Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Roll to Raid the Labyrinth! Turn 13- Sharp Fangs  (Read 24545 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raid the Labyrinth! Turn 1- Scourge, Master Operator
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2012, 08:04:13 am »

Character for the wait list.

Name: Askold Slimfinger

Race: kobold
Gear(If any): Soft leather footwraps, leather chestpiece, bone gauntlets, skull helmet, shady cloak, shirk, dagger, crossbow
Perks(If any): Night vision, Deep stabs
Total Points:  100

Suggesting: Shady cloak (+1 to being sneaky) 20pts, Deep stabs (extra damage when attacking from stealth) 30pts
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 07:49:16 pm by Zako »

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raid the Labyrinth! Turn 1- Scourge, Master Operator
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2012, 09:43:16 am »

TURN 2
IronyOwl
Examine engravings, searching for any pattern or meaning.
You examine the engravings around the chamber. [3] You can't find any patterns, just pictures of elephants burning to death and butterflys tearing down doors

Sinpwn
"Just smell that stale, ancient air! Smells like adventure!"

Sinclair whistles a merry tune, inspecting the traps in each hallway to determine which one they would be least likely to get horribly killed in. Failing that, he heads directly forward.
You whistle the old song of your people, and examine each hallway for traps. [5]You notice some weird spots in both the left and right passages, but you cant figure out what they do.

Tiruin
((So we have no torch for that Dwarf and for heat? Aww.))

Alana was glad to at least have another being that she could associate with - the halfling. While she was intrigued by the prospect of entering the fabled Halls of Stone, she had no knowledge of her companions.

Lalande was a good companion, she knew it, providing welcoming company as the four approached the gates. She went along the lines of sarcasm, but the Elf saw wit in the woman. Wit and cunning.

For the demon, she was a quiet one, and rare to see aboveground at times like these. But it was comforting in the least, they had a protector from the depths.

And lastly, the Dwarf. That cheerful dwarf. Ever since the first ages, or as far as Alana could remember, her kind had engaged in a petty feud with the people of the earth for reasons lost in time and memory.

Well, it was a very interesting start.

"Adventure indeed. Let's split up for the moment?" she said, after returning the greeting to Lalande.

Examine the engravings on the...leftmost passage and examine our current area as a whole.

Check for amount of light.

You look around and realize this passage is still lit from the outside, making the room rather bright. You start looking at the engravings along the left wall. [7]You realize that at the top of the left passage, the engraving has an arrow pointing down the passage, and above it sits something that looks like a large gold pyramid

Dwarmin
Lalande nodded.

"I'll take a look at the right. Smells a bit better. And, I always go with my nose..." she said, offhandedly.

Action: Examine the Right path
You take the opposite passage of Lalande and begin to examine the engravings around the open passage. [9]You notice an engraving that looks much different from all the others. Upon brushing your hand over it, a large passage way opens up in the middle of the room, leadingdownwards.

Caellath
You wake up in your tent and calmly stretch and walk outside to find that all of your friends have already gone inside! You curse under your breath and take off in a sprint towards the chamber. You finally make it, you are albeit a bit tired, but you're more than ready for a good adventure!

((This is my way of saying Caellath, You're accepted ^^. Zako, You're on the waiting list as soon as you do a point total. Also, you don't need to list your armor. Unless otherwise stated, you start off with it. ))
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 09:48:10 am by BlastoiseWarlorf »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raid the Labyrinth! Turn 2- The gate reveals itself
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2012, 10:03:55 am »

"Hello, did I miss something?"
Ademos straightened his back, and if there happened to be any chest hair on him it would flutter with any remainder of breeze which could enter the passage. Fortunately he had no chest hair. Bummer.

Follow the elf and the halfling while checking visually for traps.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 11:13:31 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2012, 10:20:15 am »

((Oh Sh-...We're doomed.

GM: Does meta on anything in DF...particularly history, have any use here??))

"Hey, Ademos. You're pretty late! We were going to search ahead without you, probably waking you up for later.

Missed nothing, in regard to your question. Just entering the place."
Alana said, happy that the rest are on their way.

"Did you see any kobolds? Ahh, he'll get here."

Be the first to lead the way through the newly-opened passageway. Check for traps.

Examine the ceiling.

"Dwarf. Your people really have taste in their architecture. Pretty...assertive in style."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2012, 10:42:28 am »

Lalande nodded.

