Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 238

Author Topic: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)  (Read 407132 times)

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)
« Reply #660 on: November 19, 2013, 02:15:20 am »

I was having a thought about a game similar to what 10ebbor10 is running right now (Nations of Dolusil) except... well, only 3 players, plus a faction controlled by suggestion game.

Might be interesting.  Anyway, bump.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: November 24, 2013, 11:24:45 am »

Interest check, and looking for suggestions on a semi-cooperative mecha game, with a x-com or SRW-ish setting (i.e. Good guys of earth vs everyone else). Will feature some R&D and designing parts, light tactical play (probably just decided by a lot of dice rolls), and emphasis on wackiness.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: November 24, 2013, 11:27:34 am »

>_> You have my interest
It's FEF, not FEOF

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 24, 2013, 02:22:18 pm »

+1 Interest. Tsugagarblgarble did something like that in RtD which was quite good.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: December 12, 2013, 01:28:14 am »

This thread died on reply #666. Aaaaagh!

... Anyway. So I was thinking of doing something unusual in terms of rules. I've heard the idea kicked around a bit, but not very often. Here's my take on it, anyway.

Communist Roleplays, where everyone is a GM!
There are three types of character in a communist roleplay.

Leads are characters that a player is entirely based around. This is the traditional player character. You can never control this character if it is not yours. There can only be one lead for every player.

Actors are characters that are major parts of the story. They usually possess a defined character and appearance. You can declare a character an Actor which means that players can only control them with permission from you.

Extras are characters that are minor parts of the story. Their character doesn't matter much and usually can be decided on the fly. Any player can control an extra and define their appearance and personality.

When doing things that require random chance and skill, players post actions at the end of their posts, which are in bold. When this is posted, any player can act as GM and roll for the action, then describe the result. D20s are the standard, though other dice may be used as appropriate. Rolls cannot be made by the same player who posted or by people who have an obvious conflict of interest (I.E a player in a fight scene rolling for the other player) and the other player must respect the roll's description. If, for instance, the player posts that an attack is indescribably painful, then your character should act like it, no matter how badass you want them to be. The system should be also quite minimalist: just roll a single dice for an activity.

Just need to work out a setting. A complicated setting would just end up getting lost in the natural evolution of the roleplay, so it needs to be a simple concept. It also shouldn't have the potential to grow too fast and leave newcomers in the dust, so it should be easily graspable. Hrm. Perhaps time to revive Anything Can Happen? Always thought that needed a dusting off.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: December 12, 2013, 01:42:43 am »

Well you could go with a generic city setting since that would be really easy to grasp and you have a lot of options of characters. Like you can have cops and drug dealers. Or people who are both. Cities are good for that.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: December 12, 2013, 01:51:03 am »

I could do that... Wouldn't want to make it inaccessible to players, though, and I know that it's hard to keep your lore updated with a roleplay and roleplays tend to get crazier as time goes on. So having a modern city with loads of weird stuff in it makes you question the world it's in. Actually, idea! I should use something like that city from Planescape, some sort of multiversal hub that is just one sprawling city. Puts all players on the same level no matter what and explains weirdness... This is sounding like an actual roleplay now.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: December 12, 2013, 07:41:16 am »

Oh yeah, the Hive was the name? But yeah, plenty of things to do there. Thugs to beat up, priceless art to cast spells on, demons and undead and shit. Perfect for anybody who wants to play a roleplay/everybody is the GM game which also avoids the problem of waiting for the GM to get time as well. I like this idea.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: December 12, 2013, 02:53:09 pm »

I could do that... Wouldn't want to make it inaccessible to players, though, and I know that it's hard to keep your lore updated with a roleplay and roleplays tend to get crazier as time goes on. So having a modern city with loads of weird stuff in it makes you question the world it's in. Actually, idea! I should use something like that city from Planescape, some sort of multiversal hub that is just one sprawling city. Puts all players on the same level no matter what and explains weirdness... This is sounding like an actual roleplay now.
Will it feature the Lady of Pain? Because that alone is enough reason to join a game.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: December 13, 2013, 06:20:04 am »

Would anyone be interested in a Fallout based Role-play? I'm trying to make a "Home-brewed" system using most of the stuff from Fallout 1 and 2. But before I go any further with it I'd like to know if there's any interest.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: December 13, 2013, 07:19:08 am »

Would anyone be interested in a Fallout based Role-play? I'm trying to make a "Home-brewed" system using most of the stuff from Fallout 1 and 2. But before I go any further with it I'd like to know if there's any interest.

Will it be post-apocalyptic or post-post-apocalyptic?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: December 13, 2013, 07:54:05 am »

Will it be post-apocalyptic or post-post-apocalyptic?

What do you take me for? A coward? We're doing post-post-post-apocalyptic. Anything less is for leetle bebies. But in all honesty I've not thought of a setting just yet. I'm still working on the system in all honesty. I'm really up for almost anything once it gets finished though.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: December 13, 2013, 08:01:17 am »

Well, if it's post-post it would be possible for it to take place in the central U.S. since the radiation would just be reaching the New Vegas game levels by then.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: December 13, 2013, 11:11:30 am »

I would be interested in a post-post-apocalyptic game, for what it's worth. As long as the mechanics don't take two full posts to describe.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: December 13, 2013, 11:54:34 am »

As would I. I would also be interested in a post-apocalyptic game in general.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 238