Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 238

Author Topic: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)  (Read 407869 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)
« Reply #2685 on: July 09, 2016, 05:06:31 am »

Ontology (46), Obsession (3)
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: July 09, 2016, 07:50:35 am »

Ontology (46), Obsession (3)

Now we have some really interesting words.

Your power summarized into two words is "puppet master". By observing your target, its history, interactions, products and reactions you slowly begin to see the strings attached to it. Each string has its own effect to the target, the first ones have only a minor emotional effects and the later ones give you complete control. The speed you find these strings depends quality of your observation. Directly watching the target acting in enviroment full of stimulus gives you total control strings in two hours, but for example by only watching single work of art by your target it takes weeks.
The ability to see strings of certain person remains as long as you keep pulling those strings often enough, otherwise you steadily lose them from sight. The strings are unique enough to discern between individuals, but there's a breakpoint where it becomes possible to mix them up.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: July 09, 2016, 08:25:34 am »

I guess you have not watched The Mist.
I only watch cool movies

if cool words give lame powers

then maybe

just maybe

lame words will give cool powers

Flowers (25), Happiness (75), Kindness (50)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: July 09, 2016, 12:20:08 pm »

More powers!

Firestorm 42, Discussion 19, Resonance 29, Doppleganger 4.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: July 09, 2016, 01:33:50 pm »

Since apparently everyone and their grandmother is doing a second try...

Exploitation 43, Product 21, Meme 12
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: July 09, 2016, 02:16:15 pm »

Externality 10, Repetition 22, Sacrilege 31, Justification 19

Edit: There's another quote I like that I can't find, which goes along the lines of 'a pessimist is never surprised when he sees evil. An optimist is hurt with every instance. For this reason, you cannot be a pessimist and expect to change the world; the optimist is given drive by every wrong he witnesses'
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 02:19:38 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: July 09, 2016, 04:38:21 pm »

Void 1.1, Void 1.1, Void 1.1, Void 1.1
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: July 10, 2016, 12:31:05 am »

Fix 7, Dream 50, Omnibus 30, Answer 42

How do you do the personality stuff?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: July 10, 2016, 01:00:38 am »

He finds something that fits you. *shrug* Doesn't seem that hard, though he's a lot more creative than I think I would manage to be with it. Good powers so far.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: July 10, 2016, 05:58:19 am »

Contrast 2, Floor 9.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 06:01:59 am by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: July 12, 2016, 04:15:44 am »

I guess you have not watched The Mist.
I only watch cool movies

if cool words give lame powers

then maybe

just maybe

lame words will give cool powers

Flowers (25), Happiness (75), Kindness (50)

If your definition of cool is murder, then probably not. Let's see.

Your power is kind of Pavlov's Bell and drug dealer. When you touch person and ask them to do a favour for you, you add a kind of "promise" on them. If they do the favour and you confirm it is done, the "promise" materializes as a tattoo on somewhere on their body and their brain is flooded with subtle euproria for a day. After using power on same person succesfully twice, the person starts to develope an addiction, meaning they are more willing to do more favours for you. More tattoos are added this way, more they are willing to bend their morals and ignore calls of conscience, eventually begging to do something for you to get their fix. Eventually this turns them into a slave who wants nothing but obey you.

I...I forgot why I originally came here, so might as well.

Blade 17, Devastate 23, Dive 6, Thermals 46.
Devastate is not a noun so I ignore it.

Your power is limited technical intuition. You can easily understand everything that uses rockets or employ inertia manipulation for safety. Understanding comes with ability to design and build devices around those two principles, including peripheral devices to limited degree. Bigger rockets, more efficient rockets, alternative rocket fuels, inertial dampening... Designing new things is supernaturally fast process, you could have new Mars rocket designed by end of the day. Building things of course requires materials, but that's the only limiting factor.

More powers!

Firestorm 42, Discussion 19, Resonance 29, Doppleganger 4.

Your power is to grant powers to other people for hours, or rather grant specific power that manifests in many ways. Anytime recipient is about be harmed somehow the power they get will lash out with disproportionate effort to prevent harm being done. For example getting stab might result aggressor getting his arm slashed into small meat cubes, friendly slap on back results bone shattering slam, bullet on face might fill entire city block with holes, getting dumped by lover may cause the opposing party falling into suicidal depression.

Since apparently everyone and their grandmother is doing a second try...

Exploitation 43, Product 21, Meme 12

Well grandmas better jump off because this is the final station.

This power is kinda abstract one. To summarize it, you can do things with parts of whole. When you touch something, you can do one of three things to it.
First thing you can do: You can teleport a part of it to somewhere within 50 meters or so. Like teleporting someone's heart onto nearby table.
Second thing: You can replicate part of it right next to it. For example duplicating a single diamond from someone's wedding ring.
Third thing you can do, and this one is more complex: If part of the thing you touch can be processed into something else alone, then you can skip the process and turn selected part directly into end result of the process. For example living tree can be used to make a chair, so parts of the tree are removed and you'll have your wooden chair next to the tree. Touching a cow you can remove parts of its flesh and get instant steak. Or make a hole into steel ingot and get knife because steel can be processsed into a knife. Using you power this way you can never remove more than half of the source.

