Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Which utility lets you modify Strange Moods?  (Read 852 times)

Grumman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Which utility lets you modify Strange Moods?
« on: May 25, 2012, 07:14:20 am »

I've recently gotten back into the game, and just discovered that there was a rather glaring omission from the embark profile that means I've got a dwarf that will go insane. For this reason, I'm looking for the old utility that allowed me to swap the materials a moody dwarf is looking for. Can somebody help?

Kadian

• Bay Watcher
  • Dragon (Semi-wild)
    • View Profile
Re: Which utility lets you modify Strange Moods?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 07:26:16 am »

I believe Runesmith was able to change the materials for a strange mood, at least in the past. The Problem is, Runesmith doesn't get updated due to his creator being busy with real life, and nobody else cared to make a smiliar tool.
So, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that we currently have no tools to change moods.

Grumman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 07:35:46 am »

Oh. In that case, I guess I'll have to go with my backup plan: wall her in and dig her a nice tomb to say "Sorry you decided to be difficult!"

At least she's only a peasant.

Kadian

• Bay Watcher
  • Dragon (Semi-wild)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 09:28:26 am »

Check her Description and write down what she likes :P Make a statue out of it and put it into her tomb, that should make her happy :D

If you have problems with Moods, i believe that DfHack has a tool that lets you see what exactly she needs for creating the artefact. DF-hack can also change items and veins, so you could cheat and get yourself the needes materials with this program. It's a bit more complicated though.

Captain Crazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 04:15:03 pm »

Is it pure luck to get a statue of a specific creature?
I usually think of Armok as the pure essence of FUCK YOU!

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 04:35:42 pm »

If you have problems with Moods, i believe that DfHack has a tool that lets you see what exactly she needs for creating the artefact.

showmood

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 07:46:42 pm »

you can always modify and unused reaction to give the parts you need for the strange mood.

Grumman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 09:42:21 pm »

you can always modify and unused reaction to give the parts you need for the strange mood.
I should have thought of that. It's too late now - she's currently running around in circles gibbering at dorfs - but thanks for the reminder.