Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Our situation looks helpless.  What do we do?

Fight back the siege.
- 9 (19.1%)
Send missions to get a shovel then colonize a cavern.
- 25 (53.2%)
Cheat to get a shovel then colonize a cavern.
- 13 (27.7%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22

Author Topic: Tadlotlindrirajer: Community Kobold Camp: Please Vote On Our Fate!  (Read 30899 times)

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Tadlotlindrirajer: Kobold Community Camp: Tiny, Mighty Warriors!
« Reply #150 on: May 30, 2012, 10:27:59 am »

"Cadbee!" her mother said. "Cadbee, wake!" She had barely regained consciousness when the screams started. Next thing she knew, they were running away.
"Where pa?" she asked as she tried to keep up with her mother. "Gone. Don't let go." Came the answer, and her mother grabbed the pup's clawed hand with hers. And they ran.

A kobold pup is little smarter than an animal but Cadbee didn't need any more than that to realize what was going on. Laughing humans with nets were chasing down frightened kobolds and capturing those that they didn't kill instead. The camp itself was burning. "Leaving cave bad idea" she heard her mother say, "Must hide in forest. Camp dead now."  They kept passing dead kobolds, their bodies torn apart by knifes far bigger than Cadbee knew existed. Mother was trying to keep to the shadows, but light provided by the fire was too much for natural kobold skulking skill to hide them out in the open. Any cover they had would be gone when they got past the last hut and reached the clearing around the camp. But even a slight hope was better than staying in the camp and having no hope, so they ran.

Cadbee's earliest memory was one of tiredness and fear. And also of that one human who suddenly appeared in front of them when they've almost made it into the forest. He was huge, he was holding one of those really big knifes she saw earlier and he was laughing.He raised his sword and Cadbee and mother turned around, starting running. Again. Cadbee heard her mother scream in pain, but she didn't stop for mother. Her legs were the only things keeping her alive, and she still had her claw in hers. Altough it felt almost like it wasn't there after her scream, so she spared a glance. What she saw was a bloody remnants of her mother's arm in her grasp. Cadbee learned one could run much faster than she thinks she can when she's powered by sheer terror that day.

In her small mind she knew that she had to hide. So she got inside the first building she could, and hid under a table. And started praying. Cadbee never learned that it started raining around that time, masking the sound of her heavy breathing after so much running, or that it kept the fire from spreading, These things were beyond the understanding of a little pup. But in the morning after, she crawled out of the table to find herself in the little temple that kobolds had built in their camp. She saw that she was hiding under the sacrificial altar dedicated to Plasobler and knew what she must do. She would dedicate her life to the Gods and keeping Kobold camps safe. Her life, she thought. She was alone in a dead camp, she would have to find somewhere to live. She remembered some kobolds talk about another camp where the forest was thickest. So she ran, trying not to see the aftermath of the human raid all around her.

Eh, sorry it's a bit rushed, but I wanted to get it out of me before I had to start studying again. Damn finals. Maybe I'll get back to it and fix it, but I don't think so. At least I know what happens after this, so it should be better, I think.
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 30, 2012, 11:30:33 pm »

Cadbee, may Srojlachlis be with you.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #152 on: May 31, 2012, 01:03:49 pm »

Just wanted to confirm that the winter post will be up either very late tonight or sometime tomorrow. I'm already a decent way into it so I also will be doing a Legends post so if you have any questions about historical figures or your bolds family members post them now! I'm on a mobile device now on break but as soon as I get back home I will link the fantastic journals to the index!

Also we need some pups to be born or something so there can be a happy post! Get smuggling kobolds!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #153 on: May 31, 2012, 01:57:18 pm »

haha
Get smuggling kobolds!
if only we could smuggle in more kobolds for the cause :P

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #154 on: May 31, 2012, 10:20:40 pm »

Apparently my kindle doesn't know the word snuggling!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 02, 2012, 09:52:33 am »

hehe.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 02, 2012, 10:14:16 am »

Harh.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 02, 2012, 10:14:42 am »

MUHAHA!
Highly Opinionated Fool

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #159 on: June 02, 2012, 10:58:46 am »

Thanks for your patience and your mad laughter everyone.  I'm typing up the Winter post right now.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 02, 2012, 11:24:43 am »

YAY!
any new migrants?
Highly Opinionated Fool

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #161 on: June 02, 2012, 11:26:56 am »

I'm not allowed to tell you that!  The post should hopefully be up soon.  I'll admit, it's not as exciting as Autumn was but hopefully it will add some interesting stuff!"

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 02, 2012, 11:30:02 am »

well, i need to be boided, and everyones taken so i hope there will be migrants.
Highly Opinionated Fool

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #163 on: June 02, 2012, 11:31:42 am »

Are you/were you on the future kobolds list?  It could be that I ended up missing you by accident.  All I'm seeing as still needing to be bolded are Neku and Murgy/Murgie.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 02, 2012, 11:32:22 am »

nope.

i prefer changing my wants randomly.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22