Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: SuperGenericRPG(With a crazy GM!)  (Read 10001 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SuperGenericRPG(With a crazy GM!)
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2012, 03:49:22 pm »

All right. Now it's kind of a fight to see who gets the spot- I'm still giving this about 4 hours (Would have been a day but then I got ZERGRUSHED with excited potential players... and it might work best for timezones...
It will turn into a bio-war. Also, does that bronze armor give any defensive power even if it is not implied with a direct bonus to the rolls? I suppose you'll scale the damage according to the type of armor, am I right?

Also, my soldier will fight with his fists. Like a badassstreet bum.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2012, 03:55:50 pm »

Ninja'd me before I could write the stats... But there they are. You got damn good armor, it will last probably even after it becomes obsolete, and the leggings may add an additional bonus.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2012, 03:57:56 pm »

What? I got relocated to waitlist after being in the #1 spot? THIS WILL NOT DO!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2012, 04:08:53 pm »

when you were put on #1 it was because I stopped keeping order of which was truly where- you were technically 3rd for a while before fourth.

However, if few other people pop up, I may- maybe make the starting part 6 people. And you have time to improve the bio.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2012, 04:11:03 pm »

Mine is fixed BTW, bio incoming.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2012, 04:20:54 pm »

I can affirm that dermonster's current bio is better fleshed-out than Spinal_Taper's.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2012, 04:25:29 pm »

*Cheerfully closes edit post box.*
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2012, 04:28:15 pm »

And, in turn, I have closed my edit box.

In fact, Derm, you're probably pretty safe for a while.

If one more player pops up, I'm finalizing the list and the rolls, and getting the first post up, if not, it goes up around 8PM EST.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2012, 04:33:58 pm »

We have three mages and a soldier. (Two elves, a dohvakiin, and an Illithid)

Nirur - White?
Ochita - Red - Sage
Me - Black.

Calleath - Scout - Dragoneer.

So Calleath in front, he scouts and semi-tanks, I rain down annihilation, Ochita provides support, and Nirur heals maybe?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 04:35:51 pm by dermonster »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2012, 04:37:34 pm »

Yeah, I felt a little obligated to pick a melee semi-tanking/dps class since people seem fond of staying back and not dying. I am just I got that nice armor roll.

The Dragoneer is also a nice excuse for going dragon on the enemies in the future in any way possible.
>Yes?

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2012, 05:08:47 pm »

The staffs will grant some early magic, and in fact, I'll go ahead and tell you what they are because
HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS, THIS IS THE FIRST GAME POST

no, really.

---
"I don't really give a rat's ass about why you want into the godforsaken dungeon. Just go already."
The entrance guard was extra friendly today.

Azerios, Nirur, Derm, and Ochita stood before the heavy metal doors between them and the dungeon cave.
"...Your guardian is Telloh... Interesting one. Good luck, you'll damn sure need it.

And with that, the doors were opened. Standing there was a small Kitsune girl. She was dressed in glorious robes, and held a very large wooden staff.
"I'm your guardian. I can't fight, and in fact, I'm not actually standing here. I'm a demigod that enjoys adventurers, so i decided to become the guardian for you people. My job is to give you annoying restrictions and benefits that actually do something from time to time. I also replace your dead party members with live ones. I'll see you later!"

The kitsune, Telloh, vanished.

"Well, get going. I don't have the time to watch you lolligag around."

When the party entered the door, some of their weapons glowed.

Nirur has learned a restoration spell, Magic Medic(MP2)! (This heals one unit at a time, at any range.)
Nirur has learned a Earth spell, Buckshot(MP4) (This spell can hit multiple units from 1-2 range.)
Derm has learned a Dark spell, Dark Tendrils(MP6)!(This spell hits all enemies on a floor, with a chance to paralyze)
Derm has learned a classic spell, Magic Missile(MP3)! (This spell hits one unit at 1-4 range.)
Ochita has learned a Earth spell, Buckshot(MP4)!(This spell can hit multiple units from 1-2 range.)
Ochita has learned a classic spell, Magic Missile(MP3)! (This spell hits one unit at 1-4 range.)
Azerios has learned a Soldier skill, Fisticuffs(MP2)! (This spell attacks while unarmed twice instead of once.)

You enter the dungeon. You walk along a narrow hallway for a bit, until you reach a fairly small room. There is enough room to spread out. The room is a square shape. There is an open door to the left. There is a closed door straight ahead. There is a humanoid shape in to the right, it seems to be asleep. The walls, floor, and ceiling is hard and rocky. The room is well lit with torches.

((Character sheets coming up as you guys post your actions.))
Character sheets up.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 05:24:38 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2012, 06:03:03 pm »

"Well guys.. I guess we should get going.. Hm? Whats that?"

Look at the humanoid shape, prepare a magic missile at the shape, but don't fire it off yet."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2012, 06:33:05 pm »

Azerios stretches a little after entering the dungeon and faces the humanoid shape. How come it is only a "shape" when the room is brightly lit by the torches?

Examine the humanoid shape.
>Yes?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2012, 06:35:14 pm »

Sparing not a glance at the man shape, Derm heads off and peeks into the left doorway.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2012, 06:36:12 pm »

((Bio updated))
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11