Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 238

Author Topic: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)  (Read 407881 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)
« Reply #2670 on: July 07, 2016, 10:27:17 am »

Anyone want superpowers? Gimme 2-4 nouns and assign each with number between 1-50. An example from IRC: Rice 28, Cowardice 35, Asbestos 44, Albion 15.

People I know about are easier to make powers for, so if you don't think I know you well enough, describe your personality as well with few words. Or name some well known real or imaginary person. Or make it all up.
Assuming this is still a thing...

Knife 45, Game 18, Fear 2, Box 25.

I can't say I know you well enough to make personalized power properly, so I mix it a bit with Kirby and the little I know. Which probably doesn't work out very well. Anyway, here we go:

You can create limited number of copies of yourself (equipment included) at once. Let's say maximum 5. They exist as long as you are conscious, you want them to exist, and they stay within limited range. Each copy in existance lowers the maximum range by simple formula: current max range equals to max range divided by number of clones in existance. The copies are by all intents and purposes you: they have your personality, memories and skills as you did on time of their creation. The real difference comes from the fact they know the are copies and have different powers than you do.

Their primary power is to share space with other humans (but not with you) and move in synch with them. To complement that power they can alter their size by small degree, always staying within normal human size range. This space sharing brings few benefits. First is that they can choose who takes the damage from the bullet or any other source of harm by deciding whose space is the one interacting with world: either the copy, person they are sharing the space with, or both. The latter means increased toughness which is mostly good for fist fights, and having strength of two people. Beyond that they are completely normal, they die from bullet like anyone else (but disappear when they do die). If their arms is cut off, they will bleed to death and can no longer protect corresponding arm of the person held inside. If they do have person inside in such case, then bleeding is reduced because arm of the person blocks it mostly.

You will always know how many copies exist at any given time, but have no any extra awareness about them or their state. Your power is modified by amount of heartfelt respect people have towards you. More respect they have, more copies you can create, greater their maximum range is, more they can manipulate their own size, and so on.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: July 07, 2016, 10:36:02 am »

Hm.

Invocation 7, Inversion 39, Fire 80, Understanding 24.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: July 07, 2016, 12:24:30 pm »

Lemme?

Gray 15, Cycle 21, Chair 39, Boredom 6.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: July 07, 2016, 01:37:09 pm »

Hm.

* Gigla coughs quietly
assign each with number between 1-50.
:P

----

Mountain 35, bronze 40, cloud 7, emblem 13
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: July 07, 2016, 01:39:44 pm »

That's an... Interesting power set.

It'd definitely be fun to play around with, at any rate. Props to you on that front.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: July 07, 2016, 01:44:54 pm »

I want another one!

Answer 42, Arcane 50, Depth 7, Magic 8
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: July 07, 2016, 01:50:48 pm »

Hm.

Your power is permanent physical AND mental transformation. You actually stop being you and become something else entirely. Your new form is distorted cystalline humanoid, skin flashing brilliant light, mismatched limbs. Your new mind has iron will and completely immune to all attempts of manipulation. Which means that when you decide to do something you will see it to the end, no matter what. Even if something more important comes along, you will keep going until your task is completed, be the end result good or bad. Compromise is not even on your vocabulary. When people ask help for righteous purposes you cannot refuse their pleads, you will help them, you won't even stop to consider whether they are lying or not. After your current job is done.
  At any time you so desire you can become master of something, be it a math, music, martial art or any other skill. However you can only have single mastery obtained this way. To get another you must let go of the previous one.

Blessed with suck, it seems.

Lemme?

Gray 15, Cycle 21, Chair 39, Boredom 6.

