Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Our situation looks helpless.  What do we do?

Fight back the siege.
- 9 (19.1%)
Send missions to get a shovel then colonize a cavern.
- 25 (53.2%)
Cheat to get a shovel then colonize a cavern.
- 13 (27.7%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22

Author Topic: Tadlotlindrirajer: Community Kobold Camp: Please Vote On Our Fate!  (Read 30893 times)

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
Re: Tadlotlindrirajer: Kobold Community Camp: Tiny, Mighty Warriors!
« Reply #120 on: May 28, 2012, 05:20:18 pm »

At some point I'm sure I'll end up making some traps, though a lack of a defensible position makes that a little less useful.  15 copper armed axe/swordbolds could be quite helpful.  I'm a big fan of spearbolds (as are apparently the rest of the community) for their ability to get lucky and take something down fast.  I've had excellent results against goblins, but it's been times when I've been ready.

Currently the military isn't fully equipped with even bone equipment so that's a little less impressive.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 28, 2012, 05:25:41 pm »

Well some traps in the food cave to keep sneaky critters from getting anything would work. i mean kobolds concived of wooden mechanisms and frag traps (based on that shrapnal thingy in the trap shop) So elves at best have speed on thier side while goblins and dwarves shouldn't come in too huge of numbers. Plus kobolds can use thier (admitedly heavy) iron and steel weapons (they may need high weapon skill and agility since they'll get a hit penalty using larger weapons one-handed with a shield.)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 28, 2012, 05:29:35 pm »

Kobolds are secretly smarter then every other species in DF. But there lack of a language makes them unable to let everyone know.

I demand elf corpses everywhere. :3
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 28, 2012, 05:45:10 pm »

Can we make mechanisms?

If so, we should create pressure-plate activated drawbridges that drop the enemies into holes so we can laugh at them, and throw rocks and spears at them.

Failing that, we need to amass war animals. Kobolds are tiny, but dogs are mighty!

Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Niyazov

• Bay Watcher
  • shovel them under and let me work - I am the grass
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 28, 2012, 11:03:11 pm »

Aw yeah Plasobler, coolest kobold god around. Dayreechin Minesearches provides an example we should all aspire to.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 28, 2012, 11:29:51 pm »

I'm all for extra story stuff with Chunglotus. Or whatever his name is. Kobold names are hard to remember.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 28, 2012, 11:39:22 pm »

AM I the only one who thinks Kobold sounds latin-y?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #127 on: May 29, 2012, 12:16:23 am »

Wrote up a another small journal piece, spoilered it in case it conflicted with your story Captain
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #128 on: May 29, 2012, 01:12:23 am »

@Splint, Some traps in the food cave may not go amiss.  Theoretically, we should see anyone who tries to get in just because it is REALLY a center for activity.  The food cave connects right underneath the dining hall after all.  Iron and steel weapons may not be a reality for some time at very least.  Mining isn't really an option unless I mod some raws though caravans do bring metals sometimes.  I have a REALLY hard time actually reading kobold outloud.  The way I say it sounds (to my ears) a little like Quechua, but that may just be because I associate kobold culture with ancient Latin-American cultures.

@Corai, Kobold very smart!  Kobold smartest!  Kobold eat elf corpse, make armor!

@Cognitive, We can make mechanisms, but I feel like too much use of mechanisms moves you into dwarfy territory.  Amassing war animals is something I do think needs to happen.  Luckily we have a breeding pair of dogs for now.  I may be open to giving other animals the war/hunting trainable tags if people push for them!

@Niyazov, Yeah, not going to lie, Plasobler may be my favorite one so far.  He seems really freaking cool! 

@Vgray, I can add in some more story stuff with Chungotlus.  Little bit of extra future-history or perhaps just religious lectures from the old guy.  I'm kind of tempted to do one or two adventure mode posts with the insinuation that some legendary kobold is secretly the old mustached Historian.

@Hugo, Actually, you have no idea how prophetic and fitting that was.  Looking forward to getting the post up tomorrow.  QUEUE OMINOUS MUSIC.

MrLobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 29, 2012, 02:46:21 am »

Valk's Diary, Entry One

My name is Valkrie Haredius IV, but just call me Valk. As is the family tradition,  I am bilingual in both human and kobold. It certainly helps when trading. I am the husband of Lobster, my lovely wife with a name that unfortunately translates into a word that is rather silly in Human. Her real name is Gantak, but she's learning human and wants to sound all human like. Can't complain.

I Gantak Shisraslis. Husband call me "Lobster Boottaught", say it my name in human. I get fish for camp.

My husband a smart-smart, but sometimes he is just like a pup! He like smash things, make a lot of noise. (I love pups, I want so many!)  It's good that I go far away to find fish when Valk smash-make things from wood.  "A smash can break, a smash can make," we like to sing. Easy to break-smash. Hard to MAKE-smash. Need smart. Valk good husband. Our pups be happy, maybe smart too? My wish for tomorrows.

-- More --
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hope this is all right, I'm pretty new to community fortresses and kobold camp.

This fort is moving along fast, I'm glad I got something in before what sounds like a big event.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 29, 2012, 03:38:45 am »

Sweet stuff going on.  A temple sounds awesome, I'm not sure which God, but we definitely need a temple.  Dwarves have metal, humans have trade, elves have crazy animals, but Kobolds have faith. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #131 on: May 29, 2012, 10:29:07 am »

Alright, so quick check-in, real post will be coming later.  When I sat down to start writing the August post, more rooming was winning, so I started working on that.  Now (perhaps because of the religion post) temples are winning by a TON.  So what does that mean?  That means this Winter (assuming we can get together the resources) we begin a temple.  I'll be putting up another poll (I like polls) to ask for votes as to which god to honor!

Niyazov

• Bay Watcher
  • shovel them under and let me work - I am the grass
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 29, 2012, 10:38:28 am »

I'll be putting up another poll (I like polls) to ask for votes as to which god to honor!

VOTE PLASOBLER... OR ELSE

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 29, 2012, 10:45:10 am »

Vote for Med!  Let all our sentient enemies rot in our dungeon/slash temple! 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 29, 2012, 01:57:06 pm »

I voted Med, cause my kobold worships Med.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22