Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Our situation looks helpless.  What do we do?

Fight back the siege.
- 9 (19.1%)
Send missions to get a shovel then colonize a cavern.
- 25 (53.2%)
Cheat to get a shovel then colonize a cavern.
- 13 (27.7%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22

Author Topic: Tadlotlindrirajer: Community Kobold Camp: Please Vote On Our Fate!  (Read 30868 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Tadlotlindrirajer: Community Kobold Camp: Please Vote On Our Fate!
« Reply #270 on: June 18, 2012, 01:39:20 pm »

It may mean a necro snuck down or came in via the caverns, but otherwise thier raising has always been limited to line of sight.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 18, 2012, 01:54:51 pm »

What splint said. A Necromancer can't raise what he can't see.

Also, how do you think Taz is digging his hole? Probably using his axe. Or maybe he just carries a shovel around with him.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 18, 2012, 01:58:54 pm »

Clearly he found a vaugly shovel head shaped daimond in the dirt and is digging with that.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #273 on: June 18, 2012, 02:21:43 pm »

Well It's good to know how they raise the dead.

And I guess we will have to wait and see how they are digging :P

BeserkNINJA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 18, 2012, 02:50:16 pm »

cheers and heres to hopin the camp lives long enough for another generation of Feraltalons to come of age.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 18, 2012, 03:32:13 pm »

Captainkobold,

NECROMANCER SIEGES NEVER LIFT, NEVER LEAVE, NEVER DIE. Not even if the necromancer dies, you still have zombies.

And more then one necromancer can come, I once had one where TWELVE of the bitches came. And they can be LEGENDARY fighters and armored depending on there past. A dwarfsoldier may be a legendary axedwarf covered in steel. A human may be a fishcleaner with a silver lightsaber butterknife.

So yeah, screwed.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 18, 2012, 03:36:20 pm »

Yeah. I'll take the man eating cave alligators and antler'd ostriches please.

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #277 on: June 18, 2012, 03:44:08 pm »

Man... Necromancers are WAY scarier than I'd realized.  Hugo told me that he may have a solution as to prevent x-ray dead-raisings if we do believe that such a thing will happen.  This is my first ever encounter with necromancers, so I haven't been sure what the rules are.  How does one avoid getting necromancers in the future?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 18, 2012, 03:55:54 pm »

While they won't take th zombies with them, they get bored and leave eventually.

Otherwise you need to make them one with the reaper in a more literal sense.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 19, 2012, 02:44:30 am »

Modding?  Ewww....

I'm all for a last stand, really.  We just gotta make sure it's on our terms. 

How would you get a shovel without cheating?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 19, 2012, 03:36:52 am »

wait for them to wander away from wherever it is. But logically wouldn't the guys in charge of digging always have thier shovels? Cause as soon as  'bold goes out they will die. This is no way for a kobold to die. Cause they can't even do anything to bring them down except isolate-eliminate and that will be impossible.

If it has to be based all on gameplay, then it signing our death sentence. Otherwise for story purposes I think we can justiify it. Besides, undead aside the caverns can be much nastier than the surface can ever hope to be: Trogs, cav crocs, giant toads, voracious cave crawlers, vicious crundle swarms (me and corai both can vouch for them being nasty little shits,) cave dragons.... made worse if there's a GCS in the area they go under at: Kobolds don't have helmets as far as I can tell. Not ones that can resist a GCS bite.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 19, 2012, 08:38:47 am »

Yeah, but if we can tame those damn crundles...

Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #282 on: June 19, 2012, 09:17:31 am »

It would be VERY hard to make the last stand on our terms.  The camp is currently locked underground in the food cave which has no extra weaponry or armor in it.  This was by design, because it's intended purpose was hiding away until the threat left.  Of course, then I wasn't planning for necromancers who stay forever.  In terms of modding, what I would do is make it so that choppers can be used to dig and have Taz dig us down to the caverns.  If we're not modding, it's opening the gate long enough for one kobold to get out, run grab the shovel from the stockpile it is in, and then run back.  It's very dangerous and could take some waiting depending upon where the corpses are hanging out at the moment.  It also may not go down properly in one try meaning dead kobolds.

Digging hasn't been a priority for the camp and I've been having military kobolds do the digging the few times that it's been done.  Because of this, I've been telling them to stop digging afterwards so that they can hold their weapons effectively (a chopper taking two hands).

Once we get down into the caverns there will be an entirely new challenge.  As Splint said, the cavern creatures are a rougher sort than we are used to and it could well be that we dig down only to die.  If that proves to be true at least we tried and fought boldly.  There are certainly other stories to tell.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 19, 2012, 09:06:36 pm »

Given kobolds traditionally lived in caves for some time, they might live better down there..... Plus we gotta make sure all those pups at least see three years! We owe them that much!

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 20, 2012, 12:37:52 am »

Given kobolds traditionally lived in caves for some time, they might live better down there..... Plus we gotta make sure all those pups at least see three years! We owe them that much!

The pups, thats how!

Keep the pups alive, make fungiwood spears and stuff, then ZERGRUSH the zombies with koboldlings!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22