"I thought that stuff he drank last night would have kept Ademos down till noon." She said, cheerily enough.

Action: Watch Alana's back for enemies, while she's looking for traps.

She wasn't too impressed with the place, yet...she kept her sword handy, keeping an eye on Alana's back.

"All of it seems a bit too big for daily living, if you get my drift. Keep it short and simple, my Da would always say. Then you don't have to cut it short before you can use it.

Then again, Dwarven megalomania surely knows no bounds...can hardly blame ones nature."

Lalande looked over at Sinclair.

"Oh, but Present company excluded." She said, grinning.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2012, 11:18:10 am »

Lalande nodded.

"I thought that stuff he drank last night would have kept Ademos down till noon." She said, cheerily enough.
Ademos stares at the halfling with a frown.
"You know I do not drink, miss. I just ran around too much during the night."

"By the way, I still wonder why people gave me those, it is not like I need them for now."
Ademos nods to the bag he carries, which holds a set of clothing which he refuses to use, choosing to walk around in a loincloth at all times. "I only wear clothing when I don armor" the young man is used to say to anyone questioning his choice of attire.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2012, 11:24:58 am »

((Oh Sh-...We're doomed.

GM: Does meta on anything in DF...particularly history, have any use here??))

It may, Just depends how you use it. If you decide that descending the stairs into hell unknown places is unwise, so be it.

Also, Just to let you guys know. When I roll on encounters, I roll on your luck. SO if you get 1s, a nice difficult face-melting enemy, If you get 9s, some fluffy rabbits.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 11:31:06 am by BlastoiseWarlorf »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2012, 11:42:43 am »

It may, Just depends how you use it. If you decide that descending the stairs into hell unknown places is unwise, so be it.
((He may be referring to the fact this looks very familiar as in Boatmurdered familiar.))
>Yes?

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2012, 11:52:15 am »

Sinclair grinned.

"Bout time you got up, lad. And aye, my fellows were indeed very... Dwarfy."

Sinclair heads along with his team, keeping an eye on the engravings for any clues.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2012, 04:06:57 pm »

"Well, at least they had some class," Scourge added, following behind everyone else.

Scourge follows the group into the new passage.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2012, 07:54:05 pm »

Sorry I forgot that bit. Edited for your convenience.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2012, 11:50:25 am »

TURN 3

The Group
You all proceed cautiously down the stairs. they must lead down several hundred feet. You continue to tredge on, even though your legs scream in protest. Several hours later, you finally make it to the bottom. It is a large open chamber with more engravings on the walls. There is one passage way going straight on out from the room, as well as the staircase back up. You glance toward the middle of the room which is dully lit. You see..... A statue. A dwarven statue. In it's hand is
a beautifully crafted axe, with epony drooping from it's steel blade. As you gaze at the axe, you notice something.... The Statue's eyes have turned red. It gazes at you, axe on it's shoulder. It blares something in Ancient Dwarven. It waits a few seconds before blaring the same message again. It does it once more before it hefts the axe into an attack position and prepares to charge!

YOU HAVE ENCOUNTERED DOS AVALABAD THE STEEL GOLEM, WEILDER AND PROTECTOR OF ALAIVS, AXE OF ANCIENT KINGS!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 11:52:20 am by BlastoiseWarlorf »

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2012, 12:03:14 pm »

Dive around the golem and try to leap onto its back. Look for weak spots.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2012, 01:02:06 pm »

"It seems we are not very lucky."
Ademos clenched his teeth and took a battle stance, dropping his bag on the ground. His orange eyes flared as he ran his gaze through the steel golem with determination. The opponent was fierce and ancient, but the group of adventurers would not be defeated so easily.

"We should get that axe out of its hands first."
Even though they lacked equipment to do as much as graze the statuesque figure's surface, they still had their wits and the few scraps of intelligence inherent of stupid explorers. The young man felt the need to let his inner self roam free lest they be bested by their enemy.

Transform into a werewolf and examine the beast for weak spots. Snatch its axe if it is distracted.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 07:46:51 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raid the Labyrinth! Turn 3- A Challenger appears!
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2012, 01:55:15 pm »

"Oy! Big Boots! Come ere and squish this little Halfling first, if you think ya can!" Lalande taunted, wondering if the Golem was smart enough to understand.

Action: Play Chicken with the Golem, distracting it from everyone else-pelt it with Slingshot to annoy it, while staying out of range and mocking it, dodging attacks.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11