Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: SuperGenericRPG(With a crazy GM!)  (Read 9974 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: SuperGenericRPG(With a crazy GM!)
« Reply #135 on: May 31, 2012, 01:45:12 pm »

Enter Waitlist

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 31, 2012, 01:53:37 pm »

Loot some books on summoning.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 31, 2012, 02:25:01 pm »

Delve into a random book.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 31, 2012, 09:54:46 pm »

Everything -should- be moved to the all new paper format. After this turn, Eden's stats will be solidified.

Everyone began looking through the books, Eden admitting she didn't even know what was in half of them. As the others did their natural looting process, she walked over to the giant gecko.
Azerios had to ask about it.
"No, it wasn't here before, but I didn't see it come in..."

"Hi there, Mr. Gecko."

"Glunk."

She turned to the party.
"I think it likes m-"
The gecko unceremoniously licked Eden.

"Glunk."

"...I don't think I'm ready for that kind of relationship, Mr. Gecko."
"Glunk."
------
There were a lot of books, papers in, out, all over the place with notes and diagrams. There were potions around, and anything salvageable
was promptly labeled by Eden. 
Derm just grabbed a book at random and looked at it. (5)
He managed to find "Dark Arts Volume 4: Predation"
Flipping through the book, few pages had anything readable by a mage who had just started out, but...
(3) A note inside the book did diagram a rather simple magic circle and a legible incantation.
Consume, be consumed, wither, die
From day to dusk, dusk to night
Cruel cogs turn and time passes by
Age, slow, weaken, stop
Starlight disappears behind the night sky
Stop time's flow with darkness right

It looked doable, if he happened to chance upon a magic writing utensil. He could possibly have carved the circle as well, but he had no suitable tool. He asked Eden about it (2) but she had used her last piece of fairy dust chalk on the circle that summoned a dragon.

Nirur hunts for books on Summoning. (3)
He almost gave up the search when he uncovered "A Summoner's Repository Volume 2: Basic Pacts".
It was a book containing the knowledge of many, many summoners across the land. The variety of magical writings could make someone's head spin...

(6)

However, this volume seemed to have plenty of legible text. Nirur skimmed through it, there not being a lot of text on spells themselves but rather the method of summoning known as "pacting", where one can capture a beast's soul and then be able to summon it.
Nirur found most of what he'd need to start this practice in the back of the book- blank pages with minute magical charge, a glove capable of handling souls (nonarmor) and a alraune-wood pencil. The pencil wouldn't be enough to inscribe a large circle, but it had enough lead to allow Nirur to make (4) four soul-capture scrolls. ((Use them on a defeated foe, learn to summon them!))

Ochita did a bit more of a broad search. Looking at everything, (1) Ochita found no books or papers of interest. He actually managed to trip over one, (3) but he caught himself in time. He did ask the others to keep a look out for books on healing arts.

Azerios passed by all of the mage chaos, and looked through the doors in this place (4). Both led to rather uneventful hallways, but one seemed to have some kind of ore in the walls. It was yellow in color, but was bland. It did not glow, was not particularly shiny, it was just... there.

The left hallway took a sharp turn back the way they came from, and the straight door lead to a hallway that ended in a door. The door was pretty rickety, but didn't look the same as the other doors.

The vials, bottles, and flasks of various liquids, rocks, and powders were collected up. Eden did her best to point out what was what.

"Well, this is all the crap I brought but didn't need- feel free to take whatever you want, I already got what I needed."
She identified 6 potions total:
"Light blue, swirly": Potion of Mana Restoration  ((Obvious))
"Red and pink, swirly": Potion of Berserk Rage    ((Makes a character go berserk. Offensive rolls +3, but no defense rolls will be taken- even for armor.))
"Clear, cloudy, bubbling": Potion of Inner Warmth  ((Good for those really cold moments.))
"Dark blue and black, icy": Potion of Evil Ink  ((Can be interesting. Can be filled into a pen, or splashed onto something. If splashed, it writes whatever it wants to.))
"Green, white, fizzling": Mistake Potion ((Unknown what it does, Eden accidentally mixed two potions.))
"Pink, crackling": Potion of Amnesia ((Obvious))

She identified three powders.
"Shiny, blue-green dust": Northern Fairy Dust. ((While each fair dust has it's own properties, these are simple and straight up filled with mana. that's it.))
"Red and Yellow, mixed up": Ground Sand Serpent Scales
((Useful for clearing up head-based maladies such as headaches, confusion, or amnesia. It needs to be taken with some form of drink though.))
"Beige, light-colored": Ruin Sand
((Sand from some old ruins. Carries faint mana traces.))

