Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 238

Author Topic: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)  (Read 407934 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)
« Reply #1185 on: June 08, 2014, 09:26:35 am »

Up to around GX, so none of those Synchros and Xyzs. I might decide to keep Hieratics and such, but Synchros and Xyzs are almost definitely getting the boot, unless someone can tell me a god reason to keep them.

Thank you, the game will be a lot smoother without all that nonsense. You summon a card with tributes, not all this new bullshit about synchros and ranks.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: June 08, 2014, 09:29:24 am »

Don't even get me started on Pendulums. I can't make heads or tails of that stuff. It uses some 'Pendulum meter' thing to determine what can and can't be summoned.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: June 08, 2014, 09:34:16 am »

eh, Syncros aren't horrible, but they do take away from pretty much everything the past "generation" were building up, pretty much, so I agree on them getting the boot. Besides, the series where they're from is basically a lot of time in the future or whatever, so it makes sense that they wouldn't appear as well.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: June 08, 2014, 09:36:58 am »

Don't even get me started on Pendulums. I can't make heads or tails of that stuff. It uses some 'Pendulum meter' thing to determine what can and can't be summoned.

That wouldn't have flown in the hood back in the day. YuGiOh was clear cut and ferocious, not all these additives they had to put on, which I'd guess is just a means to sell more cards. Maybe that would have been alright for Pokemon, but definitely not the Y Game. (Not disrespecting the Pokemon TCG, but it was always perceived as more of a thing for suburban kids. Cultural/socioeconomic differences and all.)

So, in addition to dueling will there be a whole school aspect with actual classes and socializing with other students?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: June 08, 2014, 09:39:09 am »

That wouldn't have flown in the hood back in the day. YuGiOh was clear cut and ferocious, not all these additives they had to put on, which I'd guess is just a means to sell more cards. Maybe that would have been alright for Pokemon, but definitely not the Y Game. (Not disrespecting the Pokemon TCG, but it was always perceived as more of a thing for suburban kids. Cultural/socioeconomic differences and all.)

So, in addition to dueling will there be a whole school aspect with actual classes and socializing with other students?
Yes. Yes there will.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: June 08, 2014, 12:04:46 pm »

I don't think I even know what synchronization stuff you're talking about.

For XYZ, are you talking about XYZ Dragon Tank?

But, but....I like machine-type decks! How can you have a machine deck without XYZ Dragon Tank?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: June 08, 2014, 12:25:47 pm »

I don't think I even know what synchronization stuff you're talking about.

For XYZ, are you talking about XYZ Dragon Tank?

But, but....I like machine-type decks! How can you have a machine deck without XYZ Dragon Tank?

Nah, XYZ Dragon Tank is fine. XYZ-Monsters though, they're part of the new stuff. This is how they work, see if you can figure it out.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: June 08, 2014, 12:35:23 pm »

...what the shit. I barely get it.

I think Synchro Summons are alright, but I also never had a special investment, so I just don't really see how it ruins whatever's being builton or whatever.

But also/mostly, I just know that in order for a lot of card games to stay interesting, they have to introduce new effects and mechanics sometimes, otherwise you just reach the limit of the variety of cards possible. Every block does it in MtG. Just, maybe not as drastic of changes as Yu-Gi-Oh does, with new monster card types and whatnot.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: June 08, 2014, 12:41:07 pm »

The only reason I think Synchro Summoning is okay is because it actually makes decks focusing on low level monsters a lot more viable, alongside cards that increase levels
So BlitzDungeoneer, where will we be playing this, once/if it starts? On that forum linked in your sig or here?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: June 08, 2014, 03:23:38 pm »

The only reason I think Synchro Summoning is okay is because it actually makes decks focusing on low level monsters a lot more viable, alongside cards that increase levels
So BlitzDungeoneer, where will we be playing this, once/if it starts? On that forum linked in your sig or here?
We'll be doing this here, as that forum is an open RP forum.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: June 09, 2014, 04:06:55 am »

Now, only thing left to decide is whether it will be a multiple character game, or a Suggestion Game. Which one? Or should I just make an OOC thread now?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: June 10, 2014, 11:59:36 am »

I came up with a fun idea for a card game. You are one of several guys telling bullshit stories in a bar trying to score free drinks, represented by playing cards. The players are divided into three teams and with all of them trying to tell the best story while making sure the other teams don't win. In a turn, you can tell your story to get more respect, add a grain of truth to the other player's stories, or cause an outside circumstance to change the game's situation.
Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)
What do you guys think? Any critique? Who would be interested?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: June 10, 2014, 12:07:46 pm »

It seems like an interesting system, to say the least. Definitely interested in this.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: June 10, 2014, 12:26:02 pm »

I'm all for a storytelling game. Is there any actual gameplay difference between sad/happy, success/failure? Like 'the atmosphere is melancholy for this turn; gain +3 Respect Points from Spades'?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: June 10, 2014, 12:27:43 pm »

Sounds interesting enough.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 238