Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Our situation looks helpless.  What do we do?

Fight back the siege.
- 9 (19.1%)
Send missions to get a shovel then colonize a cavern.
- 25 (53.2%)
Cheat to get a shovel then colonize a cavern.
- 13 (27.7%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22

Author Topic: Tadlotlindrirajer: Community Kobold Camp: Please Vote On Our Fate!  (Read 30878 times)

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
Re: Tadlotlindrirajer: Kobold Community Camp: Tiny, Mighty Warriors!
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2012, 12:54:24 am »

There has been significantly less killing in this story than there was in my previous camp simply because the things here have been BIGGER.  Currently, Niyazov is the only one with any recorded kills.  She has killed 2 tick women (using her crossbow as a club) and two giant sparrows) using her crossbow as a crossbow.  I've added a sheet to the spreadsheet that I'll keep updated, though if you'd like a count and I've not updated it let me know!

I'm not sure that I'll make anything plot intensive happen with Chungotlus unless there is significant interest.  Mostly I wanted to differentiate between the two settings, but I like the story-teller angle.

BeserkNINJA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2012, 07:26:01 am »

ive just seen what my characters translated name is and if possible could i have claw changed to buzzard or talon whatever you prefer.

thanks

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2012, 07:42:25 am »

Absolutely!  I'll change that in the posts.

BeserkNINJA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2012, 09:02:31 am »

thanks

im loving the way the story is written

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2012, 09:03:12 am »

Me too!  You're a pretty good writer. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2012, 09:18:35 am »

Valk's Diary, Entry One

My name is Valkrie Haredius IV, but just call me Valk. As is the family tradition,  I am bilingual in both human and kobold. It certainly helps when trading. I am the husband of Lobster, my lovely wife with a name that unfortunately translates into a word that is rather silly in Human. Her real name is Gantak, but she's learning human and wants to sound all human like. Can't complain.

As my ancestors once did, I ventured from the family home and onto a kobold traveling group with only my wife, some food and my carpentry tools. I have arrived and already I can work. This shall be a good community!

Still talks like a hummie, sadly.

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2012, 09:24:24 am »

Awww, thanks guys!  I appreciate the encouragement and hope I can keep writing stuff that works well!

@Valk, Seeing as you've described Valk as bilingual, I may have him slip into more human-speech patterns when trying to explain more complicated concepts.  Could make for some amusing bits!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2012, 09:26:34 am »

That'd be cool!

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2012, 11:19:27 am »

New poll is up!  While I'm not at a loss of what to work on, it would be cool to know what the community wants.  What shall we build?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2012, 11:52:40 am »

I vote either a communal nursery or a few private cuddlehuts.

Niyazov

• Bay Watcher
  • shovel them under and let me work - I am the grass
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2012, 12:15:38 pm »

A palisade and guardhouse.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2012, 01:24:50 pm »

I vote for Temple, also what deity does Hugo worship? It seems I have become the camps doctor,preist, and historian (I guess witch-doctor is kindof a shaman-ish position) with that can we have a Deity spread sheet? If you like you can PM it all and setup the sheet and I can fill it all out (Deity name (kobold and translated), what they are assoicated with, and who worships them.) I don't mind taking that burden off your shoulders.

Plus knowing who I worship will give me more material on journals, and off-screen actions.

BTW I very much enjoy the cropping.

I vote either a communal nursery or a few private cuddlehuts.
Haha "Love Shack"
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 01:26:50 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #87 on: May 28, 2012, 01:31:57 pm »

@Splint, I'm trying to work out the best way to house kobolds.  I've got a couple of ideas.  I like the idea of a single nursery because it promotes the idea of all the kobold pups bouncing around together all the time.  Of course, once a birth happens you'll see that we get a LOT of kobold pups.  It's simultaneously terrifying, adorable, hilarious, and a huge pain logistically.  I am leaning towards giving married couples their own space for snuggling as they see fit, but I don't want to do that until everyone at least has a bed to sleep in.

@Niyazov, I'm working out whether I want to use a wall because I'm slightly concerned that it might make things too easy.  Last camp I ran there was a wall with traps and gates which basically made it kobold easy mode.  Perhaps if there were defensible entrances not filled with traps/gates it wouldn't be so dwarfy.

