Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: SuperGenericRPG(With a crazy GM!)  (Read 9994 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
SuperGenericRPG(With a crazy GM!)
« on: May 27, 2012, 02:43:37 pm »

Yeah, so this is a super-generic dungeon crawling RtD...
Except that I'm insane and like to screw with everyone. So things can go horribly, horribly wrong. Easily. But they can also go right, in insane ways.

Anyway, I'm offering four positions and a waitlist- if you're pulled into the game and would have had low stats, we -assume- you've been training and you're bumped up in levels.

Death is not permanent in two ways.
Firstly, if a revival item is used before combat ends, the character comes back at whatever amount of HP the item/skill restores.
Secondly, even if you aren't revived, you get one more turn to do something. You can observe something, interact with another character, or whatever, before dying. It's more of a way to give you a death message. You can also re-sign up.

So the game itself:
There are three classes which can be expanded upon at certain levels. Different classes net different skills.
Spoiler: Mage (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: RedMage(Lv5) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: SpellSword(Lv10) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sage(Lv10) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: BlackMage(Lv5) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Summoner(Lv10) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elementalist(Lv10) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: WhiteMage(Lv5) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Healer(Lv10) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Preist(Lv10) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Soldier (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gladiator(Lv5) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Berserker(lv10) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Zweihand(Lv10) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Scout(Lv5) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dragoneer(Lv10) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Samurai(Lv10) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Defender(Lv5) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Paladin(Lv10) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bodyguard(Lv10) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Archers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flintlock(Lv5) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Powderlocks(Lv10) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cannoneers(Lv10) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hunter(Lv5) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crossbowyer(Lv10) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Assassin(Lv10) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ranger(Lv5) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Trapper(Lv10) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Naturalist(Lv10) (click to show/hide)
Those are the class trees- everyone starts at Lv1.

The leveling/stats system works as follows:
Everyone starts with 12 stat points to spend on four stats:
HP: 1 point here results in an additional 5 HP for your character.
Offense: 3 points here results in a boost to offensive abilities. (there's a reason I'm not directly saying +1 to rolls, that's not the only thing that happens, you could gain a roll mod or even learn a new skill.)
Defense: 3 points here results in a boost to defensive abilities.
MP: 1 point here results in 3 MP. MP is used for most, if not all skills.

Spoiler: baseclass (click to show/hide)
It may seem like a lot, but I'll tell you exactly what to put in it. For instance, if your mage learns Fireball, I'll tell you:
BillTheMageMonkey has learned Fireball(3MP)!
BobTheAdventureMonkey has picked up three pieces of bread! 3 Bread

Generally it's whatever has color that you put in your stats screen.

Leveling up gets you two points to put into your character. Each character has a hidden amount of EXP they need to level up (based on rolls. Upon death, you'll see up to lv 10 the total exp needed.)

Lastly, there's weapons/armor/items. Any loot dropped will have names in parenthesis if that person(s) can equip it, no names mean it's useless.

Weapons have an average attack stat, an MoE stat, and a range stat.
Attack is average damage, MoE is the fluctuation of damage based on roll, and range is about how far your weapon reaches.

Armor has defense, durability, and activate stats.
Defense is how much damage it deflects, durability is an indication of how much longer it will hold out, and activate is a number that influences whether the armor is calculated or not- boots and the like have one or two, activating 1/6 or 1/3 of the time, and chestplates often have 5 or 6. The higher the number, the better the chance of activating when attacked.

Items come in different categories based on color.
Orange are consumables, that heal, dispel effects, or whatever. Anyone can use them if they have them.
Blue items are books, scrolls, or what-have-you. Books can teach spells, scrolls can give effects when read.
Purple is for Potion. Again, they can have very varied effects.
Navy is for misc. items, like quest items.
Yellow is for gold.

Skills also come in different colors, but it's just so I can find them easily.

---So that's it.---
Your character sheets will have blank spots and that's ok. Once they're accepted, those will be filled in by roll.

It's also first come first serve, but a more complete or full bio may put you above one like BobTheAdventreMonkey's.

Feel free to make your adventurer whatever race or whatever you want, it might just net you abilities.

Any questions (FAQ as well) or things I missed will go in this post or the next one. The third is for waitlist and for known potion/scroll/book listing, so that if you read a scroll of fireball, you know that similar scrolls are not "Old Scroll Labled "BFAILRLE" but are "Fireball Scroll".

[/spoiler]
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: SuperGenericRPG(With a crazy GM!)
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 02:44:16 pm »

Second Post Reserved For FAQ and anything I missed
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 02:45:06 pm »

Third Post Reserved For PlayerList, Wait List, and KnownItemList.

