Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Roll to Raid the Labyrinth! Turn 13- Sharp Fangs  (Read 25024 times)

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raid the Labyrinth! Turn 5- Monstrous Comeback!
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2012, 08:58:35 pm »

TURN 5

Caellath
Ademos finds the golem's weakness only to try and take its axe right after, to no effect. Maybe if he tried after weakening him more.
"ROARRR!"

Attack the electronics enough to get the golem weaker then quickly snatch its axe by biting the hand which is supporting the axe's weight. This time catch the axe by the handle. Strike quickly, retreat as fast as possible.
You recover from your jump quickly and spring back at the still distracted golem. ([1+1]vs[6-1]) The golem roars, clearly still enraged. He moves quickly, faster than you thought it possible. You miss the golem [9] But land gracefully on your feet before springing at the hand bearing the axe's weight. ([8+1]vs[3-1]) The golem, turning his attention back to the group doesn't even see you coming! You grab the handle of the axe and masterfully spin, tearing the axe away from the golem! You land on your feet, axe held between your teeth

IronyOwl
((Heh, single bosses tend to not fare very well against groups, since the group gets several times as many actions as it does. If it had 5x our HP and was equal to our attacks, for instance, it'd be roughly on par with one of us going 1v1 with it.))

Scourge shook her hand, as though trying to shake the pain out. She really needed to get herself a weapon.

In the meantime though, perhaps something a bit more padded than knuckles could work.

Kick golem, preferably in head.
After parting thoughts of needing a weapon, you decide the best course of action would be to use a DIFFERENT part of your body to punish the golem. ([7+1] vs [10-1]) You leap off at the golem, foot posed in a perfect kicking pose. The Golem turns again, its un-human speed surprising you. It roars and bashes you out of the air! You hit the ground, hard, [8] But manage to stand up again. You have no doubt that at least one rib is broken. [2] You also fear that you may be bleeding internally.

Tiruin
((I'd Like to inform you that somewhere in the Labyrinth, There will be a dwarven sentry equipped with an artifact musket, and It will be amazingly over powered.))
((Bah, we can take it! Muskets don't fire when wet!

Also, sorry Sinpwn! Your legs seemed a good passage at the time...strangely. I got an 8...or a 9? Huh.))

Alana glanced over to the halfling before nocking another arrow.

"Go Lalande!"

Arrow > Electronical Backside. Shift movement over to a better location to do so if needed.

"You can't hit the mossy side of a tree, Golem!"

You say your apologies to the dwarf with an arrow through his leg. You move quickly and take aim at the electronics again, making a note to yourself NOT to hit the dwarf again. ([10+1] vs [3-1]) You masterfully fire an arrow straight through the electronics again, this time missing the dwarf. The Steel golem groans [6] But stays upright! It is unable to move! (0 to all movement rolls!)

Sinpwn
"...Ouch."

Adil, still clinging on, begins to rip out the Golem's circuitry at a frenzied pace.
The others understand nothing but Ouch from your steady flow of dwarven swears. ([3+1]vs[10-1])
You reach down to rip at the golem's electronics but are surprised to see a plate covering the damaged area. The Golem's eyes flash black and become brighter and redder. He spins and throws you and [4] You hit the ground hard and roll a small ways away. (Golem's Debuffs have been reset, and he now has a plate covering his back).

Dwarmin
"Forgive me if I thought an implacable Golem designed only for war and nothing else could actually have a chance of hitting me!" Lalande continued, in mocking sing song.

Action: Continue taunting efforts!
You quickly try to distract the golem again after realizing it was no longer paying attention to you. ([2] vs [4]) The golem ignores your rocks and moves toward the dwarf on the ground!

Steel Golem

You try to patch up your leaking with eternal repairs [6] You repair them, and improve them a little, making them stronger! (No longer bleeding) You charge at the downed dwarf ([6]vs[7]) You try to curbstomp him, but his allies manage to throw him out of the way!

~BUFFS/DEBUFFS~

IronyOwl
Medium Bleeding : You can't move as well (-1 to movement)
Broken Bones: You have trouble breathing (-1 to movement and attack)

((GM NOTICE: OH lawdy. YOu guys got shitty rolls and he made a damn good comeback... .-.))
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 09:04:11 pm by BlastoiseWarlorf »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2012, 09:15:19 pm »

"Okay... I got this..." Scourge said, crouching and wincing. She didn't really got this.

Attempt to patch up self.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2012, 09:16:24 pm »

((That went down hill incredibly fast.))

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2012, 09:18:44 pm »

Adil roars, leaps at the golem, rolls over its shoulder and begins clawing at its eyes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2012, 10:21:40 pm »

((An 11 means...?  :P))

"It can't move! Hit it with everything you've got!"

Inspect for weaknesses or structural flaws. Surely the Dwarven race isn't that perfect.

Then if possible, after squinting at the golem, fire an arrow to it's...left arm shoulder.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2012, 10:26:28 pm »

((I use 11 as just perfect :P, ALso, IT can move after IT shifted into Badassery mode after the Nine))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2012, 11:12:33 pm »

Lalande flipped her blade into an underhand grip. Time to go to town on this thing Halfling style!

