Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 238

Author Topic: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)  (Read 407604 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)
« Reply #1425 on: July 29, 2014, 07:36:02 pm »

Dark Souls - Reign of the Four Kings has gone online for those of you who expressed interest.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 07:38:35 pm by Nerjin »
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: July 29, 2014, 07:45:27 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Is anyone interested in this?

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: July 29, 2014, 07:49:06 pm »

Here is a basic Writeup of the setting. I may need to change some of the numbers around later but its good enough for now.

Dusk:

The year is 2201 AD. As humanity expanded its reach from the Moon to Mars and finally the Kuiper belt.
Despite predictions of International Unity in science fiction Earth is still broken up into many countries.
While there have been many wars in the 21st century on Earth and the occasional skirmish amounst miners in
the asteroid belt, Earth has been much more peaceful than in previous centuries. In 2120 the GravSlip Sublumial Drive
was invented by Brazilian scientists on a Martian Colony. While it did not provide faster than light travel as hoped
it allowed ships to reach speeds of .10c in only a few minutes of acceleration without the effects of time dilation.
GravSlip allowed civilian ships to reach the Kuiper from earth in only a few days rather than half a year. The
GravSlip allows ships to hop between areas of High gravity with a short stop to recharge power. The creation
of bases and habitats on the moons of Jupiter and Neptune became commonplace for large corporations and leading nations.
With trips to Mars taking only hours millions of colonists were able to immigrate from overpopulated cities by the end
of the 22nd century. Wars on earth became even less common as Governments used their resources to build up infrastructure
off world. As the 23nd century began Humanity expected a continuation of the peace.

On April 5th 2200 Humanity had first contact with alien life. It is speculated that the crew of a Orion 3 Heavy Harvester
encountered the alien ship while searching for iron in the outer edge of the Kuiper belt. They were the first vessel to go
dark. Within 2 days there were 4 missing ships. Despite this Humanity at large was unaware of the threat because each ship
had been destroyed so quickly that that they did not have time to send a message. Its was only when the planetoid Vesta in
the main Asteroid belt was attacked that the nations of Earth began to respond. When the Scoutship appeared above Mars to
do what we now know to be a population scan it was attacked by 8 warships, 4 Chinese, 2 American and 1 from Britain and
India. Dozens of railgun shells and laser beams sped toward the alien and  impacted an energy field. It replied with a
pair of brilliant crimson beams that cut right through the hulls of the Victoria and the Liaoning. The alien ship was able
to fire a second and third that finished off the two damaged ships before being destroyed by a pair of 25 megaton nuclear
missiles. The first battle of the war was over. The invasion is about to begin.

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: July 29, 2014, 10:07:19 pm »

With regards to the ship building (the part I read) that looks absolutely fucking brilliant. A badass system.
I ran something similair one. The biggest problem is in balancing the part list.

Yeah thats going to be annoying

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: July 29, 2014, 10:18:16 pm »

I don't think anyone knows what the Major Arcana are.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: July 29, 2014, 10:23:10 pm »

*raises hand*

I know! I know! :P

not interested in the game though sorry. don't think its my thing
It's FEF, not FEOF

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: July 29, 2014, 10:24:10 pm »

Is that the 4/5 elements? Or is ether and a some other stuff?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: July 29, 2014, 10:26:44 pm »

*raises hand*

I know! I know! :P

not interested in the game though sorry. don't think its my thing
Eh, okay.

Is that the 4/5 elements? Or is ether and a some other stuff?

The arcana is the cards in a tarot deck. There's the minor Arcana, which are (If I remember right) the swords, the coins, and the plants(?). And there's the twelve major Arcana consisting of cards like the fool, the tower, strength, wheel of fortune, ectera.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: July 29, 2014, 10:30:29 pm »

Well that would be interesting but if I choose the Tower because I think it means defense and endurance and being a tank, but to you it means imprisonment and sight and being a scout, we're gonna have issues with having fun.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: July 29, 2014, 10:33:37 pm »

Actually I'll most likely be using the meanings I find on wikipedia. In any case we'd both be wrong as it represents a sudden change.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1435 on: July 30, 2014, 01:51:57 am »

With regards to the ship building (the part I read) that looks absolutely fucking brilliant. A badass system.
I ran something similar one. The biggest problem is in balancing the part list.
Balancing is the hardest and most discouraging part of making your own system, which can be really fun to do normally. You just need to dive in and not be afraid of making mistakes and just fix things as they come up.

