Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Roll to Raid the Labyrinth! Turn 13- Sharp Fangs  (Read 25018 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raid the Labyrinth! Turn 3- A Challenger appears!
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2012, 04:18:15 pm »

Punch golem.

"And... we're sure we shouldn't just be running?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2012, 10:33:14 pm »

Arrow > Any discernible chinks in armor or gaps near the arms and legs for movement!

After trying diplomacy!

"Don't overtly kill us! We're lost adventurers!"

In retrospect, not the best words to say.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2012, 09:09:42 pm »

TURN 4

Sinpwn
Dive around the golem and try to leap onto its back. Look for weak spots.
[7]You easily roll past the golem, as it stays distracted on your allies. You take a running leap and [8] Land square on its back! It spins around, trying to fling you off! ([2]vs[4])You cling on for dear life, managing to stay on but just barely. The golem is now targeted solely on you! (+1 to all attack rolls on Golem)

Caellath
"It seems we are not very lucky."
Ademos clenched his teeth and took a battle stance, dropping his bag on the ground. His orange eyes flared as he ran his gaze through the steel golem with determination. The opponent was fierce and ancient, but the group of adventurers would not be defeated so easily.

"We should get that axe out of its hands first."
Even though they lacked equipment to do as much as graze the statuesque figure's surface, they still had their wits and the few scraps of intelligence inherent of stupid explorers. The young man felt the need to let his inner self roam free lest they be bested by their enemy.
Transform into a werewolf and examine the beast for weak spots. Snatch its axe if it is distracted.
You get down on all fours and sprout hair quickly and ferociously! You enter your werewolf form(+1 to all movement)! You qucikly search teh distracted beast for weakspots [8] And easily see that the golem is missing a medium sized plate on it's lower back, which leads to some of it's main electronics(-1 to all of Golem's defense rolls)! You take advantage of the flailing golem and leap, trying to snatch the axe from him! ([10]vs[7]) You leap heroicly and grab the axe between your teeth! Sadly, you failed to realize that your teeth have miserable grip, and you drop the axe! The Golem quickly recovers it and resumes trying to swat the dwarf on his back!

Dwarmin
"Oy! Big Boots! Come ere and squish this little Halfling first, if you think ya can!" Lalande taunted, wondering if the Golem was smart enough to understand.
Action: Play Chicken with the Golem, distracting it from everyone else-pelt it with Slingshot to annoy it, while staying out of range and mocking it, dodging attacks.
You decide that you, with your halfling bad-assery, would be a better distraction than the dwarf! You whirl up your sling ,and begin pelting it with rocks
[(3+1)-(1-1)]! It quickly shifts it's attention to you and charges, weilding the axe! [(4)vs(7)] It slices at you, but you dodge with ease, Laughing as it fails to even lay a steel finger on you!

IronyOwl
Punch golem.

"And... we're sure we shouldn't just be running?"
'Aw screw it.' You think to yourself before charging at the golem. You jump and pull your fist back ([5+1]vs[2-1]) and Nail it directly in the arm! There is a visible dent in the steel, but your knuckles are in a LOT of pain

Tiruin
Arrow > Any discernible chinks in armor or gaps near the arms and legs for movement!

After trying diplomacy!

"Don't overtly kill us! We're lost adventurers!"

In retrospect, not the best words to say.
You yell at the golem, but it hears nothing but gibberish. Diplomacy failing, You pull out your trusty bow and take aim at the missing plate! [(9+1)-(1-1)] Your arrow flys true and strikes it in the back, Piericing directly through the plate! Sadly though, to accomplish this, you were forced to shoot the arrow directly through Sinpwn's Legs(-1 to all Sinpwn's movement rolls, Minor bleeding)!

THE STEEL GOLEM
Distracted (+1 to all attacks on it)
Revealed Weakness (-1 Golem defense)
Broken circuits(-1 to all movement rolls)
Minor Dent
Leaking Heavily and may leak to death(Roll every other turn)

SINPWN
Arrow to the knee lower leg (-1 to movement rolls)
Light Bleeding (Will clear up in a few turns if not more heavily wounded)

((GM NOTICE: You guysssss. You're killing my baby so fast ),:))
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 10:36:10 pm by BlastoiseWarlorf »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raid the Labyrinth! Turn 4- IT BLEEDS!
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2012, 09:15:35 pm »

Ademos finds the golem's weakness only to try and take its axe right after, to no effect. Maybe if he tried after weakening him more.
"ROARRR!"

Attack the electronics enough to get the golem weaker then quickly snatch its axe by biting the hand which is supporting the axe's weight. This time catch the axe by the handle. Strike quickly, retreat as fast as possible.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 09:20:54 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2012, 09:24:34 pm »

((Heh, single bosses tend to not fare very well against groups, since the group gets several times as many actions as it does. If it had 5x our HP and was equal to our attacks, for instance, it'd be roughly on par with one of us going 1v1 with it.))

Scourge shook her hand, as though trying to shake the pain out. She really needed to get herself a weapon.

In the meantime though, perhaps something a bit more padded than knuckles could work.

Kick golem, preferably in head.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2012, 09:33:20 pm »

((I'd Like to inform you that somewhere in the Labyrinth, There will be a dwarven sentry equipped with an artifact musket, and It will be amazingly over powered.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2012, 09:36:43 pm »

(( D: ))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2012, 09:43:08 pm »

((I'd Like to inform you that somewhere in the Labyrinth, There will be a dwarven sentry equipped with an artifact musket, and It will be amazingly over powered.))
((...Now, that got to be easier to snatch with werewolf maws. Tell me that if I get a good roll you won't try to screw us and I'll be able to do it.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2012, 09:51:49 pm »

10= Catastrophic Success (You win so hard that you fail)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2012, 09:57:23 pm »

10= Catastrophic Success (You win so hard that you fail)
((Oh yeah, I just discovered I rolled a 10. Even so wouldn't an overshot/catastrophic success be something like me getting the axe and expertly jumping away from him in a series of near-impossible acrobatic movements only for me to let go of the axe in mid-air and ending up falling on the ground with the axe handle hitting my head hard but leaving the golem weaponless?
...It may just be the fact I'm used to the overshot system though. That looked like a partial success so I did not even pay too much attention to the numbers.))

Edit: @GM
DOS AVALABAD THE STEEL GOLEM
((Wasn't the Golem made of steel? Now it seems his name is IRON GOLEM.))
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 10:17:28 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2012, 10:36:31 pm »

((GM Derp, All better))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2012, 11:33:06 pm »

((Bah, we can take it! Muskets don't fire when wet!

Also, sorry Sinpwn! Your legs seemed a good passage at the time...strangely. I got an 8...or a 9? Huh.))

Alana glanced over to the halfling before nocking another arrow.

"Go Lalande!"

Arrow > Electronical Backside. Shift movement over to a better location to do so if needed.

"You can't hit the mossy side of a tree, Golem!"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2012, 11:37:02 pm »

((Bah, we can take it! Muskets don't fire when wet!

Also, sorry Sinpwn! Your legs seemed a good passage at the time...strangely. I got an 8...or a 9? Huh.))
((9+1=10, Catastrophic Success, I guess. Yeah, we need to get used to how these play out, although yours was very appropriate :P. You did hit the Golem with a nice shot.))
>Yes?

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2012, 04:05:58 am »

"...Ouch."

Adil, still clinging on, begins to rip out the Golem's circuitry at a frenzied pace.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2012, 08:20:01 am »

"Forgive me if I thought an implacable Golem designed only for war and nothing else could actually have a chance of hitting me!" Lalande continued, in mocking sing song.

Action: Continue taunting efforts!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11