Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 238

Author Topic: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)  (Read 406719 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2012, 02:21:16 pm »

So, I'm making a Rock God game based on LordBucket's suggestion game where you run a forum game. I'm trying to keep it not too complex, but it's hard. I have some very basic stuff so far, but want some feedback and new ideas. I'm thinking of using a d10/d20 for most combat rolls and using CIV 4-style unit bonuses (i.e. Axemen good against melee, Swordsmen good against ___, spearmen/pikemen good against cavalry, etc.). Any ideas?

Google Docs:

Unit and Building Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuVIx_dGFiP0dFFYXy1ueXhYZFJoWXU4UDdjdUw2MWc#gid=0
Summary Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuVIx_dGFiP0dF82cDVCRm11RVRDbG5xWUc0ZjFMZEE#gid=0

(Location will give resource bonuses/penalties. For example, a mountain would be + stone and metal, and - food and wood, and so forth.)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2012, 03:55:33 pm »

You need to use "gud grammurz".
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2012, 04:12:20 pm »

Hrm. I have the urge to make a Freeform Roleplay, but I can't think of a good idea. Help?
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2012, 11:43:56 am »

Hrm. I have the urge to make a Freeform Roleplay, but I can't think of a good idea. Help?
Bay12 takes over a nuclear powerplant, Bay12 stranded on a uninhabited island(Complete with cannibalistic natives), Bay12 after an apocalypse of some sort, Bay12 during the First/Second world war,...

Anyway, completly unrelated idea.

Nations of ...

Spoiler: What is this? (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: A typical region (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Technology and magic (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Techs everyone has (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tech tree (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Player actions (click to show/hide)

I might add other stuff later.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2012, 12:05:10 pm »

Some questions about your nation game:
- When you say that the mana field might deplete, is that depletion of a finite quantity (like oil) or out-pacing the regrowth of a renewable quantity (like overfishing)?
- Can mana be stored or transported?
- If deep mana fields are literally deep underground, is it possible to access them using non-magical mining?
Soaplent green is goblins!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2012, 12:17:00 pm »

Some questions about your nation game:
- When you say that the mana field might deplete, is that depletion of a finite quantity (like oil) or out-pacing the regrowth of a renewable quantity (like overfishing)?
- Can mana be stored or transported?
- If deep mana fields are literally deep underground, is it possible to access them using non-magical mining?
-I think they are best comparable with fresh water. Some regions have an ample supply, others little. There are sometimes large reserves, deep underground, constaining a large supply that refills very slowly. You could also have vast rapidly filling reserves, but those are rare. The ultimate sources of these are mana springs, hidden deep underground.

- For small scale use, in crystals and such, but players will eventually be capable(probably a project or tech) of moving mana wherether by storing it or create a large scale manaduct. Mana fields can also move on themselves. If you deplete a mana field in one region, mana will flow from the other. Note that mana field depletion will disrupt the natural magic field, leading to potential disasters.
Mana can also slowly crystallize, possible forming large solid underground reserves of magical ore.

-They are quite deep. Note that you don't really need to acces them physically, trained wizards can just use them, whitout directly accesing them. Having a mineshaft down there would increase manaflow, but for nonmagical societies this will form no problems. The mana springs are almost always hidden deep underground, and are the source of all mana.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2012, 12:11:28 pm »

Hello everybody. It's Doom again with some more info on the Rock Gods game. Vanigo will probably notice several similarities to his game, but I just like some of the mechanics, so I went ahead and borrowed them- changing them a bit, of course. Anyways, I'm just posting up my two google docs to make sure that it's relatively balanced. I still have lots of mechanics to figure out, but this is a good start to work off of, I think.

Here's the links: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuVIx_dGFiP0dFFYXy1ueXhYZFJoWXU4UDdjdUw2MWc#gid=0
and https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuVIx_dGFiP0dF82cDVCRm11RVRDbG5xWUc0ZjFMZEE#gid=0
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2012, 03:06:54 pm »

People, please give me some feedback on the balance. I don't want to have terrible balance issues before I even start working.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2012, 03:09:49 pm »

It looks complicated. That's all I can say. Most of the time I just get going and rebalance things midgame.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2012, 02:53:33 pm »

^ That is good idea.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2012, 02:58:45 pm »

Yeah, I can't really tell what I'm looking at here.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2012, 03:13:30 pm »

I had a legendary good(?) idea. Reworking Fortune Street (Boom Street in UK) as a Forum Game. It's so crazy it might just work.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2012, 12:44:33 pm »

Seems like a sort of monopoly-like game. Could be fun.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2012, 09:04:34 pm »

Well, I certainly have no chance in GMing them, but I can at least suggest a few things.

Anyone remember the Countries at War games? Decent group, if a bit cluttered for GMs to do turns in a daily frame.

Other than that, Godhood. A once rather popular series of forum games. Not sure what happened to it anymore.

Why I'm saying this? Because, well, You Are X kinda lost their touch for me, and I don't really have any more time to participate in a tabletop RPG such as 3.5e DnD.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2012, 03:52:42 am »

Godhood is still going on, if not that strongly. The next game starts next month.

Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 238