Player List:
1.Azerios Wassaer
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

2.Nirur

3.Derm
4.Ochita

-----
Waitlist:
1.Spinal_Taper
2.GENERIWARRIOR
3.Theria Ravon

-----
Known Items:
-----
The Pregame Order Of Who's Gettin In First
1.Azerios Wassaer (Caellath) [SOLDIER]
2.Nirur (Nirur Torir)              [MAGE]
3.Derm (dermonster)[MAGE]
4.Ochita (Ochita)               [MAGE]

These are no longer in any particular order.

Waitlisted:
Spinal (Spinal_Taper)        [ARCHER]
GENERIWARRIOR (Scelly9)  [SOLDIER]
Incomplete/Needs Revision
- Skills must be empty/Equipped Items must be empty/if you don't want any changes to anything else I'll do that myself though.

Actually, that kinda goes for everyone- I'm not asking for how far your eyes are apart of what your veiws on black holes are, but a backstory or something is a great addition that will get you in that much quicker.

Weapon Rolls Completed-
Nirur-(4)[Large Oakroot Rod](This rod gives +1 roll to any Earth spell.)
(3,2,1) [[This is those stats in order- average 3 damage, plus or minus 2 damage, with a very close range (melee)
Spinal-(3)[Old Wooden Bow](This bow gives no bonuses.)
(6,3,2-4)[[Range: 1= melee, 2= short distance, 3= easily visible, 4= good distance away, 5= barely visible, 6=impossible range]]
Derm-(6)[Muckroot Claw Rod](This bow gives +1 roll to Dark spells. Dark spells casted may gain additional effects.)
(4,1,1)
Azerios-(1)(Dang, I was actually hoping for a better roll myself.)
(3,1,1)
Ochita-(4)[Smithy's Steel Rod](This rod gives all spells +1 MP cost and +1 to roll.)
(5,3,1)
GENERIWARRIOR-(4)[Dwarven War Hammer](This warhammer has a very very slight chance to cause a very Dwarfy effect.)
(5,4,1)
Armor Rolls Completed-
Nirur-(2)[Traveler's Light Clothes](This light armor gives no bonuses.)
(1,100,6) [[This armor prevents 1 point of damage, is still in pristine condition, and always activates.]]
Spinal-(4)[Fine Leather Jacket](+1 to defensive rolls against the opposite sex.)
(3,200,4)
Derm-(2)[Traveler's Light Clothes]
(1,100,6)
Azerios-(5)[Bronze Chestplate]+[Bronze Leggings](Neither armor gives bonuses.)
(4,500,6)/(2,500,2)
Ochita-(5)[Discount Cosmic Robes](Gives a +1 to Initiative.)
(2,100,6)
GENERIWARRIOR-(1)[Neon Green Loincloth](Glows in the dark.)
(1,50,6) [[Magically always activates.]]
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 01:51:57 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 02:53:34 pm »

Name: GENERIWARRIOR
Bio: GENERIWARRIOR enjoys killing. He has fought for the power of goodtm ever since his adoptive family was slaughtered by assassins. trying to kill hims since he was actually the son of a distant king. This king contacted him and sent him on a quest to kill a dragon and rescue the princess of a distant kingdom. Unfortunately, he was unsuccessful and was exiled until such time as he proved himself.
Class: Soldier
Equipped Items:
-----
Skills:
Inventory:
5Gold
Bread
-----
CurrentStats:
HP: 10(2)
MP: 3(1)
Off: 2(6)
Def: 1(3)
-----
Bonuses:
Offensive rolls of 1 are rerolled once.
Defensive rolls of 1 are rerolled once.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 06:21:40 pm by Scelly9 »
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 02:56:37 pm »

'It may seem like a lot, but I'll tell you exactly what to put in it. For instance, if your mage learns Fireball, I'll tell you:'
  'I'll tell you exactly what to put in it'

Uh, the GM takes care of the stat sheet and such. Always. No exceptions. If we learn a spell, you put it on the skill list.

Name: Derm
Race: Illithid diguised as a human
Bio: Derm likes to kill things. He really likes to kill things. And experiment. Usually with killing things in mind. He also puts minimal effort to discriminate between friend or foe, and tends to freestyle his spellcasting. He was kicked out of GeneriMagic Acadamy for practicing illegal rituals, and has an inexplicably large bounty from the elven nations for destroying the sacred tree of Gunari.
Class: Mage
Equipped Items:
-----
Skills:
Inventory:
5Gold
Bread
-----
CurrentStats:
HP:  2
MP: 4
Off: 6
Def: 0
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 03:32:58 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 03:06:09 pm »

Uh, the GM takes care of the stat sheet and such. Always. No exceptions. If we learn a spell, you put it on the skill list.
There've been a few games where the players took care of them. This seems complicated enough that it might warrant it.

