Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 238

Author Topic: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)  (Read 407270 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)
« Reply #1845 on: November 22, 2014, 06:08:41 pm »

You know what?

There aren't enough mecha games.

And none of them are at the scale I like.

I'll have to fix this myself.

Now just for a rules system...Oh wait, i designed one a while back, didn't I?

Just need to find it, and make some ways for customization...

((Suggestions welcome:P))
A button in the mecha similar to the changes-per-episode one in Megas XLR would be awesome. (but probably OP)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: November 22, 2014, 06:10:27 pm »

Mecha games are odd to me: there's always lots of planning for it in Gaming Block, but they rarely actually happen...

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: November 22, 2014, 06:23:22 pm »

While I welcome more mecha games, the type of story/setting you want to run probably isn't the thing for me.

Hmmmm maybe I should run a Super Robot game. Real Robots are kinda over represented on this forum.
It's FEF, not FEOF

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: November 22, 2014, 06:39:20 pm »

Oh, I wouldn't mind a Super Robot forum game. Maybe something like Combattler/Voltes where the players combine smaller vechiles into a super robot? Of course the only problem with that is that you then have to figure out what the other four players will do while they're all in the giant robot...

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: November 22, 2014, 08:01:01 pm »

Of course the only problem with that is that you then have to figure out what the other four players will do while they're all in the giant robot...
Perhaps they could use a suggestion game system to vote on the desired overall action. Or if there are integrated weapons in their units, they could use those to fire upon hostiles.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: November 22, 2014, 08:54:00 pm »

While I welcome more mecha games, the type of story/setting you want to run probably isn't the thing for me.

Hmmmm maybe I should run a Super Robot game. Real Robots are kinda over represented on this forum.
Oh?

What do you think I'm doing for the story? >:D :P
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: November 22, 2014, 08:56:14 pm »

i probably should have left story out of that statement and just say setting. Thats what I was talking about
It's FEF, not FEOF

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: November 22, 2014, 08:59:46 pm »

Ah. Yes, I prefer smaller Mechs(as in two stories rather than twenty...), and twenty-minutes-into-the-future stuff. Plus, mechs are rarely truly humanoid in every aspect.

The story'll be along the lines of Mech-based gladiator combat, but anime style(rather than arcade style :P), so it's the player team having to work their way up to save something or other.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: November 23, 2014, 01:21:28 am »

Spoiler: Example Weapon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Explanation of Terms (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Example Ship (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Explanation of Terms (click to show/hide)

As this is gonna be more or less the base system, adjusted, for the mech game, and I had a lot more notes for this(and never actually got around to doing it), I think I'll start this at some point instead, for the moment. What I need to figure out, however, is plot/what you bloody bastards would actually be doing.

Maybe I should do something similar to USEC's old space game. Save with aliens being the enemy and the players only controlling one side.(Good luck with that, by the way)

I think I will.

Now to figure out how to make map-systems work. They have always been my weakness.

And also to dig through my closet for my notes...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: November 23, 2014, 01:29:45 am »

I've gone through so many ways of making maps. My current way works well, but its only good at topdown or sideview maps, I think, and the one for Skies involves like, 6 layers.

At somepoint in the past I've also tried doing it with things like REXpaint, or hexographer.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: November 23, 2014, 01:51:28 am »

In all honesty, a 3D map would be the best, but that's also just not going to happen, period.

Top-down would work well.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: November 23, 2014, 02:16:41 am »

Working on a game. Initial stuff and backstory is done, but I need a set of mechanics for things like weapons, armour, damage, mana, etc. Any good pre-existing systems I can use?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: November 23, 2014, 02:24:43 am »

What kind of game are you thinking about?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: November 23, 2014, 02:55:52 am »

Fantasy medieval where gods are very much active in the world.

EDIT: I only need the structure for mana, weapons, armour, stats, and other stuff. I already have the god mechanics done.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 05:17:23 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: November 23, 2014, 10:03:35 pm »

So far what I'm thinking is:

1) PCs are all Ogres of some sort [maybe all Paladins as well].
2) They live on a planet where most 'civilized' races never existed [humans, elves, dwarves, gnomes, etc. etc.]
3) Goblinoids, Orcs, Trolls, Ogres, Ettins, etc. are the prodominent races.
4) The party will be part of a more global offensive against the other tribes and clans of the world.

Essentially this is all I have thus far.

So the Ogre D&D 3.5 game I was talking about earlier is coming along okay. I have a basic outline for the major clans. I'm still waffling on whether a clan should comprise of only one race or whether it should be various hordes of races. Anyways:

The Phantom Hand Clan: 3 Territories in the North West Corner of the map. They favor red clothing. They favor Close Range Spellcasters.

The Abyssal Hammer Clan: 4 Territories in the Northern portion of the map. They favor orange clothing. They favor Warrior Classes.

The Endless Twilight Clan: 3 Territories in the North East portion of the map. They favor white clothing. They favor religious classes.

Necrospatia: 6 Territories to the South of The Endless Twilight Clan. They favor Green clothing. Necromancy is popular here.

The Rotting Eye Clan: 3 Territories south of Necrospatia. They favor Yellow Clothing. They are relatively balanced.

The Nightmare's Usurper Clan: 4 Territories in the center of the continent. They favor Black clothing. They are mostly focused on anti-magic ability.

The Infernal Scythe Clan: 3 Territories to the West of The Nightmare's Usurper Clan. They favor Blue clothing. They are mostly religious.

The Nichts Wichtig Clan: 2 Territories to the south of The Abyssal Hammer Clan. They are you! They favor purple clothing. They are balanced, though weak at the start of the game.

Thoughts?

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 238