You actually get two rather simple powers. The first one is perfect for a spy, infiltrator, saboteur or assassin. When you so wish, people will mistake you for someone they are very likely to obey and trust, be it either their immediate superior, captor, spouse or police. This puts you in position to make people do whatever you want and believe whatever you say. Well, not exactly. Whey still have their ability to make judgement calls, but with some preparation you can get away with a lot.
  The second power is what some people might call regeneration or healing factor, but it is not. This power activates automatically anytime you rest. It slowly restores your body and mindstate back to the what they were when you gained your powers. Wounds, nutritional status, needs, viral and bacterial infections... they all reset back. You better hope you were healthy, well fed and feeling full of energy back then, otherwise this might be another case of "blessed with suck".

I'll do powers for GiglameshDespair and TheBiggerFish later, maybe today, maybe tomorrow.

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: July 07, 2016, 02:32:13 pm »

cool 66.6, darkness 66.6, blood 66.6, demon 66.6

please give me the cool powers, thx

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: July 07, 2016, 02:33:22 pm »

Anyone want superpowers? Gimme 2-4 nouns and assign each with number between 1-50. An example from IRC: Rice 28, Cowardice 35, Asbestos 44, Albion 15.

People I know about are easier to make powers for, so if you don't think I know you well enough, describe your personality as well with few words. Or name some well known real or imaginary person. Or make it all up.
May as well. Everyone's been doing four, so I might do three and see what happens.

Catalyst 12, Wrong 13, Chiasm 41

If you need info on my personality, well. I really like this quote/ideal: "I will protect even those I hate, so long as it is right."
I also am very much a fan of using technology to advance the world, my favorite games are strategy and roleplaying games, my favorite part of books/GMing tends to be the world-building, I like basically all music, quite a bit, and I get inordinately angry at people who refuse to be empathetic or listen to the other side. I'm also really good at math and function as my family's garbage disposal for leftovers.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: July 08, 2016, 10:55:08 am »

cool 66.6, darkness 66.6, blood 66.6, demon 66.6

please give me the cool powers, thx

Your power is to generate mist filling area around you. You must fully focus on generation for it take place, and maintain decent focus to keep mist in existance. There's no maximum range for your power, the mist keeps expanding as long as you can keep focusing. The mist silences all sounds and no other living being can be detected inside, even if they are standing right in front of each other, unless they were holding hands or were otherwise physically connected when they were engulfed by the mist. Dead beings can be detected just fine. Within this mist you can generate auditory hallucinations that will attempt mentally break the people, be they allies or not. Kind of on/off switch affacting everyone within. The mist affects you in same way as any fog would, limiting visibility, muffling sounds, but has no other effect.

Wind is your nemesis. While the mist can slow down wind considerably, stronger winds will dissipate it.

Mountain 35, bronze 40, cloud 7, emblem 13

I couldn't figure out much in terms of your personality, so it ended a bit bland. There you go:

You can breathe life into metal art, manipulate it like puppets with your mind. You sense their presence within certain distance from you and can instantly recognize their shape and size, location and distance. The downside is that the works of art you use tend to grow larger and heavier over time and deteriorate something that is no longer art, effectively denying resources from you. Where the extra mass comes from, no one knows.

If you were to team up with someone capable of shaping metal you could make powerful duo.

May as well. Everyone's been doing four, so I might do three and see what happens.

Catalyst 12, Wrong 13, Chiasm 41

If you need info on my personality, well. I really like this quote/ideal: "I will protect even those I hate, so long as it is right."
I also am very much a fan of using technology to advance the world, my favorite games are strategy and roleplaying games, my favorite part of books/GMing tends to be the world-building, I like basically all music, quite a bit, and I get inordinately angry at people who refuse to be empathetic or listen to the other side. I'm also really good at math and function as my family's garbage disposal for leftovers.

Much appreciated, on both accounts.

Your power is to bring objects from other realities into our own, even large buildings, but it must touch your hand when it comes forth. It is much easier to summon large objects than small ones. Your power also have strong emotional effect to people around you, related to purpose or nature of summoned object. For example if you summon a building or wall to hide behind, people's emotions will be forced to something along desire to protect. Bringing weapon will cause burst of uncontrolled violence. A statue might stir their imagination or creativity.

It seems more powers I create, less detailed they get...

