Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 238

Author Topic: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)  (Read 407237 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)
« Reply #3015 on: March 07, 2017, 03:45:34 pm »

Would any of you guys be interested in participating in Darkness Redeemed: Necromechanic 3 if Shadestyle started it here, or should he look for another forum?
Why are you asking instead of Shadestyle?

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: March 07, 2017, 07:50:21 pm »

Would any of you guys be interested in participating in Darkness Redeemed: Necromechanic 3 if Shadestyle started it here, or should he look for another forum?
Why are you asking instead of Shadestyle?
I asked of my own initiative before he did, and we just left my post up instead of making a new one.

So are you interested (or at least not opposed to it)?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: March 09, 2017, 03:40:58 am »

I need to run something. If I knew what I'd be running it already. Help.

I have, as always, half a dozen actual ideas and dozens of things that with work could charitably be considered neural activity. I'm also open to entirely new suggestions.

Spoiler: Blood of the Gods RTD (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tactical Combat Thing (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: March 09, 2017, 03:14:34 pm »

Well, my votes are for Tactical combat and Mages. I have no advice to offer for Civ Builders.

One, because I'm mentally grumbling about 'saner and faster' (:P), and two because Mages are fun.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: March 09, 2017, 04:22:46 pm »

Mages mages mages mages

Magicka-style?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 07:28:24 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3020 on: March 09, 2017, 07:14:19 pm »

Blood of the Gods sounds hype, but Mages looks neat too. Civ sounds like you wouldn't have very much fun running it.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: March 09, 2017, 07:27:35 pm »

I might like the magic game. The floating-island part reminds me of an idea I had.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: March 09, 2017, 10:42:37 pm »

Mages mages mages mages

Magicka-style?
No, like that colony builder thing you were an omnibold in, only hopefully better designed. Rather than combining Arcane+Earth or Arcane+Arcane buttons/elements to produce a laser, you use your skill in Destruction to project something and your skill in some kind of energy manipulation to make that something said energy, then specify you're projecting said energy in the form of a solid beam. And, of course, roll a [1], point-blanking yourself with it instead.

I might like the magic game. The floating-island part reminds me of an idea I had.
Sounds pretty similar, except I'd been thinking more jumping ship for better islands than breaking chunks off to build up yours. Players hate leaving absolutely anything behind, though, so maybe that'd be a better idea.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: March 09, 2017, 10:50:44 pm »

If the game goes on long enough, maybe you could make the players have multiple islands? Probably 2 or 3 max, but it opens up some possibilities, such as having a fortified island for defence, a weaponised island for offensive maneauvers, and a developed island for rest/research/testing/practice/etc.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: March 10, 2017, 08:53:29 am »

I'm imagining the players riding around their magical island, absorbing/attaching smaller islands to their own and growing bigger and bigger all the time. Katamari Mage Island go?

Blood of the Gods sounds rad, too. I'd love to tear out the guts of gods to gain their powers. Let us cut God to see if He bleeds!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: March 10, 2017, 09:39:32 am »

What if each player had their own, small island that they are bound to? Or, maybe just a fragment of a shared island? They can revive as long as their fragment of the island is safe, but if it gets destroyed, so are they. On the other side of the coin, getting stronger makes your piece of the island bigger, more powerful(useful structures, abilities, etc), and vice versa; adding to your island makes you stronger based on the attributes of the island. Someone with a forest island may have an ability to make plants grow, whether as wooden spikes for attack or a sturdy stump for defense. If a dryad appeared on the island, they might be able to summon them briefly in battle. Something like that.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: March 10, 2017, 06:12:46 pm »

New idea: Trailer the rpg. Making a thread and write in detail your ideas as if a ad or movie trailer sort of deal. Can include what's in works or already in play. Just beware of spoiling too much.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: March 10, 2017, 07:05:11 pm »

If the game goes on long enough, maybe you could make the players have multiple islands? Probably 2 or 3 max, but it opens up some possibilities, such as having a fortified island for defence, a weaponised island for offensive maneauvers, and a developed island for rest/research/testing/practice/etc.
I'd rather just make islands large and varied enough that you can have fortresses, farming valleys, some kind of siege tower, and so forth on the same island.

What if each player had their own, small island that they are bound to? Or, maybe just a fragment of a shared island? They can revive as long as their fragment of the island is safe, but if it gets destroyed, so are they. On the other side of the coin, getting stronger makes your piece of the island bigger, more powerful(useful structures, abilities, etc), and vice versa; adding to your island makes you stronger based on the attributes of the island. Someone with a forest island may have an ability to make plants grow, whether as wooden spikes for attack or a sturdy stump for defense. If a dryad appeared on the island, they might be able to summon them briefly in battle. Something like that.
Too abstract for my tastes. Among other things, it badly messes with anything you'd want to do to "your" patch of land yourself, because that's largely your xp's job.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: March 10, 2017, 10:14:52 pm »

I've been considering making a game based off the game Oxygen not Included. Still thinking about some of the kinks to iron out, but the idea is growing on me. Anyone interested?
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: March 10, 2017, 11:41:16 pm »

I really like the island ideas. I had a similar idea a long time ago, but I've mostly forgotten it. Iirc the cosmology involved a lot of small orbiting/floating spheroids. Think king kai's planet, except the gravity is relatively normal despite the size(save for escape velocity being lower). I feel like the system involved a lot of planet hopping and incentivized questions like "should we dig all the goodies out, or keep this place as a stepping stone?" Consider planetoids from minecraft/terraria, if you know those sorts of maps.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 11:42:57 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 238