Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dark Fortresses.  (Read 632 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Dark Fortresses.
« on: May 25, 2012, 03:43:53 pm »

Hey, I want to make a race that hangs out in dark fortresses. however, if i assign it dark fortresses to live in, it ganks the goblins' dark fortresses. This means I cannot have my race and goblins in the same embark. Can I fix this? Maybe have dark fortresses at worldgen, and a seperate, darkerest fortress that also gens? Am I explaining this right? I'm really tired.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Fortresses.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 06:36:59 pm »

Both goblins and your modded race can exist in the same world. Maybe the goblins aren't being generated in the worlds you happened to generate, or the goblins are being killed off. If you know the gobbos are being generated, check legends to see if they're dying from fighting all of the time.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 10:36:38 pm »

Your entities are labelled the same

Just change [ENTITY:EVIL] to [ENTITY:DARK] or something.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 03:35:27 am »

Ahhh, so if i label them different, the game will then generate the two in the same area in seperate dark fortresses? That makes sense. Thanks =)
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0