I want another one!

Answer 42, Arcane 50, Depth 7, Magic 8

And now I wish I saved my notes about your personality. Oh well, gotta check it out again.

Your power is to understand things on level no one else can. A glance on something, and you instantly have complete and total understanding of it, everything it is, was and will be, its strenghts and faults, its possibilities, what it could be, what it is made of, its relations to other things and so on. The unfortunate side effect is that it makes you extremely apathetic and jaded when dealing with people, because you completely understand what they are after, how shallow and self-centerd or naive they are. While you could easily draw up a plan to uplift mankind into heights unimagined, there's no point because these fuckers don't deserve it.
Old sigs.
Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: July 08, 2016, 11:04:10 am »

Ooh, generation. I like generation.

Let's give it a shot. Fluorine 36, Bird 44.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: July 08, 2016, 11:16:15 am »

Your power is to generate mist filling area around you. You must fully focus on generation for it take place, and maintain decent focus to keep mist in existance. There's no maximum range for your power, the mist keeps expanding as long as you can keep focusing. The mist silences all sounds and no other living being can be detected inside, even if they are standing right in front of each other, unless they were holding hands or were otherwise physically connected when they were engulfed by the mist. Dead beings can be detected just fine. Within this mist you can generate auditory hallucinations that will attempt mentally break the people, be they allies or not. Kind of on/off switch affacting everyone within. The mist affects you in same way as any fog would, limiting visibility, muffling sounds, but has no other effect.
cool rating: 4/10 — does not adequately represent the darkness within my soul

(mist is way less cool than darkness >:()

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: July 08, 2016, 12:14:39 pm »

Well, why not?

Cocoon (25), CIF3 (33), word (20), rock (1).

In terms of personality, I enjoy reading and writing (specifically fantasy). I also do a lot of theater stuff, including singing and such, but don't generally listen to music. My favorite games are often sandbox-type things which involve taking individual pieces with specific rules/behaviors, seeing how they interact with each other, and putting them together in an interesting or powerful way. I am a terrible procrastinator, and have a bit of a short temper.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: July 08, 2016, 01:59:47 pm »

Yeah, run the powers game.
And afterwards, share this incredible generator.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: July 09, 2016, 04:34:03 am »

Ooh, generation. I like generation.

Let's give it a shot. Fluorine 36, Bird 44.

Your power is to turn into kind of non-physical form and back at will . In this form you are weightless, frictionless and ignoring gravity alltogether. In this form every solid surface works as "down" for you as long as you touch them, meaning you can walk on walls and ceiling just fine, can jump from walls to another in straight line, completely ignoring gravity. Your enchanted reflexes, great sense of orientation, direction and motion ensures that you can bounce between surfaces in very high speeds like a super ball and still remain in control of where you are going. In your second form you can also fit through considerably smaller openings than otherwise.

Well, why not?

Cocoon (25), CIF3 (33), word (20), rock (1).

In terms of personality, I enjoy reading and writing (specifically fantasy). I also do a lot of theater stuff, including singing and such, but don't generally listen to music. My favorite games are often sandbox-type things which involve taking individual pieces with specific rules/behaviors, seeing how they interact with each other, and putting them together in an interesting or powerful way. I am a terrible procrastinator, and have a bit of a short temper.

You can mark any surface with a... trap, which will trigger when a specific condition you set is fulfilled. When it is triggered, a new creature will spring out of it. Creatures are never identical, but share common insectoid theme. They posess destructive abilities that lets them break through any barricade and barrier. Size and power of spawned creature correlates directly with age of the trap, meaning longer it takes to trigger more destructive they will be. Unfortunately longer the trap stays untriggered, less you can control the creature that eventually comes out of it. So you every time you create a trap with your power you run into risk of creating some horrible monster that is hellbent on causing apocalypse.

cool rating: 4/10 — does not adequately represent the darkness within my soul

(mist is way less cool than darkness >:()
I guess you have not watched The Mist.

Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 238