@Hugo, I assumed that in order for Hugo to be a doctor, he would have to be educated to some extent and religion kind of came along with that for now.  I'm guessing that our next migrant wave will bring us a more legitimate priest figure who I can put down as a Historian.  At some point I should maybe detail my mental process behind this...  The Historian is a very important part of kobold society to the point that if everyone dies but one person, you should try to make the last one a Historian.  They pass on the stories that later generations hear verbally and by carving in the stone.  There's slightly more bouncing around in my head and I'll see about clarifying it.

I'll go ahead and make a post/sheet on religion.  I don't want to get too far into Autumn today for fear that I'll have 2 posts in less than 24 hours which isn't a great thing in terms of pacing.  Religion is an interesting thing to me and I will definitely eventually be ensuring that the Gods get their proper dues.

Wearin' next to nothin' cause it's hot as an oooveeeen!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 28, 2012, 01:52:05 pm »

theres no single crossbowkoid god-haters! >:(
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #89 on: May 28, 2012, 02:21:55 pm »

Alright, so there is now information about religion on the sheet!  It lists more or less what god does what.  Not going to lie to you, a couple of these I'm going to need to take a closer look on...  The sheet will tell you who your kobold worships and you can look below here for some gathered information.  I'll link this post as a supplement.

The Cheese of Fissure Gods:
  • Dleenuslis Theelarussisrufer (Deenuslis Helpfulglad): God of Sacrifice, Charity, and Generosity.  It seems that he is closely connected with Josislus Srachrijus Sathicher because one of his spheres of influence is actually part of her name.  I'm thinking thematically they may be a kind of father and mother god because they also seem to have quite a few worshipers.  Dleenuslis also appears to have a single elf worshiper (Nisumus Trammellurched) who I may try to learn about in Legends mode later.
  • Gasruchruin (Tulipblushes): Goddess of Marriage.  Well, this is kind of interesting... She doesn't actually have a real name, she is JUST a title.
  • Godruprus (Godruprus): Goddess of Revelry and Music.  Every kobold camp needs a revelry god.  Clearly if we build a temple to her it will require a dining room table to have parties in.
  • Josislus Srachrijus Sathicher (Josislus the Charity of Humility): Goddess of Consolation.  Awwww, kobolds think it is important to take care of each other!  You can likely see the connection to Dleenuslis I mentioned before.  She is tied for the most worshipers with Plasobler.
  • Med (Med): Human Goddess of Thralldom.  Splinter worships a human goddess associated with slavery.  This is definitely the stand out weird-religion-thing going on.  On the other hand, it should be noted that he's not the only kobold in the world who worships Med.  She seems to be really well loved by the kobold people.
  • Plasobler (Plasobler): Goddess of Rain.  Pasobler is tied with Josislus for the most worshipers.  She also appears to be related to Pluchreechin in my mind.  After talking religion for a little bit, we've got a working theory that Plasobler and Pluchreechin are brother and sister.  Plasobler brings the rains, drowns, and scares the little pups, then Pluchreechin comes along to comfort with a rainbow.  Plasobler is also interesting in that she appears to have a ridiculous amount of historical worshipers not all of whom are kobolds.  She curses 'bolds with vampirism and were-things constantly and is worshiped by a kobold necromancer named Dayreechin Minesearches.  Clearly more research will need to be done into this dark goddess of rain.
  • Pluchreechin (Pluchreechin): God of Rainbows.  Clearly the most masculine of the kobold gods.  Possibly the brother of Plasobler.
  • Srojlachlis (Srojlachlis): God of Revenge.  We've got our first really mean seeming kobold god.  Kind of a cool one for a tiny oppressed people to worship though.  Chungotlus may prove to be a worshiper...
  • Tliyifrus Richrisruschutichler Breeblothlusfitladrus (Tliyifrus Youthsnuggled the Clean Halls): Goddess of Labor, Crafts, and Youth.  Tliyifrus provides a suitable goddess to thank when wonderful things are made (including artifacts!) and when babies are born.  Admittedly, Gasruchruin may be the better choice for birth (because she's the goddess of marriage and theoretically snuggles), but now you've got a choice.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22