Action: Go for a stab to the back of the knee!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2012, 12:30:18 am »

((Sorry, out of internet for some time.
@GM: I have to thank both the RNG and the GM, that was a very nice mental image. The wolf yanked the axe out of the golem's hand with a spin and is now carrying it in his mouth...It does sound familiar. :P))

Ademos kept the axe firmly lodged in his maws, his eyes glinting with savage fire. Maybe it was time to attempt a riskier move...

Hack horizontally at one of the golem's legs with his own axe with a lightning-fast werewolf strike! If the golem gets the axe back, retrieve it and retreat as fast as possible.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 01:20:28 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2012, 10:10:52 am »

No need for bumping this really, but I'd thought to share a cool image I found while we are all waiting for the turn. I'd imagine Lalande looks something like this! :)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2012, 10:13:48 am »

:))

Perfectly wonderful!

Oh wait, we're all done acting.

Still, :))

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2012, 04:28:20 pm »

TURN 6

IronyOwl
"Okay... I got this..." Scourge said, crouching and wincing. She didn't really got this.

Attempt to patch up self.
You realize that you will probably need to fix yourself up. [5] You know your rib is broken, so you try snapping it back into place so that it could at least heal faster. You push and barely manage to stay concious. The rib is fixed, kinda.[5] And your bleeding slowed a little bit, as well.

Sinpwn
Adil roars, leaps at the golem, rolls over its shoulder and begins clawing at its eyes.
You let out your ferocious dwarven battle cry, and leap at the golem [3] and fly straight over it! You land on your hands and knees, but are un-hurt.

Tiruin
((An 11 means...?  :P))

"It can't move! Hit it with everything you've got!"

Inspect for weaknesses or structural flaws. Surely the Dwarven race isn't that perfect.

Then if possible, after squinting at the golem, fire an arrow to it's...left arm shoulder.

You search for weakness in the robot, knowing that dwarfs couldn't be THAT perfect.[5] You notice that the limbs of the golem are a tad rusted, but can find no other weakness besides that. You take aim at the Golem's shoulder ([2]vs[8]), but he simply dodges it!

Dwarmin
Lalande flipped her blade into an underhand grip. Time to go to town on this thing Halfling style!

Action: Go for a stab to the back of the knee!
You dash forward with your blade, and head for a strike to the back of the golem's knee! ([3]vs[2])You misjudge the distance and swing too soon! But the Golem, expecting you to hit, flinches and is momentarily confused! (+1 to the next attack on him)

Caellath
((Sorry, out of internet for some time.
@GM: I have to thank both the RNG and the GM, that was a very nice mental image. The wolf yanked the axe out of the golem's hand with a spin and is now carrying it in his mouth...It does sound familiar. :P))

Ademos kept the axe firmly lodged in his maws, his eyes glinting with savage fire. Maybe it was time to attempt a riskier move...

Hack horizontally at one of the golem's legs with his own axe with a lightning-fast werewolf strike! If the golem gets the axe back, retrieve it and retreat as fast as possible.
You let out a howl and charge at the golem! You hold the axe low, aiming for the left leg. ([9+2]vs[8]) You hear a horrific screech as the axe meets his leg, and you are so confused you are unable to see what happened! You sprint off, axe still in teeth before turning around to see the Golem proped up on one leg!

Steel Golem

You are unable to move well, so you take up a defensive stance, hoping to block all the adventurer's attacks! (-1 to all incoming attacks)

~BUFFS/DEBUFFS~

IronyOwl
Light Bleeding: NO real bads or goods, chance to clear up every turn.
Less Broken Rib: -1 to movement

Steel Golem
Missing Leg: UNable to move
Defensive Stance: -1 to all incoming attacks
Heavy Leaking: May leak out, chance to slow bleeding next turn,

((GM NOTICE: Been sick with Bronchitis. Sorry guys, I know Ain't Nobody Got Time for That))
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 04:31:10 pm by BlastoiseWarlorf »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raid the Labyrinth! Turn 6- Ademos, Weilder of Alavis
« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2012, 04:31:51 pm »

((I love werewolves. I really do.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2012, 04:32:37 pm »

((The RNG loves you, It really does. Also, The +1 boost from both Alavis and from Dwarmin saved you :P))
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 04:34:35 pm by BlastoiseWarlorf »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2012, 04:34:08 pm »

((The RNG loves you, It really does.))
((That as well. Dat RNG. I hope he keeps lovin' me every time my life is on the line.))

((The RNG loves you, It really does. Also, The +1 boost from both Alavis and from Dwarmin saved you :P))
((So I guess my natural +1 only came into play when stealing the axe, but not when using it. Bugger. I was still lucky, though. Even without bonuses it would be a nine versus an eight.))
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 04:38:25 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2012, 04:40:27 pm »

((Your bonus is to movement. I kinda saw stealing the axe as more of a faster the better thing over lets take some time to wrestle the machinery.))
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11