She identified four kinds of rocks.
Snowflake Obsidian: Black with white specks like snow.
((Can be crushed up, or used as a material. Useful in both dark and light araments.))
Rose Quartz:
((Can be crushed, or used as a material. Often used in accessories, but can form cruel blades as well.))
Pyrite:
((Fool's Gold. Can be crushed, or used as a material. Used in flashy but cheap wear or on decorated items.))
Orichalcum
((A fairly rare stone that carries a lot of mana stored inside. It's useful in rods, and when crushed, in medicine.))

Potions are normal.
Powders can be ingested with a drink, mixed in with a potion, or thrown at an enemy.
Rocks serve as materials, but can carry properties of their own.

Eden labled everything, then took the Snowflake Obsidian.
"Whoops. Forgot I need this for something I want to make."

Most of the books had already been looked at, but (5) Ochita managed to miraculously spot a book on healing arts.
(2) Sadly, most of the text was too advanced, but the section on Dispel rehashed what Eden had told him in more distinct, clear terms. He figured he could try it on someone and have it work, and after asking Eden if he was doing it right, she agreed with him.

Ochita has learned Dispel(MP2)
((Dispel clears all but the most complicated status effects.))

Derm has the makings of a new spell. It should be easy to test.

No one is hurt. Everyone has full Mana. Eden is slightly disturbed by gecko saliva.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 31, 2012, 10:03:00 pm »

((This is the point where you make a centralized status in your own posts.

No way in hell I'm keeping track of all that.))

Take the mana restoration, the fairy dust, and the Orichalum.
Onwards, to that rickety door!
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 31, 2012, 10:10:41 pm »

Azerios looked around. Not much to get, but nothing to lose.

Take the Potion of Inner warmth and the Rose Quartz then move to the hallway with the ore.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 31, 2012, 10:18:02 pm »

Take the mistake potion, Ruin sand, and ground serpent scales.

Forward!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 02, 2012, 10:20:28 am »

auto'd Nirur, since he has no note of absence, he's got maybe two more turns to respond before he explodes in a cloud of gore.
------
Inventory will go up next turn, because there's nothing to loot here and I have to double check everything. Weapons and armors are already allocated correctly.

It seems everyone wants to go in a different direction. Which is fine.
------
For balance, since Ochita specified not which way to go, and Nirur is autoed, it's 2,2, and Eden at random.
------
Ochita and Azerion go to check out the hallway with the ore. The ore does not react when they come close.
It would be wise to look for a digging implement eventually.
(5)
They looked around the corner and found a door, this one in fine condition.
It had a label.
"General Store"
How inventive.
------
Derm and Nirur went to the rickety door.
(3) As they opened it, the planks that made up it's structure fell apart.
On the other side was a fairly expansive room, this one containing three monsters.
To the left was another oversized spider, this one pink, however.
Straight ahead was what looked like another newt. This one had man-arms. Big, muscular ones.
To the right was a mimic. It was not even bothering luring you in, it was hungry.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 02, 2012, 10:20:51 am »

((I have to update for Eden. I will, but she does nothing.
Why do I keep letting Derm get the things that go completely against what he's supposed to be? He's going to cosmically clusterfuck the earth, I tell you.))
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 11:24:13 am by Tsuchigumo550 »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 02, 2012, 11:04:01 am »

Cast Dark tendrils through the prismatic rod.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 02, 2012, 11:16:28 am »

((I think you can deal with the monsters, I guess I'll go ahead and check the General Store.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 02, 2012, 11:20:35 am »

((Oops, missed seeing the update. Oh well, the stuff I would have wanted was looted, and the book more than makes up for that.))

Cast Buckshot through my stone arm and the spider rod at the spider.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 02, 2012, 04:48:16 pm »

((@GM: Could Azerios and Ochita hear all the noise from the rickety door falling apart from the hallway they are?

Also, if we leave and come back later, will we have to roll once more or will the General Store still be there?))
>Yes?

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 02, 2012, 06:09:21 pm »

((@GM: Could Azerios and Ochita hear all the noise from the rickety door falling apart from the hallway they are?

Also, if we leave and come back later, will we have to roll once more or will the General Store still be there?))

Nope, space stays the same unless you actively change it somehow, so store's there for good.

Yeah, you could probably hear that. I'm saying yes.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 02, 2012, 06:16:42 pm »

Investigate the sound! If there were any enemies, then use magic missile on a random foe.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11