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: July 30, 2014, 11:05:50 am »

I ran something similar one. The biggest problem is in balancing the part list.
Balancing is the hardest and most discouraging part of making your own system, which can be really fun to do normally. You just need to dive in and not be afraid of making mistakes and just fix things as they come up.

yeah.....

Does anyone have an idea for the name of the aliens?

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: July 30, 2014, 12:07:53 pm »

I made a Prototype Nation Sheet

Nation name: The name of the country you are playing as. It can be either a real Earth nation or a new nation in space.
Optional Flag or image: Place flag or a picture here.
Nation Type: While you can play as an earth nation you can also be a colony on Mars or a Satellite such as an O'Neill
Cylinder. Satellites/space stations count as very large ships.
Government Type: Bases what you can do RP wise in controlling your population.
--HARD VALUES--

Population Units: This is an abstraction of your population. Gives Money points.
Size: This is an abstraction of where you can draw material points from. It includes asteroids in claimed areas.
Populated areas: Includes colonies and space stations
-
-
-
Research Station Areas: These allow you to gain research points.
-
-
Military bases: These allow you to build/repair/refit ships. They are all space stations or built into an asteroid because
most ships cannot land.
-
-

Money: Used to do actions.
Money per turn: Gained from Population and the UN.
Material:Used to build ships and space stations. Also can improve areas.
Material per turn: From terrestrial and space mining
Research: Used to acquire technology
Research per turn: Comes from research stations and population. Can also be gained from looking at destroyed alien ships,
destroyed human ships with advanced technology, and alien artifacts/ruins.

Rare materials: These are items used in certain systems that only come in limited amounts. Some like Uranium can be mined
in the very beginning in some countries. Others are only found in the wreckage of alien ships or in ruins. Many are also
present on planets and asteroids but cannot be detected until certain technologies have been researched.
Rare Material Production: This is where you see how much of each rare item is being produced. Some can be synthesized from
regular material.

General Technology researched: Broad technology types such as teleportation, Advanced Laser weapons, Stealth Systems.
-
-
-
Specific Technology researched: Technology that can be used in ships such as various lasers, better hull plating, faster engines
-
-
-
General Technology available for research: Technology that you can now research based on what you already have. The list is
not all thats available, just all that your researchers have thought can be done. You can always ask the GM to research
something thats not on the list and he can say wether its within your capabilities.
-
-
-
Specific Techonology available for research: Based on general technology researched you can apply knowledge to make new
weapons and systems. You can also Reresearch something you already have to make it better. For example you can ask your
scientists to Miniaturize a Radar to fit in a small block instead of a medium block, or you can make a single cannon
into a double cannon.
-
-
-

--SOFT VALUES--

Population Morale: This is how the population feels about the war. Its not a specific number but a description. You can
change it with RPing propganda and showing videos of sucessful battles. It will probably start off as panicked. It also
causes random events such as the invention of new technology or riots.

Alien Sympathy: This is the possiblity of religious cults and other groups arising in support of Aliens. This tends
to be caused by Alien ships getting in close proximaty to your population centers. How you deal with it is up to you but
its quite possible for them to sabotage military vessels or even attack you with modified civilian vessels.

United Nations relationship: How well you are thought of by the United Nations. They are in control of a network of
High powered telescopes and satellites that warn of alien ships. They also have the ability to share technology between
countries with permission.

Specific problems: Basic writeup of national issues such as corruption, riots and natural disasters. These can erode Morale
and Increase Alien Sympathy. You can do things such as building walls and sending police to stop these problems.
These will usually cost money or other resources.

Relationships with other National Populations: How people feel about other players countries. This can be increased by
helping each other out in battle, exchanging resources and sending diplomats. It can be decreased by retreating from a
battle without fighting while other fleets stay, salvaging or stealing damaged ships, and random events.

--Military--

Fleet Deployments: This is where ship deployments are listed. This includes individual warships and generalized
tender fleets which are required to build structures and field repairs.
-
-
-

Ship blueprints: List your ship classes here.
-
-
-

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: July 30, 2014, 12:35:12 pm »

Are you going to this here, or somewhere else?

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: July 30, 2014, 02:21:05 pm »

Are you going to this here, or somewhere else?

here
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 238