Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 238

Author Topic: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)  (Read 407370 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)
« Reply #2385 on: September 05, 2015, 06:20:35 am »

I've always just gone straight for a regular Google search. The forum search function has never given me any relevant results, but maybe I've just been doing it wrong. Praise Irony and his powers of magic quotes!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: September 06, 2015, 07:50:50 pm »

Been thinking about running a Slasher Mafia game using the Apocalypse World engine (Specifically, Zombieworld, I feel that with some minor tweaks, the player lists for that game would work great for a Slasher game). Rules would be similar to Mafia, but would have to fight to execute or take down who you decided was the Slasher/Your Victim. Seems interesting?

Edit: If someone's character dies, he will be given another one to play as. A form of lives, I guess. Also, may remove the mafia aspect if it would be too hard to have a more actiony mafia where even if you are chosen to die, you have a chance to survive by escaping from the killer
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 07:57:08 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: September 17, 2015, 02:55:59 pm »

I've had a recent desire to make a forum game based on the old super robot shows such as Mazinger and Getter Robo, which will (hopefully) involve plenty of shouting, RP and an emphasis on quick, brutal combat (so that I don't get burned out too quickly). I haven't entirely finished writing up the fluff yet (though the game will be set in the future of 200X and have the usual mix of futuristic and 70s technologies) but I would appreciate it if someone were to take a look through the rules and confirm that they're understandable and that I didn't leave anything important floating around my head. I've definitely done that once or twice before when making a game and it is very embarrassing to have happen to you after all.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 07:13:58 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: September 17, 2015, 02:59:37 pm »

Seems cool. Link once you post it.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: September 17, 2015, 03:04:59 pm »

The stats only having a 50% chance of being effective seems a bit of an odd choice.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: September 17, 2015, 03:09:30 pm »

If the stats like HP are low, even for the enemies, then it actually kind of makes sense. If you always got it, then everyone would just dump every point into damage and never let the enemies get a turn. As is, you can't rely on that, so it's smart to spread them out more.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: September 17, 2015, 04:49:18 pm »

Seems cool. Link once you post it.

That's the plan. I just need to work on the fluff for the intro and then everything should be (more or less) ready. So it should be up sometime on the weekend.

The stats only having a 50% chance of being effective seems a bit of an odd choice.

The 50% chance to succeed bit was inspired by Master of Magic, which operates on a similar mechanic. Basically I wanted a system which was simple to use without being too imbalanced and the 50% chance struck me as a good way to accomplish that. Also it produces a nice bell-curve for damage that you don't get in a simple dX system, which is something I like to look for. Since stats are low for both enemies and players it should hopefully result in quick, brutal battles.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: September 19, 2015, 03:17:51 pm »

Does anyone like the idea of a monster apocalypse rogue like forum game? Planning to run one, where monsters begin to appear on Friday the thirteenth, and the group of survivors try their best to survive the day. The game won't be serious, more like a video game or an anime than anything realistic, with badass survivors fighting against horrid monsters with awesome and absurd weapons.

On another note, is their such a thing as an online poker deck? The game uses poker cards instead of dice.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: September 20, 2015, 03:37:15 pm »

I've been toying around with the idea of a draft based game. I just posted one, but I was wondering what fun games I could make based around drafting.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: September 20, 2015, 03:38:41 pm »

"Draft based?"

What do you mean?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: September 20, 2015, 03:39:34 pm »

I assume that he means picking cards/whatever out from a limited/random selection and playing with them? Something like that.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: September 20, 2015, 03:39:47 pm »

I assume that he means picking cards/whatever out from a limited/random selection and playing with them? Something like that.
yeah
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: September 20, 2015, 09:48:30 pm »

I've been thinking about doing an Igynpadca reboot. It would basically work like the original Igynpadca, but in a different medium. I'd do it one of three ways:
  • Collectible trading card game: The game would be about discussing rules and combos and lore. The actual rule structure would be made up by players discussing the game. Maybe something playable might even arise from this.
  • Roleplaying game: Rather than trying to play an actual game in the universe, like I've tried in the past, the game would be about discussing what it's like to be players or GMs in the game (similar to the D&D thread in General Discussion).
  • Single-player videogame: I originally intended Igynpadca to be single-player game, taking inspiration from modded Minecraft and Terraria, though it soon turned into the most complicated MMORPG conceived by mankind. Though I'm very happy with how it turned out, I'm still curious about what could have been.
Which version would people prefer?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 238