You can't use your power on the same thing again until you have forgotten you have used your power on it. Sleeping resets all cooldowns because it makes everything slip from your mind. But as you probably know, harder you try to forget something, harder it sticks into your mind.

Externality 10, Repetition 22, Sacrilege 31, Justification 19

Edit: There's another quote I like that I can't find, which goes along the lines of 'a pessimist is never surprised when he sees evil. An optimist is hurt with every instance. For this reason, you cannot be a pessimist and expect to change the world; the optimist is given drive by every wrong he witnesses'

Is this about your personality? That you are an optimist, paladin type?

If so, it sucks to have this power. Your power is automatic and completely out of your control. It mutates every living being larger than chihuahua into something your power perceives you need, both physically and mentally. It first targets unmutated beings already closest to its ideal, and then least needed mutated one. Your power thinks you need a protection? Closest large thing mutates even larger ugly bullet sponge. You need transport? Something mutates into fast running horse-like ugly monster. You need something offensive? Someone mutates into berserking thing full of blades and bony spikes. Looking for someone to lead army? You get skull faced motherfucker military genius with speciality for demoralizing enemies. You need a lover? God help you, because you are gonna get one.

Void 1.1, Void 1.1, Void 1.1, Void 1.1

That's just one word. I suppose if I wrack my brain enough I could make a power with it alone, but I won't.

Fix 7, Dream 50, Omnibus 30, Answer 42

How do you do the personality stuff?

As in how do I figure out your personality or how it affects the outcome? For the first I just scour your posts and try to identify anything that could give me insight on how you think and operate. For latter, your personality, or perceived personality as is the case here, matters a great deal how words manifest into a power. Two people with same words and numbers won't get same powers, or even similar powers if I'm doing it well enough.

This power is a second sight that constantly threats to overwrite your perception of reality. It's a constant battle of wills to keep seeing the world as any normal human would see it. The second sight displays world in all its ideal states, what it could be if given a chance, if their potential was fully unleashed. That homeless man sleeping by dumpster. His creative mind is his greatest asset, you see him as famous book author, as celebrated painter, as revered teacher who can find ways to brighter future. You also see all the paths that could take him any of those positions. The dumpster he's next to? You see the inspiring art it could be if melted into a statue, you see the funny pictures painted on it brightening bypassers day if certain people were to paint it. And the dirty alley they both are in? It could be spotless art gallery, covered by both sides great murals, you see the orderly stalls of self-employed people selling their products, buzzling with activity.

You see so much that you probably end up walking in front of speeding semitruck and seeing how it could be Optimus Prime.

Contrast 2, Floor 9.

Your power is designate a space where those with advantage can fully exploit that advantage to its limits or where underdogs who exactly why they will fail. For example you see someone picking a lock and use your power on the the area lockpicking istaking place. Depending on your viewpoint either the lockpicker will pick the lock in record time and do it as undetectable manner as is theoretically possible, or alternativaly the perpetrator will inevitably fumble and break his tools and probably alert someone in process. Your power basically determines outcome of activities according your perceptions and and subconscious expectations. It makes winners and losers.

And this is all the powers I'm generating here. I figured out what I set out to find; that is what kind of words are best for this process. I don't mind genning more powers if you need them for PC or NPC. Send me a PM and I'll whip up something.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: July 13, 2016, 03:25:44 am »

Contrast 2, Floor 9.
Your power is designate a space where those with advantage can fully exploit that advantage to its limits or where underdogs who exactly why they will fail. For example you see someone picking a lock and use your power on the the area lockpicking is taking place. Depending on your viewpoint either the lockpicker will pick the lock in record time and do it as undetectable manner as is theoretically possible, or alternativaly the perpetrator will inevitably fumble and break his tools and probably alert someone in process. Your power basically determines outcome of activities according your perceptions and and subconscious expectations. It makes winners and losers.
Seeing 'Floor' as 'Base(?)' (winners and losers are contrast, obv), those are erm....
The numbers are a good twist through.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 04:14:22 am by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: July 14, 2016, 01:41:44 pm »

Quick interest check for a game (somewhat in the the tone of VtM) in which the players are fresh turned monsters without actually knowing what kind of monsters they are, and have to try and survive whilst figuring out how to manage their monstrous instincts and abilities. Vast majority of game would be non-combat, with the monstrous instincts taking over for combat in the majority of cases. Would be quite narrative heavy.

Got it pretty much fleshed out, just want to see if there'd be much interest beforehand?
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: July 14, 2016, 01:49:17 pm »

Quick interest check for a game (somewhat in the the tone of VtM) in which the players are fresh turned monsters without actually knowing what kind of monsters they are, and have to try and survive whilst figuring out how to manage their monstrous instincts and abilities. Vast majority of game would be non-combat, with the monstrous instincts taking over for combat in the majority of cases. Would be quite narrative heavy.

Got it pretty much fleshed out, just want to see if there'd be much interest beforehand?
yesyesyesyesyes.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: July 14, 2016, 01:50:35 pm »

Interested.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 238