silk something-or-another if you want the hat.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2012, 03:16:43 pm »

Try to cast something that can identify nirur's new arm.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2012, 03:17:00 pm »

Ah, then I'll take the spider silk but wait until I can add in an inherently magical material.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2012, 03:20:10 pm »

((Is anyone taking the Spider Rod?))

Azerios stares without any hint of interest at the fox-girl. Staaaare. He is not very fond of religion, and even if the Gods bestowed gifts upon their loyal sycophants, he could be proud in saying there was no way he would pray to one of those. He would visit their altars and analyze them out of curiosity, but he wants to be greater than a God. The young warrior is ambitious, and he would not bow down to such beings which would only limit his potential.

Loot any remains from the spider for future crafting - especially its fangs - and open the door the spider was in front of.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2012, 03:25:20 pm »

Ah, there we go. Basically, looting bodies is a viable option, and one that's quite a good thing.
You now have:

2 Piles Spider Silk
A very smooth cloth when woven, but hard to work with.
5 Vials Spider Ichor
Often used in potions using poison ingredients.
2 Tarantula Fangs
Large enough to be a dagger, these massive fangs lack venom.
Spider Hairs
Thin, small hairs useful for potion-making.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2012, 03:39:09 pm »

((@GM: Any venom? And I PM'ed you with a question by the way.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2012, 03:47:10 pm »

((@GM: Any venom? And I PM'ed you with a question by the way.))
((No venom- those kinds come later. You'll get your venom coated weapons soon enough.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2012, 04:16:14 pm »

((I'd like to point out Nirur stone arm is actually nice. I bet he can punch people way more effectively now. Although I suspect it is insensitive as well, which is also an advantage in combat.))
>Yes?

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2012, 04:30:40 pm »

((well, I want to identify it. Maybe its useful in magic somehow?))
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2012, 04:34:30 pm »

((I didn't actually want to purge the mana overdose from myself, and wanted to see what would happen ... I should've used heal, to see what sort of change I got from it.))

"I'll hold out for a more specific god than 'magic,' as helpful as I'm sure Vitrius would be. I don't need any angry gods after me for converting away from them."

Analyze what happened! I must learn to control it and self-transform!
Take the spider rod to see what it does.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 28, 2012, 05:53:05 pm »

Azelios opens the door behind the spider. It leads to a dimly lit hallway, with a closed door at the end of it.

Everyone looks at Nirur's new arm. It seems to be an enhancement that will not change back.

Azelios tries punching it, but it's hard as rock. Nirur feels nothing.

Ochita examines it very thoroughly. The magic inscription on the arm is very similar to the circles that Summoner mages use. It seems to have the words:
"Earthen Transformation Golem Binding" written in mage language.

The arm is responsive, but does not immediately give away any secrets. If something were to happen, however, maybe something could be learned?

Nirur picks up the spider rod in his stone arm, careful not to break it. It seems that he hasn't gained any super-strength, but his fist IS as hard as stone- literally. He tries sending mana through the staff.

His stone arm's inscriptions pulse green. The same green mana flows through the Spider Leg Rod, which releases the energy as a bolt of mana.

When the bolt strikes the wall, a film is left behind that slowly crystallizes.

When Nirur weilds the Spider Leg Staff, his Magic Missile gaines the added effect of solidification.

Derm quaffs the entire bubbling, green potion.

He begins to feel strange...

He feels his back start to feel really hot. He removes his shirt for a moment, only for large feathered wings to burst forth from his back! After cutting proper holes in his clothes, he puts his armor back on.

Derm can now fly.

After resting a bit, everyone's mana is back at it's full capacity.

The door at the end of the newly found hallway seems to be shaking, like there was something behind it.

------

Dear god, dear god, dear god. I didn't need but three rolls for all this luckily, and those were just for the mutations.

By the way- the Spider Leg Staff would have given Poison to any offensive spell cast with it, but using Nirur's arm, that changes to Solidify. It's like coating your enemies in rock candy.

The Prismatic Rod is also fun- it gives three spells, but only one is useful right now-
Light Ball (MP1)- Once this is cast, a bright light follows the caster around. It takes 1 mana a turn, which is the same as saying you lose your mana regeneration (which is 1 per turn.) After it is cast, it can be kept up while other spells are cast.
Laser (MP2)- A weak burst of mana converted into white light. It can burn things if applied enough.
Divinity(MP10)- Light is cast down from the heavens...

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 28, 2012, 05:57:54 pm »

I am now a winged anthropomorphic squid.

Yes.

Though the viability of flying in a dungeon is presumably limited.

"Interesting... my lord would be pleased." The Illithid glanced at his 'companions.' "Get moving, warrior we've got places to be."

I prepare magic missile.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 06:05:36 pm by dermonster »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 28, 2012, 06:06:47 pm »

((Did I spontaneously learn Magic Missile?))

Follow the group, taking up a position at the back. Try casting my earth spell through the earth staff with my stone arm at the wall, to see if my stone arm changes the spell.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11