Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Armok...?  (Read 2021 times)

SkillageFTW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Armok...?
« on: May 24, 2012, 07:02:54 pm »

I've been wondering for quite a bit:  When will Armok be implemented into the game?

I think it could add a little bit more !!FUN!! to the game if the great god of blood were present.

Of course, we are the slaves of Armok...

Or are those just the inhabitants of the worlds?

Are we all, in a way, Armok?

Discuss.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Armok...?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 07:03:56 pm »

Armok is in the game now.  He only participates in the history of the work prior to year 1, however.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 07:05:08 pm »

Already discussed.  Tawl the forums and find the thread you seek.  Embark on this quest of knowledge, and realize that Armok is not an entity.  Armok is a force of life, one aspect of intelligence that manifests itself more directly in some than others.

SkillageFTW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 07:06:07 pm »

Amazing...

But yeah I probably should have checked first...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 07:12:02 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104819.msg3101032#msg3101032

I may take another stab at this project.  I wonder how minecarts will change the design I had in mind.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 07:32:22 pm »

Many consider Armok to be the creator of the world, the worldgenerator of sorts. He creates an unforgiving and insane world that makes no sense and lets the dorfs and kobolds goof around until he gets bored and scraps the world, just to replace it with something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

If dwarves (and to some extent, kobolds) are his favorite creations he really has a twisted his sense of humor. Personally, I consider each and every trapped mason and caved in miner an act of his divine guidance. (and usually leave them there.) :o
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 09:35:43 pm »

ISGC

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatters Gonna Hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 09:52:43 pm »

Some trains of thought say to ask yourself: do you not embark with the full knowledge that the destruction of your fortress is inevitable?  Are you not entirely aware of the blood and death that is sure to come with every fortress you start?  In this way, do you not crave the blood of dwarves?  If you are not Armok, then he is merciful compared to your cruelty.
Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Nyan Thousand

• Bay Watcher
  • It's exactly nyan thousand!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 09:58:30 pm »

Urist McStalvern waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were kobolds in the fort. He didn't see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to Cernel Joson were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
Urist was a space dwarf for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the caravans and he said to dad "I want to be on the caravans daddy."
Dad said "No! You will BE KILL BY KOBOLDS"
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the dwarf fort of the UAC he knew there were kobolds.
"This is Joson" the radio crackered. "You must fight the kobolds!"
So Urist gotted his <<☼steel pick☼>> and mined up the wall.
"HE GOING TO KILL US" said the kobolds
"I will shoot at him" said the goblin and he fired the ({copper bolt}). Urist picked at him and tried to blew him up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
"No! I must kill the kobolds" he shouted
The radio said "No, Urist. You are the kobolds"
And then Urist was Armok.

Rakushun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 10:20:19 pm »

Urist McStalvern waited.
^ Was enough to make me burst into laughter.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2012, 11:56:44 pm »

"Armok is God of Blood. His essence runs in each one of us. Even those distasteful elves. You must give blood sacrifice and consume essences. So... like... put grates to the surface over your water supply. Then make a fall trap into it. You will be rewarded with not having to slaughter a fellow dwarf this year. Oh, and prosperity, elf loot, and socks, and such stuff."   - Urist McArmokDisciple

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2012, 12:35:58 am »

I always thought the game itself was Armok. The engines that run world creation, and random combat hits, and stuff.

Wait, I have a megaproject idea: Railway of Babel (ugh terrible name). A huge rail that coils down to build momentum, with a sudden slope up at the end that carts fly off of. The purpose is to shoot a dwarf up into the sky to be closer to the gods, if only for a brief moment.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2012, 02:36:17 am »

wasn't there a mod that had a 'temple' workshop where you could sacrifice stuff for... well, whatevers?
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

snoopychicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2012, 06:27:14 am »

Dwarf Fortress: Repercussions of Armok

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2012, 06:46:47 am »

Armok is a force of life, one aspect of intelligence that manifests itself more directly in some than others.

[ARM_OK]

Those who can grasp with things other than arms do not need Armok as those who can't do.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o
Pages: [1] 2