Name: Nirur
Race: Elf
Bio: Nirur is an abject coward. The only reason he's in a dungeon at all is because he accidentally insulted the wizard mafia by declining their "generous offer." At the time he entered, it seemed like he had better chances in the dungeon.
Equipped Items:
-----
Skills:
Inventory:
5Gold
Bread
-----
CurrentStats:
HP: 10(2)
MP: 9(3)
Off: 1(4)
Def: 1(3)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 03:16:15 pm by Nirur Torir »

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2012, 03:08:55 pm »

mentally slaps self

Totally forgot that I was going to post them in the second post- slapslapslap.

Anyway... I was going for something, i don't know, a bit more realistic... But whatever, can't be choosy this early. Kinda my fault for having a two-sentence example, but still.
If you don't specify your race, you're automatically a human, which never gains any skills from the start.

Name:
Bio:
Class:
Equipped Items:
-----
Skills:
Inventory:
5Gold
Bread
-----
CurrentStats:
HP:
MP:
Off:
Def:

Character Sheet Blank 1.0

If you want to revise anything, go ahead, but if not, I'll go ahead and roll up your random start gear- that rusty class weapon is a 2, so it dosen't get much worse (A one is nothing- which sucks, but it isn't horrible for anything except an Archer.)

Nirur, I may have you copy/paste the status screen into a spoiler every so often- I had been thinking that the whole time. I don't think it's too horribly complicated though.

Also, you've been bumped to first because your bio has a backstory detail (albiet only one). You still have time, like everyone else, to do editing AS SOON AS THIS POST MAKES IT UP. Ninjas.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2012, 03:12:20 pm »

Name:Spinal
Race:Elfish
Bio:As an elfish male, Spinal did stuff with nature sometimes. He also likes bows. Cuz he's elfish.
Class:Archer
Equipped Items:
-----
Skills:
Inventory:
5Gold
Bread
-----
CurrentStats:
HP:2
MP:4
Off:6
Def:0

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2012, 03:19:42 pm »

Name: Ochita
Race: Elf
Bio: Ochita's a sickly magi in training, who wishes to become a sage, and so he decided to go dungeon crawling, to grab new spells and magical items. As well as riches, everyone loves riches.
Equipped Items:
-----
Skills:
Inventory:
5Gold
Bread
-----
CurrentStats:
HP: 5 (1)
MP: 15 (5)
Off: 1 (3)
Def: 1 (3)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2012, 03:22:44 pm »

Name: Azerios Wassaer
Race: Human. Has some dragon blood.
Bio: Born to unknown parents, Azerios spent most of his childhood in an orphanage. The place was not excessively bad, and a couple of the employees actually seemed to like him, as he was slightly brighter than some of the criminals-in-training that dwelled inside the building. With time the living conditions became harsher and the place finally shut down, leaving him alone and without any support but to try and make a living as he could. The boy left his former life of fending for his food on the streets for a life of adventuring as soon as he was able to hold weapons properly. He is fond of spearfighting and his most cherished dream is being able to make a name for himself as a valiant spear warrior, focusing on speed primarily and maybe secondarily on defense, although he is not very sure about keeping his second path. The youth decided to wander into the dungeon to acquire the means to leave behind his former life as a street orphan, which he does not hold very dear. His hair is black and his eyes blue. His skin is white.
Class: Soldier
Equipped Items:
-----
Skills:
Inventory:
5Gold
Bread
-----
CurrentStats: 12 points
HP: 20 (4)
MP: 6 (2)
Off: 1 (3)
Def: 1 (3)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 04:18:53 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2012, 03:25:30 pm »

I will get on that as soon as bay12 stops being a dick what with the taking ten friggen minutes to load a damn page.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2012, 03:29:11 pm »

All right. It's not like that for me... Must be connection problems.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2012, 03:31:23 pm »

Updated my sheet. After editing hell.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2012, 03:39:48 pm »

Now my sheet is ok. Sorry, got distracted.
>Yes?

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2012, 03:46:33 pm »

All right. Now it's kind of a fight to see who gets the spot- I'm still giving this about 4 hours (Would have been a day but then I got ZERGRUSHED with excited potential players... and it might work best for timezones...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11