Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Our situation looks helpless.  What do we do?

Fight back the siege.
- 9 (19.1%)
Send missions to get a shovel then colonize a cavern.
- 25 (53.2%)
Cheat to get a shovel then colonize a cavern.
- 13 (27.7%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22

Author Topic: Tadlotlindrirajer: Community Kobold Camp: Please Vote On Our Fate!  (Read 30864 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: Tadlotlindrirajer: Community Kobold Camp: Claim a Kobold Pup!
« Reply #255 on: June 17, 2012, 10:31:13 am »

Other than evulz, what the hell would make a necromancer want to attack kobolds? They don't even make good undead minions!
The necormancer has a thing for kobolds ;)

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #256 on: June 17, 2012, 09:21:10 pm »

@Hugo, I don't think the kobolds will be able to run that fast that long.

@Vgray, No comments on that.  That could explain why I don't see a necromancer at the moment though.

@Corai, Wait, is that true?  If zombies don't leave until killed this fort may become VERY boring.  Currently they don't have a shovel available to them.  Perhaps I could make concentrated 'go get a shovel' missions?

@Nahere, Glad to have you aboard!

@Sen, Yeah, we clearly are in need for straight up revenge at the moment.  Everyone pray to Srojlachlis.  P.S. I'm slightly concerned with how easily I type that these days.

@BerserkNINJA, You got it, Berserk.  Sorry to have to bring you a death!  Hopefully FeralTalon II, FeralTalon Harder will live a more full life!  All the same, FeralTalon has a nice legacy with producing pups!

@Splint, Perhaps the necromancer wants to clear out some small tunnels?

I'm now working on a little supplement to post tomorrow, then hopefully it'll be a real post on Tuesday or Wednesday depending upon how interesting things get. 

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 18, 2012, 01:49:00 am »

Zombies stay FOREVER. Even if you kill all of them but one, they wont leave.

You gotta kill the necromancer, then the zombies.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 18, 2012, 01:52:38 am »

Wow. So unless they can isolate the zombies and bring them down one at a time, we're boned.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 18, 2012, 01:53:55 am »

I vote that you lock Corai outside, and have him try to get the shovel.

CAUSE I AM THE FIRST ONE TO VOLUNTEER.

And because noone loves me and they wont miss me...
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 18, 2012, 01:57:34 am »

I'm sure you'll have friends who'll be rather pissed when they find your body.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 18, 2012, 01:58:27 am »

You doubt my zombie-killing abilities?!?!?

Can Splint come with me? :3

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 18, 2012, 01:59:36 am »

ey now, I'm a mother! Can't leave mah pups with no mom!

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 18, 2012, 02:02:42 am »

Bring the pups too, once they start dieing there berserk rage should down a few zombies.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 18, 2012, 04:24:39 am »

Errr....I have to ask, how's my bold?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #265 on: June 18, 2012, 10:05:42 am »

@Corai, They stay FOREVER?  Do they also rise back up if the necromancer is still alive?  I haven't even managed to find him yet so killing the corpses likely isn't going to be a viable option.

@Splint, Even if we did kill all of them, my understanding is the necromancer will bring them back.

@Corai, your bravery is very much appreciated and I'm leaning towards the same plan.

@NRDL, Well, I can tell you that currently your bold is chilling in a food cave.  I'm working on a more detailed post regarding his situation before going into hiding now.

Alright gang, here's the question.  We are apparently trapped underground indefinitely.  While we could accept this fate and eventually starve to death, I don't think that's what anyone wants.  There really are two main options aside from that. 
*We could deputize the entire kobold camp and go out in a blaze of glory.  We are VERY unlikely to win at this and I'd guess this would be the last post for this camp.

*We can attempt to get a shovel and dig down to a cavern.  If we get to a cavern, we may be able to set up a viable civilization with huts and hunting underground.  Basically we'd lose migrants and trading but be in more or less a situation that we can continue to live.  Obviously this would change the way things run significantly, but it may still work. 

*I could (maybe) temporarily mod one of the weapons a kobold is carrying in order to make it a digging implement.  This would, of course, be cheating but it would allow us to go down to the cavern without having to brave the zombies.

I'm going to go ahead and put up a poll delaying the next Season post for a little while.  I'll also be on IRC for discussion and advice on how to get through this thing.  Let me know what you think!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 10:08:06 am by CaptainKobold »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
Re: Tadlotlindrirajer: Community Kobold Camp: Please Vote On Our Fate!
« Reply #266 on: June 18, 2012, 10:40:47 am »

I vote cheat, It's not really cheating. People can do and use crazy things to try and survive, to DF is is unreal. But when your stuck in a hole in the ground and all you got is a dinner spoon and time, you are probally gonna try and dig out (the concept involves spiraling up and out, filling the hole with excess.)

Suitiable weapons (from the 1.3 KC I just DL'ed)
-Chopper
-Sword
-Dagger
-Spear (would be a bit hard but one that is determined enough could)

Or
You can make a reaction to break a piece of furnature down, then use that wood to make a shovel. Use wood shovel to tunnel to a good shovel, dig a ramp under it so it falls down, remove ramp. Grab shovel and book it.

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #267 on: June 18, 2012, 11:19:30 am »

That's quite true.  I do have pretty much the entire military (minus FeralTalon I and Cadbee) inside the hole, so they certainly have military equipment.  Perhaps I could even judge that the object used then has to be discarded when we get to the cavern?  Honestly, living in the cavern may be handicap enough.

Hugo and I were speaking in IRC and he pointed out that there is also a problem that necromancers have laser-eyes in the version I'm using.  He has some code that sounds like it can fix that which I will likely add in, because digging to the cavern just to be necro-killed doesn't seem interesting.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 18, 2012, 01:19:20 pm »

Well if it's caverns or zombies, I'll take my chances with the crocodiles and toads that might kill me over the zombies that will kill me.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 18, 2012, 01:27:35 pm »

Well the issue is I'm sure  a Necromancer can just go "Oh, I sense a dead body. Ujwhgioeggd! There another zombie." But if that case is wrong (not much experience with necros, But I did have every corpse magicllay get raised.) So even in the caves a dead croc or toad could very much be a zombie of infinite renewal.

I hope by giving CK some altered raws will help keep undead, dead. Or at least, keep dead from coming back. I'm sure CK might like playing with a more updated Kobold Camp. But I'm not inclined to see this one die. I don't think anyone is...
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22